You don't need much meat.....just a little...

It's not meat in general IMO but red meat. I'm trying to cut back on red meat and be more balanced between chicken, turkey, salmon, and beef/pork.

that's pretty much what i eat when it comes to meat.

chicken & turkey. i'm not a fish eater & i'll have beef maybe 5x a year...

turkey sausage ( sweet italian ) is great in sauce for pasta & i'll take it out of its casing to make patties for grilling. add a slice of cheese & sauteed peppers.... yummmmm....
I eat beef/pork every week and grill salmon once a week also. You ought to try grilling salmon. If you do it right it right it's not "fishy" at all.
If you can get fresh salmon, grill it lightly, just enough to cook it but not so much as to dry it out. Serve it with just a little lemon and butter sauce, a baked potato and a fresh salad and Oh' my God, what great meal and it's good for you. Salmon is rich in fish oils.
I think we need food forum. It would be a hell of lot better than all political crap.
Yes I have learned that timing is everything with Salmon. I do a simple sauce with brown sugar, soy sauce and vegetable oil and grill it open faced on foil. I never have any complaints!
Sounds great. Makes my mouth water.

soy, nuts & beans are good sources of protein.
So is a ribeye and t-bone

but they don't clog yer arteries. enjoy...
Neither do ribeye or t-bones
What clogs your arteries is cholesterol and fatty deposits from those juicy steaks. People say you can get lean meat that's healthy. Have you every eaten really lean steaks lacking in marbled fat and those delicious juices? I prefer a good piece of salmon.
Nope wives tale

It's not meat in general IMO but red meat. I'm trying to cut back on red meat and be more balanced between chicken, turkey, salmon, and beef/pork.

turkey sausage ( sweet italian ) is great in sauce for pasta & i'll take it out of its casing to make patties for grilling. add a slice of cheese & sauteed peppers.... yummmmm....
I eat beef/pork every week and grill salmon once a week also. You ought to try grilling salmon. If you do it right it right it's not "fishy" at all.

I eat grilled salmon all the time! and I love it!:biggrin:....I also eat chicken.

Red meat I don't eat at all. I used to, but not now.

I eat grilled salmon all the time! and I love it!:biggrin:....I also eat chicken.

Pork isn’t red meat

Pork isn’t red meat

ok whatever

I don't eat four legged animals, that's what I meant.

What clogs your arteries is cholesterol and fatty deposits from those juicy steaks. People say you can get lean meat that's healthy. Have you every eaten really lean steaks lacking in marbled fat and those delicious juices? I prefer a good piece of salmon.
Nope wives tale
Nope, Mayo Clinc

If you can get fresh salmon, grill it lightly, just enough to cook it but not so much as to dry it out. Serve it with just a little lemon and butter sauce, a baked potato and a fresh salad and Oh' my God, what great meal and it's good for you. Salmon is rich in fish oils.
I think we need food forum. It would be a hell of lot better than all political crap.
Yes I have learned that timing is everything with Salmon. I do a simple sauce with brown sugar, soy sauce and vegetable oil and grill it open faced on foil. I never have any complaints!
I like your idea about a food forum, maybe they could get rid of a couple of under utilized forums and make room for it!

I like your idea about a food forum, maybe they could get rid of a couple of under utilized forums and make room for it!
Sounds good to me. It would be a lot more useful than nonsense about Trump and Biden

Nope wives tale
Nope, Mayo Clinc
I posted my link earlier

If I don't eat enough, I get a headache.
If I don't eat enough, I get weak and start to shake.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
That is the beginning of diabetes, get it checked
It only happens after I eat just cereal. I really can't see myself being at the beginning stage of diabetes considering the diet that I have been on for almost a year now. I've stayed away from so much. The only thing that I eat is eggs and sausage for breakfast, and green beans, cantaloupe, and two meat and bread only sandwiches are what I have for the rest of my meals. Sugar free tea and Crystal Light stuff is what I drink.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Last edited:
We eat far too much meat in this nation....I'm not complaining but it's the truth. There are plenty of protein sources that can sustain us with less expense and much less strain to our physical being than meat causes.

