'You get to be a puppy forever:' Whatcom Co. rescue creates bucket list for dying puppy

NewsVine_Mariyam

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2018
The Beautiful Pacific Northwest
It's the photos that prompted me to post this

FERNDALE, Wash. — Logan is an 8-week-old German Shepherd puppy and he gets to stay a puppy his whole life.

"He has three things wrong with his heart that have no fix," his foster mom, Lindie Saenz, said. Saenz volunteers to foster dogs through Rescued Hearts Northwest.

Rescued Hearts Northwest decided to take in Logan after his first rescue agency didn't have the proper resources to take care of his illnesses. He was posted for free on a local Facebook buy/sell group.

According to their mission statement, Rescued Hearts Northwest aims to save the lives of at-risk dogs and educate communities about spaying and neutering. The organization takes in about 200 dogs a year and they will do what they can for dogs with health problems. The organization has even sent one dog to Washington State University to have a large and expensive surgery.

Saenz was told Logan had a level-5 heart murmur, but after going to the vet, discovered his condition was much more serious.

Logan has pulmonic valve dysplasia — the main valve in his heart is partially opened all the time, so it doesn't properly oxygenate his blood. His heart also has scarring and leaks fluids, and Saenz said the vet gave Logan anywhere from one month to one year to live. He could die very suddenly. Saenz said it would be like heart attack.

Saenz's 4-year-old son, Blake, decided to name the puppy Logan after the "X-Men" character Wolverine, who can regenerate and heal himself. He thought that if they named him after the super hero, then maybe the puppy could heal himself too.​

'You get to be a puppy forever:' Whatcom Co. rescue creates bucket list for dying puppy

Sad story. I've had German Shepherds my whole life. If you get a good one you have the best dog on the planet.

Logan is one cute puppy and I hope he gets everything on his bucket list.

Logan has the exact same issues my precious Awen was born with. She too was given a month or two to live. She lived for 13 years. I loved her every day of those years.

Logan has the exact same issues my precious Awen was born with. She too was given a month or two to live. She lived for 13 years. I loved her every day of those years.

Yup and I had a friend who was diagnosed with cancer. They gave him six months to live.

Twenty years later he's alive and well.

Hope little Logan is alive and well next year.

What a great looking puppy.

Forum List

Back