You Must Be A Liberal If...

It may just go there!

Until it does Congress has no power to compel the President to change his mind. And there in lies the rub, Congress must be worried about what a court will decide or we would already be there. And not at this public attempt to illegally force the President to bow to Congress.

Bush has no choice but to resist. If he simply gives in he will have set the stage for future Presidents to be similarly undermined and he will have publicly announced his advisors are not free from political witch hunts.

So what the left wingers of this board are saying is that none of those things are true about any of them, right?

matts list was funny too by the way. Where the hell did you pull deduction one and dedection two out of. Then you had your death penalty and abortion one. it's really sad that you can't see the difference

So what the left wingers of this board are saying is that none of those things are true about any of them, right?

matts list was funny too by the way. Where the hell did you pull deduction one and dedection two out of. Then you had your death penalty and abortion one. it's really sad that you can't see the difference

Thanks. By the way, I'm pro-life on both counts. There are too many people who get away from death row for me to support capital punishment. If we are to make mistakes, let us make mistakes that favor life.

Thanks. By the way, I'm pro-life on both counts. There are too many people who get away from death row for me to support capital punishment. If we are to make mistakes, let us make mistakes that favor life.

You mean the whole killing innocent people thing?

Nope, just it's not that subtle, been done before and, well, it's not that humorous. Humour is about more than mockery. That was mockery and speaking for myself I don't find mockery that funny. For example, I cannot crack a smile at the names given to your president. It's mockery, it's not funny and it's not necessary. Humour has a light touch and while it might take the piss it doesn't take a piss, if you get my drift.

You mean the whole killing innocent people thing?

We are moving from the title of the thread but you are right. We should not allow the killing of an innocent baby / fetus. Nor should we take the chance of possible killing a convict who was found guilty of murder. I’ve read many articles in which people who were waiting in death row for their execution were released as new irrefutable evidence proved that they did not commit the crimes that they were found to be guilty of committing. Luckily the new evidence was found and they were released before the execution date arrived.

Nope, just it's not that subtle, been done before and, well, it's not that humorous. Humour is about more than mockery. That was mockery and speaking for myself I don't find mockery that funny. For example, I cannot crack a smile at the names given to your president. It's mockery, it's not funny and it's not necessary. Humour has a light touch and while it might take the piss it doesn't take a piss, if you get my drift.

I think someone said earlier they thought it was funny in its stupidity. I don't think it's meant to be funny. It's just a list of things many on the left believe in.

We are moving from the title of the thread but you are right. We should not allow the killing of an innocent baby / fetus. Nor should we take the chance of possible killing a convict who was found guilty of murder. I’ve read many articles in which people who were waiting in death row for their execution were released as new irrefutable evidence proved that they did not commit the crimes that they were found to be guilty of committing. Luckily the new evidence was found and they were released before the execution date arrived.

So, hypothetically, would you be for the death penalty if it was right 100% of the time.

Isn't it amazing that liberals never want to own what they are? They are always trying to pretend "someone" else did that, believes that or said that. And the true liberal usually claims they are moderate. Which would make real moderates way to the right if it were true.

It doesn't bother me in the least to say Openly I am a Conservative.

Probably because it isn't true.

Nothing I've ever seen you post here has anything to do with ideological conservatism: it's all just the same old Republican partisan hacking points.

You want an example of honesty? There are several issues on which I'm very liberal, several others on which I'm conservative, and it doesn't bother me in the least to say both things openly.

I think someone said earlier they thought it was funny in its stupidity. I don't think it's meant to be funny. It's just a list of things many on the left believe in.

No, its not. And the ones that the left does believe in are portrayed in an over-simplistic way to make them appear negative and obviously wrong, which they are not.

Nup, it's what some dumbarse on the right believes the left believe in (note referencing AA here, he's had enough of a pasting) because they don't have the intelligence to analyse what the left really stands for. People like that should stick to Spiderman comics.

No, its not. And the ones that the left does believe in are portrayed in an over-simplistic way to make them appear negative and obviously wrong, which they are not.

It's not what you beleive, but it is? oookkkaaayy. You don't view the the things teh right beleives in negatively? Most things are not as complicated as you would like to make them out to be.

Nup, it's what some dumbarse on the right believes the left believe in (note referencing AA here, he's had enough of a pasting) because they don't have the intelligence to analyse what the left really stands for. People like that should stick to Spiderman comics.

So he's wrong and you don't believe in any of those things?