Years ago I knew a vegan who suffered from protein deficiency and he refused to take his doctor's advice to have one or two buffalo burgers a month...." That's all you need " he said....but because my friend was a religious Vegan he held out. Eventually he developed a horrible open sore on his nose that made it impossible for him to do his job as a department administrator who had to face dozens of people every day....so after checking with his Maharishi or whoever the hell his spiritual counselor was he decided to do two buffalo burgers a month..... Voila! His sore healed up is a matter of a few weeks and to this day this is all the meat he consumes..

JO
you don't need to eat any meat at all.

I have been following a fellow named Marcus Rothkranz who is a vegan and a prolific health writer
he is 50 and looks like he's 27. He does say however that should you choose to be a vegan you must do it correctly. That I believe.

JO
It's easy to do correctly

I adopted a whole food vegan diet 3 months ago and feel so good I don't think I'll ever go back to eating meat.
blues, good for you. I'm good with who I am. I love my meat, I will do what I want. welcome back to america.
Where did I ever tell anyone what to eat?

I will correct false assumptions when they arise but I don't care what anyone else does
seems you are forcing an agenda here. stay with what you like and we'll stay with what we like. I promise, I won't make any attempt to tell anyone what to eat.

No it's you who think I am forcing an agenda.

All I ever said was meat is not necessary. I will correct false assumptions though.

WHat are you so defensive about?
people believing they should force their way on others. stay in your world.

Please quote the exact words.

But you won't because you can't.

So stop fabricating arguments and attributing them to me

All I ever said is meat is not a neccessity in a healthy diet.
Meat is a necessity or doctors would not prescribe things just for dumb vegitarians

What do Doctors prescribe just for vegetarians? Because my Doctor took me off off my blood pressure meds and didn't precribe anything else at my annual physical last month
B12 calcium iron zinc omega 3s and others, these are not found in vegees

B12 isn't made by livestock either.

In fact B12 is the product of bacteria in the soil and livestock are given B12 supplements along with their antibiotics and steroids now.

And in fact there are many plants that contain zinc. A cup of oatmeal contains 21% of the daily recommended value for zinc

Spinach is loaded with iron

Chia seeds flax brussel sprouts and other plants contain omega 3 fatty acids

Do you not realize that everything you think you get eating meat is contained in all the plant matter that the animal eats?

In fact a cow has to be fed 6 kg of plant protein to make 1 kg of dietary protein.

And as I said I haven't been prescribed anything by my doctor because I have given up animal products but rather was taken off my blood pressure medication.

Then the zinc was added to the oatmeal like D is added to milk

We don't need to add vitamin d to milk all we have to do is get outside in the sun.

And is zinc added to wild rice, quinoa, squash and pumpkin seeds, mushrooms, black beans, etc etc etc?

Where do you think the iron , zinc or any other mineral you get from meat comes from?

It comes from the plants fed to the animals
The sun only produces D at a certain point in the sky, and cold climates never do get out there

And you don't get vitamin d from a cow either. As you said it is added to milk.
Meat advanced human evolution, nothing you can do about this either

So regrow your tail and keep on acting like the monkey that you are

Not the way we eat it now.

How much meat do you think prehistoric man ate? And the meat they ate wasn't the over fattened steroid and antibiotic filled stuff you eat today
Prehistoric man began eating meat when he climbed down out of the tree with a spear and ate the carnivore that had previously eaten humans

You climb back up and hide
But you won't answer the question I just asked you.

Why is that?

Here I'll ask it again

How much meat do you think prehistoric man ate?

And the meat they ate wasn't the over fattened steroid and antibiotic filled stuff you eat today
Look dopey, prehistoric man didnt leave journals you ignorant lettuce head.
You do know that chemical analysis of bones will allow anthropologists to determine the diet of the person don't you?

You are remarkably uninformed yet you vehemently defend your assertions.

Let's recap

You said that people can't get enough amino acids. I linked to the 9 essential AAs that must be ingested and gave lists of vegetables that contain them

You said you can't get zinc, iron or omega 3 fatty acids from plants. I gave you lists of plants that contain them

You don't know how much of the prehistoric diet consisted of meat but you hold on to the notion that all prehistoric people ate was meat
True however fossils are not bones and the bones that left Africa were eating meat and shellfish as their iodine levels were rising.

