“You know, Ms. Lacey, I’m a communist,”

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
Yes, the history teacher with the pictures of Che Guevara and Fidel Castro on his classroom walls really was a communist.

After three years of investigation, the New York City special investigator for schools released a report (also see below) on Tuesday about a 2007 spring break trip to Cuba taken by public-school students from selective Beacon High School on the Upper West Side that violated federal restrictions on travel to Cuba.

The report exonerates the school’s principal, Ruth Lacey, and places full blame on the history teacher, Nathan Turner, for organizing the trip on his own. Mr. Turner resigned in 2008, and the report recommended that he should never be permitted to work in city schools again.

Ms. Lacey, according to the report, told Mr. Turner not to take the 10-day April trip. But Mr. Turner, who had led other such trips for Beacon students in the past, told her that he had to go to Cuba to see Mr. Castro one more time before he died.

“You know, Ms. Lacey, I’m a communist,” he told her, the report said.

Communist Teacher Blamed for Improper Cuba Trip - City Room Blog - NYTimes.com

A THREE YEAR INVESTIGATION???? The posters weren't enough.? The trip wasn't enough? The insubordination? The statement?

Tax dollars at work. :evil:

Yes, the history teacher with the pictures of Che Guevara and Fidel Castro on his classroom walls really was a communist.

After three years of investigation, the New York City special investigator for schools released a report (also see below) on Tuesday about a 2007 spring break trip to Cuba taken by public-school students from selective Beacon High School on the Upper West Side that violated federal restrictions on travel to Cuba.

The report exonerates the school’s principal, Ruth Lacey, and places full blame on the history teacher, Nathan Turner, for organizing the trip on his own. Mr. Turner resigned in 2008, and the report recommended that he should never be permitted to work in city schools again.

Ms. Lacey, according to the report, told Mr. Turner not to take the 10-day April trip. But Mr. Turner, who had led other such trips for Beacon students in the past, told her that he had to go to Cuba to see Mr. Castro one more time before he died.

A THREE YEAR INVESTIGATION???? The posters weren't enough.? The trip wasn't enough? The insubordination? The statement?

So how do we claim to be a FREE country if a teacher can't be a Communist?

It is certainly curious that the Capitalists don't suggest that accounting be mandatory in the schools. Double-entry accounting is 700 years old. Can't these $300 netbooks handle it? They are only 3 times as powerful as a mainframe that cost $3,000,000 in 1980.

psik

My friend, I consider this to be a step in the right direction.

With the attitude and multicultural sanctimony that drips from the mouth of the mayor of NYC, I'm surprised that there was any penalty issued.

And consider the 'useful idiots,' to use Lenin's description of our less-than-anti-communism on this very board...

"[Paul Hollander] is best known for his now-classic book Political Pilgrims, which examined the phenomenon of twentieth-century Western intellectuals who allowed themselves to be seduced and duped by radical revolutionary regimes of the most patent despotism and brutality. How and why did so many intelligent, cultivated, and educated people come to believe such obvious nonsense? Pilgrims was a tragicomic study of how the cherished ideas of the self-important can so easily overwhelm their common sense, and how education can serve to blind as well as to enlighten."
Between Experience and Reflection by Theodore Dalrymple, City Journal 27 April 2009

One wonders what the reaction would have been if he was an avowed Christian with a crucifix displayed in the class and was taking the kids to the Vatican or something. 3-years? Try 3 minutes....

One wonders what the reaction would have been if he was an avowed Christian with a crucifix displayed in the class and was taking the kids to the Vatican or something. 3-years? Try 3 minutes....

Compare the evidence available for the existence of Karl Marx to that for the existence of Jesus Christ and see which has the higher reliability factor.

I haven't see a photograph of JC yet. :lol:

psik

$motivaional_communism.jpg

The "thought police"? You are really losing it. Teachers may not express political beliefs in the classroom. NO ONE is permitted to take children to Cuba. Those are not thoughts: they are unprofessional and illegal.

