'You don't have the right to speak'

dread

Mar 5, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
A student senate leader at the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point has told pro-life display supporters they have no right to express their opinion on the volatile issue of abortion.

"It's not your responsibility," Roderick King, a sophomore at the school and member of its student senate, shouted at activists who had assembled a display of white crosses in the campus lawn – with university permission.

"[Abortion] is a right. You don't have the right to challenge it. Write a paper. Do NOT! Do NOT put this in front of all of us. This is not your right," he hollered, grabbing crosses with both hands, yanking them from the ground and throwing them to the side.

The episode was captured on a YouTube video:

http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=63659

Funny how ONLY the pro choice people can talk but when a pro life person tries to talk they get told to STFU.

A student senate leader at the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point has told pro-life display supporters they have no right to express their opinion on the volatile issue of abortion.

"It's not your responsibility," Roderick King, a sophomore at the school and member of its student senate, shouted at activists who had assembled a display of white crosses in the campus lawn – with university permission.

"[Abortion] is a right. You don't have the right to challenge it. Write a paper. Do NOT! Do NOT put this in front of all of us. This is not your right," he hollered, grabbing crosses with both hands, yanking them from the ground and throwing them to the side.

Funny how ONLY the pro choice people can talk but when a pro life person tries to talk they get told to STFU.

This is a stupid kid who doesn't understand the law. Don't worry, if any portion of the state is involved, the ACLU will defend the rights of the anti-abortion demonstrators.

Agreed.

Abortion is Pro-Death more then pro choice in the end.

that is a gay man.

and, he's probably homosexual in orientation too.

He was wrong, but what he had to say is interesting:

On May 1, 2008, I removed the crosses from The Pointers for Life display. I felt that this display was disrespectful and for the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, allowing this kind of display in the confinements of an educational setting was more than wrong.

There are a number of reasons for which I took it upon myself to remove these crosses (I did not destroy any of them nor did I cut any of their signs). After speaking with several students pertaining to this display on April 30, 2008, I was informed that a few other groups on campus were being questioned regarding their involvement in the construction of this display. The responsible organization was later asked to put up a sign that identified them. My understanding is that any student organization reserving spaces on campus must do this.

http://mrontemp.blogspot.com/2008/05/roderick-eugene-king-cross-removal-guy.html

No Jillian he said that because of the way he talked and his flamboyant attitude.

It's his choice either way.

*watches video*

You know, I kind of find the image of the uprooted crosses strewn about the lawn a bit more compelling than the image of the crosses standing in neat rows. It suggests haphazardness and violence.

Because, of course, a man who doesn't feel the need to control women *must* be gay, right? And, of course, that's teh worst insult you can think of. :eusa_doh:

not at all. Feel free to watch the video again. If that man acts like a strait guy to you then I applaud your attention to detail.

I take it you didn't catch the double entendre.

Main Entry:
dou·ble en·ten·dre Listen to the pronunciation of double entendre Listen to the pronunciation of double entendre
Pronunciation:
\ˈdüb-əl-äⁿ-ˈtäⁿd(-rə); ˈdə-bəl-än-ˈtänd(-rə)\
Function:
noun
Inflected Form(s):
plural double entendres Listen to the pronunciation of double entendres \same also -ˈtäⁿz; -ˈtän-drəz\
Etymology:
obsolete French, literally, double meaning
Date:

1 : ambiguity of meaning arising from language that lends itself to more than one interpretation 2 : a word or expression capable of two interpretations with one usually risqué

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/entendre

simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

Forum List

Back