The monkeys like you are still munching bananas

5154051891_62aa0d014d.jpg
And you still can't tell me how much meat they were eating.

So yes we know prehistoric people ate meat but we don't know how much but we do know that the meat they ate was not anything like the meat you eat today.

And the fact remains that today in this day and age meat is not a necessary part of a healthy diet

We eat far too much meat in this nation....I'm not complaining but it's the truth. There are plenty of protein sources that can sustain us with less expense and much less strain to our physical being than meat causes.

Years ago I knew a vegan who suffered from protein deficiency and he refused to take his doctor's advice to have one or two buffalo burgers a month...." That's all you need " he said....but because my friend was a religious Vegan he held out. Eventually he developed a horrible open sore on his nose that made it impossible for him to do his job as a department administrator who had to face dozens of people every day....so after checking with his Maharishi or whoever the hell his spiritual counselor was he decided to do two buffalo burgers a month..... Voila! His sore healed up is a matter of a few weeks and to this day this is all the meat he consumes..

JO
I won't give up my weekly 16 oz ribeye. The problem with the hardcore vegan loons is they believe they have the right to force that shit on everyone.

I liken vegetarians to someone who has quit smoking or drinking. That's all they can talk about.
Well since this thread is about not needing to eat a lot meat it makes sense that people who don't eat meat post here.

And what other threads do I talk about nit eating meat other than the ones about diet?

JO
you don't need to eat any meat at all.

I have been following a fellow named Marcus Rothkranz who is a vegan and a prolific health writer
he is 50 and looks like he's 27. He does say however that should you choose to be a vegan you must do it correctly. That I believe.

JO
It's easy to do correctly

I adopted a whole food vegan diet 3 months ago and feel so good I don't think I'll ever go back to eating meat.
blues, good for you. I'm good with who I am. I love my meat, I will do what I want. welcome back to america.

I will correct false assumptions when they arise but I don't care what anyone else does
seems you are forcing an agenda here. stay with what you like and we'll stay with what we like. I promise, I won't make any attempt to tell anyone what to eat.

No it's you who think I am forcing an agenda.

All I ever said was meat is not necessary. I will correct false assumptions though.

WHat are you so defensive about?
people believing they should force their way on others. stay in your world.

Please quote the exact words.

But you won't because you can't.

So stop fabricating arguments and attributing them to me

All I ever said is meat is not a neccessity in a healthy diet.
Meat is a necessity or doctors would not prescribe things just for dumb vegitarians

What do Doctors prescribe just for vegetarians? Because my Doctor took me off off my blood pressure meds and didn't precribe anything else at my annual physical last month
B12 calcium iron zinc omega 3s and others, these are not found in vegees

B12 isn't made by livestock either.

In fact B12 is the product of bacteria in the soil and livestock are given B12 supplements along with their antibiotics and steroids now.

And in fact there are many plants that contain zinc. A cup of oatmeal contains 21% of the daily recommended value for zinc

Spinach is loaded with iron

Chia seeds flax brussel sprouts and other plants contain omega 3 fatty acids

Do you not realize that everything you think you get eating meat is contained in all the plant matter that the animal eats?

In fact a cow has to be fed 6 kg of plant protein to make 1 kg of dietary protein.

And as I said I haven't been prescribed anything by my doctor because I have given up animal products but rather was taken off my blood pressure medication.

Then the zinc was added to the oatmeal like D is added to milk

We don't need to add vitamin d to milk all we have to do is get outside in the sun.

And is zinc added to wild rice, quinoa, squash and pumpkin seeds, mushrooms, black beans, etc etc etc?

Where do you think the iron , zinc or any other mineral you get from meat comes from?

It comes from the plants fed to the animals
The sun only produces D at a certain point in the sky, and cold climates never do get out there

And you don't get vitamin d from a cow either. As you said it is added to milk.
Meat advanced human evolution, nothing you can do about this either

So regrow your tail and keep on acting like the monkey that you are

Not the way we eat it now.

