You didn’t build that: Obama says wealthy are ‘lucky,’ ‘blessed,’ ‘fortunate’

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Matthew, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Matthew

Matthew Blue dog all the way!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,118
    You didn’t build that: Obama says wealthy are ‘lucky,’ ‘blessed,’ ‘fortunate’

You didn

These people did a lot more than just get lucky. They worked hard and made good choices. Sure, there's some luck, but come on Obama. :eusa_shifty: We should be praising intelligent people for making us the power we're today. :eusa_angel:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  2. JamesInFlorida

JamesInFlorida Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +184
    Agreed. Of course there is some luck involved in being successful (unless someone is a trust-fund baby, then I guess it's all luck on their individual part).

But I think so many people (on both sides) ultimately like to blame others for their failures. Democrats blame the rich and wealthy, whereas Republicans blame Obama/Dems and their policies. It's ridiculous. The secret to success isn't brain surgery. So many people either attempt to work hard, or attempt to work smart. But reality is that you need to do BOTH. For the simple fact that you cannot truly do one without doing the other. People just need to take some responsibility and take the bull by the horns.

edit: As I said there is SOME luck involved-but reality is that you make your own luck by putting yourself in position to become "lucky".

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  3. Lakhota

Lakhota Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,931
    Aw, some new twists on an old theme. Keep beating that dead horse...

Folks with an IQ at or above Forrest Gump level know exactly what Obama was talking about. They digested the full context.