Jumping back to one I briefly touched on abortion vs. the death penalty, I have seen on this very board people that do believe that. They equate all life as equal whether it's and innocent baby in the womb or some guy who raped and murdered someone. That was the one accurate one on matt's list. I do agree with the death penatly and I think abortion should be illegal after the first tri-mester. There is no contradiction there.

It's not what you beleive, but it is? oookkkaaayy. You don't view the the things teh right beleives in negatively? Most things are not as complicated as you would like to make them out to be.

We weren't talking about me, we were talking about the left. And, as I said, it is NOT a list of things the left believes. However, there are some on that list that the left does believe.

And viewing some ideas on the right negativiely is different than describing them in a negative and over-simplistic way. I don't describe Iraq as killing brown folk, I describe it as invading Iraq. I don't describe pro-life people as anti-choice, I describe them as pro-life. Language matters.

And actually, yes, life is complicated. Perhaps you don't have the intellectual ability to grasp such complicated ideas, but believing they are simple does not make them actually simple.

So he's wrong and you don't believe in any of those things?

Jumping back to one I briefly touched on abortion vs. the death penalty, I have seen on this very board people that do believe that. They equate all life as equal whether it's and innocent baby in the womb or some guy who raped and murdered someone. That was the one accurate one on matt's list. I do agree with the death penatly and I think abortion should be illegal after the first tri-mester. There is no contradiction there.

I'm not blowing my own bags here but I'm not a formulaic thinker.

You're perfectly at liberty to think what you wish. In fact I'm glad you do.

On your point about contradictions. If we're not struggling with contradictions then we're not thinking.

We weren't talking about me, we were talking about the left. And, as I said, it is NOT a list of things the left believes. However, there are some on that list that the left does believe.

Re-read the last to sentences above once more. You just the left believes in some of those things right after you said it is NOT a list of things the left beleives in. Even the author didn't say libs beleive every single one of those. His qualifier for being a lib was that you believe in at least three of them.

And actually, yes, life is complicated. Perhaps you don't have the intellectual ability to grasp such complicated ideas, but believing they are simple does not make them actually simple.

Life is as complicated as you choose to make it. Hell many people woudl say my life has been complicated. Makeing your life complicated or not is your choice. If you want to make it complicated it will be. If you want to make uncomplicated it will be. And no matter how complicated you want to make the issue at teh end of the day the answer to everything on that list is either yes or no.

Bascially ever lefty in resposne to that list has said the same thing. They don't like the tone or the hardness of those phrases, but they know at the same time they can't say they don't beleive in any of it because that would be a lie. So to save yourself from simply saying 'yes, that's what I believe' you want to be able to subject each of them to a bunch of qualifiers so that your beliefs don't appear as harsh as they really are.

Re-read the last to sentences above once more. You just the left believes in some of those things right after you said it is NOT a list of things the left beleives in. Even the author didn't say libs beleive every single one of those. His qualifier for being a lib was that you believe in at least three of them.

I wasn't responding to the OP, I was responding to your comment.

Life is as complicated as you choose to make it.

What a retarded statement.

Hell many people woudl say my life has been complicated. Makeing your life complicated or not is your choice.

Cancer almost killed my mom and made her life much more complicated. How exactly was that her choice?

If you want to make it complicated it will be. If you want to make uncomplicated it will be. And no matter how complicated you want to make the issue at teh end of the day the answer to everything on that list is either yes or no.

No, sorry. As I said before, life is complicated whether you like it or not.

Bascially ever lefty in resposne to that list has said the same thing. They don't like the tone or the hardness of those phrases, but they know at the same time they can't say they don't beleive in any of it because that would be a lie. So to save yourself from simply saying 'yes, that's what I believe' you want to be able to subject each of them to a bunch of qualifiers so that your beliefs don't appear as harsh as they really are.

If by a "bunch of qualifiers" you mean claiming that the left does NOT believe in all of them, and that some of them are obvious misrepresentations, then sure. But you don't. But then again, you seem to be continually unable to realize that those on the other side have a valid point of view.

What a retarded statement.

Cancer almost killed my mom and made her life much more complicated. How exactly was that her choice?

Cancer almost killed me. My life is not complicated. I have chosen to not become encumbered with teh after effects of all that entails. Feel free to revise your statement.

No, sorry. As I said before, life is complicated whether you like it or not.

Which proves my point. You have resided yourself to the notion that it is, there your life is complicated.

If by a "bunch of qualifiers" you mean claiming that the left does NOT believe in all of them, and that some of them are obvious misrepresentations, then sure. But you don't. But then again, you seem to be continually unable to realize that those on the other side have a valid point of view.

If that is your perception then I maintain you are for more interested in makeing yourslef right then you are trying objectively understand people.

Forum List

Back