How much meat do you think prehistoric man ate? And the meat they ate wasn't the over fattened steroid and antibiotic filled stuff you eat today
Prehistoric man began eating meat when he climbed down out of the tree with a spear and ate the carnivore that had previously eaten humans

You climb back up and hide
But you won't answer the question I just asked you.

Why is that?

Here I'll ask it again

How much meat do you think prehistoric man ate?

And the meat they ate wasn't the over fattened steroid and antibiotic filled stuff you eat today
Look dopey, prehistoric man didnt leave journals you ignorant lettuce head.
You do know that chemical analysis of bones will allow anthropologists to determine the diet of the person don't you?

You are remarkably uninformed yet you vehemently defend your assertions.

Let's recap

You said that people can't get enough amino acids. I linked to the 9 essential AAs that must be ingested and gave lists of vegetables that contain them

You said you can't get zinc, iron or omega 3 fatty acids from plants. I gave you lists of plants that contain them

You don't know how much of the prehistoric diet consisted of meat but you hold on to the notion that all prehistoric people ate was meat
True however fossils are not bones and the bones that left Africa were eating meat and shellfish as their iodine levels were rising.

The monkeys like you are still munching bananas

5154051891_62aa0d014d.jpg
And you still can't tell me how much meat they were eating.

So yes we know prehistoric people ate meat but we don't know how much but we do know that the meat they ate was not anything like the meat you eat today.

And the fact remains that today in this day and age meat is not a necessary part of a healthy diet
Sure it is.

JO
I won't give up my weekly 16 oz ribeye. The problem with the hardcore vegan loons is they believe they have the right to force that shit on everyone.

I liken vegetarians to someone who has quit smoking or drinking. That's all they can talk about.
Well since this thread is about not needing to eat a lot meat it makes sense that people who don't eat meat post here.

And what other threads do I talk about nit eating meat other than the ones about diet?
Irrelevant, you’re trying to push an agenda, not discuss meat. Again, shame on you

No one has and will ever tell me how much or how little meat to eat!

And I eat quality beef for years. I gotz Kansas City Steak Co. on speed dial, muppets!
Wrong as they will tell you whatever they choose. You just do not have to listen, nor should you
No you are wrong as you have been about a lot of things in this thread

I have never told anyone what they should eat. I merely stated the fact that meat is not necessary to a healthy diet.

If you think I have then please quote the post where you think I did

And I eat quality beef for years. I gotz Kansas City Steak Co. on speed dial, muppets!
Wrong as they will tell you whatever they choose. You just do not have to listen, nor should you

I have never told anyone what they should eat. I merely stated the fact that meat is not necessary to a healthy diet.

I did twice and you ignored them both

JO

Irrelevant, you’re trying to push an agenda, not discuss meat. Again, shame on you

Where have I pushed anything on anyone please quote the post where I have

I did twice and you ignored them both
No you didn't.

All I have done is state a fact. That is not pushing an agenda

Most of the crops grown in the world are fed to livestock so we could easily feed everyone without meat.

But why are you making up arguments and attributing them to me?

I never said anything about the entire population going vegan even though it is entirely possible

Haha... okay so you are counting grass as edible vegetation for humans?? Hilarious.
There is a whole world outside of America. Here, yes, we unfortunately feed livestock foods they were never meant to eat just to fatten them up quickly. That is franken-food. And that is not related to what I am saying.
In order to be vegan, you MUST eat vegetation and grains that are grown far-far-far away from your immediate environment. All of those veggies/fruits/grains consume mass energy to both produce and ship. HUUGE swaths of land to grow. Vegetation is NOT the answer for the future.
Insects?.... that is a whole other possibility.

No but grain is.

And a cow has to be fed 6kg of vegetable matter to make 1 kg of protein that is eaten as meat.

The grain we grow in this country to feed livestock could feed 800 million people.

It would take less land not more to feed people a vegan diet.
So can the cows, and there you go again, go promote your vegan shit to vegan shits.

Fk blue you disappoint me

And you're promoting eating meat so what's the difference?

Forum List

Back