You may never eat hot dogs again.

If you watch this.

Beef hot dogs and hamburgers are what is left of the cow. The choice cuts get doled out and the rest is mixed together, ground up.

1663030500847.png1663030529831.png

When you actually know how to make them and have made them....

They aren't bad or even disgusting....they are just good.

Currently the meat is cheaper than pork fat itself. I get pork butts/shoulders for around $1.85/lb but the fatback/jowl runs around $4/lb. Spices and salt are what they are.

Casings cost depending upon type...

The hot dogs made by my local butcher are absolutely amazing. They run about $14 for a package of 8, but they're so worth it.

As for your grocery shelves, the smart money's on Hebrew National, then Nathan's and then Sabrett...

^^^ With them being as much as they are, how often do you get them?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Maybe once a month or so. Certainly if we're having a cookout. Then I'll buy five or six packages. There are never leftovers.

Now, with that said, there are hot dogs out there which are far more expensive. Stockyards Hot Dogs are $60 for 25 when they're not on sale:

https://www.stockyards.com/h/all-beef-hot-dogs

16_2995_31e_02ex.jpg

A bit more affordable are the wagyu gourmet hot dogs from KC Cattle Company at $8.75 for a 4-pack.

World Famous Wagyu Gourmet Hot Dogs

They require a minimum $50 order, though...

I've had the Stockyard hot dogs, and they are really good...

A family member who is a bachelor bbq hot dogs every day for lunch. Says they taste good and are cheap. He’s very cheap. After several months, he found he could eat them anymore.

Forum List

Back