You heard me talk about Maine wanting to take your guns away, right? Joe Biden is going all in on gun confiscation. I told ya so.

You beat your wife, you lose your guns
You make a threat at work, you lose your guns
Threaten a neighbor, you lose your guns
Threaten suicide, you lose your guns

Common sense

That only helps if the mentally ill person voices the threat. But if voicing the threat has the reputation of government interference in execution of the threat, the ill will simply quit voicing the threat. The first loved ones will know is when they get shot or when they hear that someone else got shot.

The threat of red-flag confiscations is only going to be a threat for a very short time because the mentally will will simply start keeping their illness to themselves. After a very short period of lots of red-flag incidents (legitimate ones, anyway), the legitimate reports will simply stop while the reports of the dead and wounded grows. The solution is a safe environment for getting help, not a threat of repercussions for having asked for help.

They talk out of both sides of their mouths. They don't want any preemptive action taken to prevent the tragedy and then when the tragedy happens they blame the local government for not taking preemptive action to prevent it.
The problem is the action, not whether action should be taken. It is common law for centuries that the insane who are a threat to themselves or others can be locked up. And we know from the number of knife attacks here and abroad that taking a gun does nothing to stop the dangerously insane person from killing.

What the Sheriff is supposed to do is to lock the person up and hold them for the Judge. The Judge orders a psychiatric evaluation and, if there's cause, holds the person for their protection and the protection of others. That's meaningful action. Taking some of the weapons from the home, leaving dozens of other weapons, does nothing.

More people are killed by hammers or blunt objects every single year than by AR-15 or any weapon considered an assault weapon. Taking all of the "assault weapons" while leaving the hammers, bottles, pipes, stones, statues, or other heavy, blunt, objects does nothing.

Red-flag laws are not about protecting people from insane relatives, it is about getting guns. Period.

No, it is a front door attempt to remove guns from the hands of those who are a threat to themselves or others

The agenda is to stop preventable murders

It has nothing at all to do with preventing murders. If they wanted to stop murders they would lock up the criminally dangerous insane. They're OK with the dead bodies; it's the guns they want. And after they get the guns, when the dead bodies are still piling up, they'll go after the knives and then the blunt objects, and then hand tools,

Then, when they have all the weapons, they will start on the people. And history shows that when the communists take over, the leftist supporters are actually among the first to go. Your leaders are going to treat you like the useful idiots that they think you are.

It has nothing at all to do with preventing murders. If they wanted to stop murders they would lock up the criminally dangerous insane. They're OK with the dead bodies; it's the guns they want. And after they get the guns, when the dead bodies are still piling up, they'll go after the knives and then the blunt objects, and then hand tools,

Then, when they have all the weapons, they will start on the people. And history shows that when the communists take over, the leftist supporters are actually among the first to go. Your leaders are going to treat you like the useful idiots that they think you are.
You have an odd sense of priorities

You are outraged at locking up someone’s guns but are willing to incarcerate the person

Do you think dangerous people won't get other weapons if you take their guns? You don't allow someone who is a threat to themselves or others to leave the padded room other than for counseling sessions.
They are less a threat with other weapons to the count of 40,000 gun deaths a year

If you take my guns and my home is invaded while I am home then I could very well be dead. In fact, what's to prevent an anonymous tip just ahead of a planned burglary?

You are getting overly dramatic in your hypotheticals

Some anonymous tip will not trigger a red flag. You will have to put your name on it and be willing to testify

That only helps if the mentally ill person voices the threat. But if voicing the threat has the reputation of government interference in execution of the threat, the ill will simply quit voicing the threat. The first loved ones will know is when they get shot or when they hear that someone else got shot.

The threat of red-flag confiscations is only going to be a threat for a very short time because the mentally will will simply start keeping their illness to themselves. After a very short period of lots of red-flag incidents (legitimate ones, anyway), the legitimate reports will simply stop while the reports of the dead and wounded grows. The solution is a safe environment for getting help, not a threat of repercussions for having asked for help.
It is not always the mentally ill but those with violent tempers or grudges that are dangerous

Last edited:
New York Judge Says 2nd Amendment 'Doesn't Exist in This Courtroom'

The judge disrupted Varghese’s opening statement multiple times as he tried to set the stage for Taylor’s defense. Even further, she admonished the defense to refrain from mentioning the Second Amendment during the trial. Varghese told RedState:

She told us, ‘Do not bring the Second Amendment into this courtroom. It doesn’t exist here. So you can’t argue Second Amendment. This is New York.'
As if we needed more proof liberals hate the right to keep and bear arms.

Some more so than others. Any law that abrogates due process is a non starter.
Spot on.
Then I guess it’s good red flag laws don’t do that
That's a lie.
Ahhhh, but they do. As written at least. That's the problem. Politicians aren't very smart, so they write laws that either don't work at all, or are so egregious to the Constitution that they are rife with possibilities for corruption.
You think it's accidental?
No, they don't. Despite what many of you are claiming, it's not as simple as claiming someone is a threat and the cops show up and take your guns after having a big shoot out with you. The threat has to be credible and a judge has to approve the warrant. That's Due Process.
That's not due process.

Did you know that Maine is the closest US state to Africa?
Are you having a stroke?
Ever had your car towed?
That is taking away your car without due process

You can still get it back
That's it. Congratulations. That is the STUPIDEST THING EVER POSTED IN THE HISTORY OF THE INTERNET.
If you take my guns and my home is invaded while I am home then I could very well be dead. In fact, what's to prevent an anonymous tip just ahead of a planned burglary?
Nothing, it's a side benefit.
Anyone who uses a gun for suicide is going to successfully kill themselves. All you will do is postpone it for a day or two.

DURRRRRR
Or endanger others, because the person's plan B is 100mph into a building.

Any sensible gun owner would want the unsuitables not to have access to firearms. Why would sensible people want dangerous folk to have guns?
Because the Joe Bribem admin, just like his boss the brown turd Obammys admin allowed the purchase of firearms to harm innocent people, just so the gubermint could then go after the law abiding citizens guns. Happend with Eric (the racist) Holder and now with Merrick (the liar) Garland. Put mentally ill people who want to harm themselves and others in a place where they cant do anyone harm, but no, that would put 99.75% of the Demofascists out of the voting rolls.

Forum List

Back