How's the meltdown going truth? Take two aspirins and go kiss your Mao portrait.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu

Compare the evidence available for the existence of Karl Marx to that for the existence of Jesus Christ and see which has the higher reliability factor.

psik

:clap2: Congratulations...you completely missed the point. Off with you now..:lol:

psik

:clap2: Congratulations...you completely missed the point. Off with you now..:lol:

My point was that the Communist has better evidence and we are talking about schools. Aren't schools supposed to teach children to THINK? Doesn't that involve evaluating EVIDENCE?

A Communist has a better case than a Christian for educational relevance.

A nun told my sister that, "science and religion don't mix".

psik

Last edited:

psik

My point was that the Communist has better evidence and we are talking about schools. Aren't schools supposed to teach children to THINK? Doesn't that involve evaluating EVIDENCE?

A Communist has a better case than a Christian for educational relevance.

A nun told my sister that, "science and religion don't mix".

psik

What 'better evidence' than 2,000 years worth of Christian history which, BTW, is not generally allowed in public schools which, (are you still following me?) was my ORIGINAL point. Now, go bow to that altar of Marx I know you have set up in your living room..:lol::lol:

I dunno....I was taught both science AND religion in parochial school.

Last edited:
What 'better evidence' than 2,000 years worth of Christian history which, BTW, is not generally allowed in public schools which, (are you still following me?) was my ORIGINAL point. Now, go bow to that altar of Marx I know you have set up in your living room..:lol::lol:

Their only evidence is what is in the Bible. Check the gospels that are inspired by God for the number of women that went to JC's tomb and found the body missing. They don't match. God can't count. So it's 2000 years of terrorist brainwashing based on an unreliable book.

I got no science in grade school I didn't get a science course until sophomore year. I did notice that all of the science teachers were lay teachers not the nitwit Christian Brothers.

What did Marx say about the effect of planned obsolescence on the Gross Domestic Product? Marx is obsolete. Also notice that our capitalist economists don't compute and report the depreciation of durable consumer goods.

I guess they don't have to, it's a FREE country.

Maybe capitalism is obsolete too. We just have too many people loyal to obsolete ideas.

That's education for you.

psik

Their only evidence is what is in the Bible. Check the gospels that are inspired by God for the number of women that went to JC's tomb and found the body missing. They don't match. God can't count. So it's 2000 years of terrorist brainwashing based on an unreliable book.

I got no science in grade school I didn't get a science course until sophomore year. I did notice that all of the science teachers were lay teachers not the nitwit Christian Brothers.

What did Marx say about the effect of planned obsolescence on the Gross Domestic Product? Marx is obsolete. Also notice that our capitalist economists don't compute and report the depreciation of durable consumer goods.

I guess they don't have to, it's a FREE country.

Maybe capitalism is obsolete too. We just have too many people loyal to obsolete ideas.

That's education for you.

psik

If you're gonna teach Communism then teach Christianity too. They are both belief systems. OR...you could teach Reading, Writing and Math...gee what a concept!!

The thought police are here.

are the thought police the ones not wanting their kids or others sent to banned countries (althought I think the ban is bullshit) or are they the ones not wanting their kids or others brainwashed by teachers instead of receiving unbiased lessons?

If you're gonna teach Communism then teach Christianity too. They are both belief systems. OR...you could teach Reading, Writing and Math...gee what a concept!!

You shouldn't bring up mathematics in relation to economics.

Double-entry accounting is 700 years old. How hard can it be? When was the last time you heard a CAPITALIST Economist suggest that accounting be mandatory in the schools?

How much do Americans lose on the depreciation of automobiles every year? When we buy cars the economists add them to GDP. They talk about the Gross but not the NET. They never subtract the depreciation of consumer automobiles.

Our economists can't do the math and want everybody EDUCATED to be dumber than they are.

http://discussions.pbs.org/viewtopic.pbs?t=28529

psik

Last edited:

Forum List

Back