You can't move the needle when it's already pinned.

All the while hack turds like you hear absurdities like "we have to pass the bill beofre we find out what's in it", "I voted for it before I voted against it", and "it depends upon what your meaning of the word 'is' is" and eat your toast without missing a beat.
There is nothing that the left pisses and moans about the right doing they they themselves are not guilty of.

Sooner or later the media will have to move on to the next thing that can create "outrage" in a population so desensitized to sensationalism and noise and will have to create a bigger louder more outrageous narrative.
The media already has an outrageous narrative to report on. They don't have to create it. All it requires is writing what Trump does and says. My point is conservatives should be outraged at the idea the Insurrection Act will be invoked by Trump on day one of a second admin but they aren't.

The media already has an outrageous narrative to report on. They don't have to create it. All it requires is writing what Trump does and says. My point is conservatives should be outraged at the idea the Insurrection Act will be invoked by Trump on day one of a second admin but they aren't.

They have created it.

40 years ago Trump never would have been given the air time he is getting today. The guy is a malignant narcissist megalomaniac and the "news" media is just giving him what he wants so they can get more outrage fodder.

Let's talk about that. Did he or did he not intimate Milley should be executed? Is reporting what he said defaming him?
If he did who cares? Progs drew first blood a long time ago. Republicans are minor league. Did you pay attention to the venom spewed on Trump and his voters since before 2016? I know, Progs were not on the receiving end of the 95% media/entertainment/prog politicians/elites vicious jokes, skits, threats, personal destruction, lawsuits, and more as you control near everything. It is time for you to enjoy it if it ever occurs. Frankly, you are fighting each other now as the cracks in your party are there to but the real cult keeps voting for it, and it will end for some groups their own demise.

We live in a constant state of astonishment. Like a person suffering from sensory overload, at some point our senses essentially shut down, no longer able to react. Such is the case with respect to the news cycle reporting the relentless swings of the orange hued, human wrecking ball.

Consider, if you can, at a recent rally he once again used Paul Pelosi's skull fracture, an injury inflicted by a man charged with attempted murder, as a punchline.

He also used the platform at a rally to say the former chairman of the Joint Chiefs should be executed for disloyalty to him. Rather than being booed off the stage his adoring followers laughed.

Contemplate that before moving on.

Or maybe it's just too much.

Can't manage it? I understand.

His older sister recently passed away. I was reminded she resigned her lifetime position on the federal bench just days after it was announced her role in the Trump family tax fraud scheme, reported by the NYT, was being investigated by a panel reviewing judicial conduct. An otherwise major scandal lost in the deluge of scandals.

Contemplate that before moving on. Or maybe it's just too much.

We recently learned plans are being made for a second term. They include turning the Justice Dept. in to a personal vendetta machine worthy of banana republics. Also, authorizing the military to crush any protests that may ensue from arrests of political enemies. Storylines associated with dictatorships. Having a hard time processing them coming from the US about the presumptive POT nominee for the presidency? I don't blame you. This can't be happening here, right? WRONG.

Take a moment. Or maybe it's just too much.

Experiencing disbelief? I have an idea about why.

Being social animals, we sometimes take our behavioral cues from those around us. Today is Thursday. Folks are getting their kids ready for school, eating breakfast, walking the dog. Things feel normal. Leaders of the POT, both official and titular, conservative pundits, the editorial pages of right wing newspapers, our neighbors, are not denouncing him......and the fawning sycophants who surround him......in the strongest possible ways. Not on their side of the aisle at least. The suggestion of having soldiers in our midst, putting down and or arresting protestors reacting to dictatorial practices, making jokes about an attack on an 82 year old man, proposing the execution of a decorated general, are met by the aforementioned pols and neighbors with a collective shrug. How can this be? How can they not be outraged? Maybe they're too busy watching The Masked Singer. Or maybe they just don't mind.

I love it!
I am voting for Trump!

trump-dance.gif

There is another element to this that I don't see discussed: My guess is that this really isn't Trump. I think it's more likely people close to him, like Stephen Miller and Steve Bannon, the true 30's throwbacks. They know he is sick, but they know how much power he has accrued.

I think they're just taking advantage of his mental illness, and playing to his brittle ego. If this is the way for him to soothe his ego, then he's willing to do it, and they're guiding him step by step. He doesn't have the intelligence to do this. He clearly doesn't write those speeches. He's just a sick, needy puppet.

Just a hunch.
Reagan was a puppet for those around him who found a vehicle by which they could usher in a conservative agenda. I don't think the same is true for Trump. He pulls whatever strings are necessary to keep the base enthralled. If that means throwing the Bannon's and Miller's of the world to the wolves so be it. Trump's political survival/viability is all that matters to him.

Reagan was a puppet for those around him who found a vehicle by which they could usher in a conservative agenda. I don't think the same is true for Trump. He pulls whatever strings are necessary to keep the base enthralled. If that means throwing the Bannon's and Miller's of the world to the wolves so be it. Trump's political survival/viability is all that matters to him.
Agreed. For Trump, this is just about Trump, as always. For Bannon and Miller, it's about something else entirely.

If he did who cares? Progs drew first blood a long time ago. Republicans are minor league. Did you pay attention to the venom spewed on Trump and his voters since before 2016? I know, Progs were not on the receiving end of the 95% media/entertainment/prog politicians/elites vicious jokes, skits, threats, personal destruction, lawsuits, and more as you control near everything. It is time for you to enjoy it if it ever occurs. Frankly, you are fighting each other now as the cracks in your party are there to but the real cult keeps voting for it, and it will end for some groups their own demise.
You answer to this is support a man who denies elections and intimates execution of the top military leader of his own country.

This makes sense to you?

We live in a constant state of astonishment. Like a person suffering from sensory overload, at some point our senses essentially shut down, no longer able to react. Such is the case with respect to the news cycle reporting the relentless swings of the orange hued, human wrecking ball.

Consider, if you can, at a recent rally he once again used Paul Pelosi's skull fracture, an injury inflicted by a man charged with attempted murder, as a punchline.

He also used the platform at a rally to say the former chairman of the Joint Chiefs should be executed for disloyalty to him. Rather than being booed off the stage his adoring followers laughed.

His older sister recently passed away. I was reminded she resigned her lifetime position on the federal bench just days after it was announced her role in the Trump family tax fraud scheme, reported by the NYT, was being investigated by a panel reviewing judicial conduct. An otherwise major scandal lost in the deluge of scandals.

We recently learned plans are being made for a second term. They include turning the Justice Dept. in to a personal vendetta machine worthy of banana republics. Also, authorizing the military to crush any protests that may ensue from arrests of political enemies. Storylines associated with dictatorships. Having a hard time processing them coming from the US about the presumptive POT nominee for the presidency? I don't blame you. This can't be happening here, right? WRONG.

Being social animals, we sometimes take our behavioral cues from those around us. Today is Thursday. Folks are getting their kids ready for school, eating breakfast, walking the dog. Things feel normal. Leaders of the POT, both official and titular, conservative pundits, the editorial pages of right wing newspapers, our neighbors, are not denouncing him......and the fawning sycophants who surround him......in the strongest possible ways. Not on their side of the aisle at least. The suggestion of having soldiers in our midst, putting down and or arresting protestors reacting to dictatorial practices, making jokes about an attack on an 82 year old man, proposing the execution of a decorated general, are met by the aforementioned pols and neighbors with a collective shrug. How can this be? How can they not be outraged? Maybe they're too busy watching The Masked Singer. Or maybe they just don't mind.

:blahblah:

One of the best moments of my life and I hope it happens again:

Forum List

Back