you can't make this stuff up. wtf?

bristol palin has been hired to be the poster child for teen abstinence for $262K

really? really.

"Teen mom Bristol Palin, now 20, scored $262,000 in 2009 as Candie’s Foundation ambassador promoting abstinence.

Let me get this straight: Candie’s paid a teen mom a quarter-million dollars to tell other teens not to become teen moms?

According to the Candie’s Web site, Palin’s job — which she still has — is “helping other teens understand the incredible challenges teen parents face, and encouraging them to wait until they are socially and financially independent to start their families.”

What incredible challenges? Like walking the red carpet and mastering the paso doble on “Dancing with the Stars”?"

Teen mom Bristol Palin’s hefty check gives birth to outrage - BostonHerald.com

cut the shit
If anything, she makes being a teen mom look like a good way to make money.

There's a word for that.

Shouldnt someone that HAS practiced abstinence be the spokesperson for such a thing?
I do admit I cant stand anything Palin, so my opinion is biased and unfair...yes, I do admit that. But still....it seems awfully strange to me they would choose her. A more stable role model would have been better. JMHO.

I'd use both ... someone who did practice abstinence and someone who didn't.

Who better than a young woman who's 'been there, done that and got the t-shirt'? If her last name wasn't Palin, this wouldn't be an issue.

As much as I couldn't really care less what some publicist is prepared to lavish upon yet another in a string of increasingly asinine 'faces' to promote a vehicle that's only been commissioned to generate sympathy and subsequent advertising revenue, Bristol Palin's comfortable circumstances hardly fit the context of the message she's supposed to be delivering, now, does it?

I mean, unlike the part of society this campaign is supposedly meant to focus on, she's hardly scratching together a living and eating a bowl of rope soup under a bridge every night.

Who better than a young woman who's 'been there, done that and got the t-shirt'? If her last name wasn't Palin, this wouldn't be an issue.

But her name is Palin, and that is the issue. I wonder (if you were honest) how you might react if a twenty year old black gangster known as a shooter was offered a similar gig by ACORN?
Oh, btw, did anyone notice who the Gov. of Wisconsin hired? And, more importantly the CV's of two he passed over for the son of a contributor whose CV includes dropping out of college and two DUI's?

Link: http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=550080

Last edited:

But her name is Palin, and that is the issue. I wonder (if you were honest) how you might react if a twenty year old black gangster known as a shooter was offered a similar gig by ACORN?
Oh, btw, did anyone notice who the Gov. of Wisconsin hired? And, more importantly the CV's of two he passed over for the son of a contributor whose CV includes dropping out of college and two DUI's?

Link: Wisconsin Governor Gives $81,500 A Year Job To Campaign Contributor's Son - Catholic Answers Forums
Ya just gotta wonder sometimes what is going on in his head........

Then you decide watching a horror movie is a better option for your serenity.

Bristol's story of being in love with an immature lying sack of shit who was going to marry her is a universal cautionary fairy tale. It cuts across race, religion, politics, and even age.

Link: Wisconsin Governor Gives $81,500 A Year Job To Campaign Contributor's Son - Catholic Answers Forums

I would have absolutely no problem with any kid trying to set an alternative example, based on their person experience. I don't really understand why this is now a 'race' issue.... with the use of a 'twenty year old black gangster'.... Shame that you're so desperate to make this something more than it is.

I would have absolutely no problem with any kid trying to set an alternative example, based on their person experience. I don't really understand why this is now a 'race' issue.... with the use of a 'twenty year old black gangster'.... Shame that you're so desperate to make this something more than it is.

You missed the "if you were honest" part. Frankly, your many posts suggest you've adopted moral relativism into your conservative ideology. I also pointed out another example, that of the New Right's darling Gov. Walker. Of course that behavior skipped past your radar.

Non-Profit Pays Bristol Palin $262,500, Donates Only $35,000 to Charity - E.D. Kain - American Times - Forbes

Bristol Palin has made her first few hundred thousand working to prevent teenage pregnancy. Unfortunately for teen moms, however, Ms. Palin decided to keep most of her non-profit’s funds for herself:

In 2009, Sarah Palin’s daughter Bristol joined a teen pregnancy prevention nonprofit called the Candie’s Foundation. Today, the Associated Press reported that the Candie’s Foundation released its 2009 tax information, revealing that Bristol was paid a salary of $262,500.

But a closer examination of the tax form by ThinkProgress shows that the group disbursed only $35,000 in grants to actual teen pregnancy health and counseling clinics: $25,000 to the Mt. Sinai Adolescent Health Center and $10,000 to the National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy.

I knew there was a lot of money to be made in the non-profit industry, but I didn’t know anyone would so blatantly abuse their position at a supposed charity. For every dollar Bristol gave to the cause, she gave $7.50 to herself.

Her charity, the Candie’s Foundation, also spent $165,000 on advertising. That’s another $4.71 for every dollar given to charity.

Only a Palin could make so much money over getting banged up
threads merged-del

Last edited:
RW, if you were a celebrity, you know damn well that you'd milk it for all it's worth. You'd milk the money udder dry until even your tits were sore!!!

Considering the taxes on that amount of money, the amount giving to charity is a pretty good percentage.

Personally, I think if a single mother can store some money away for a rainy day, more power to her. She has enough problems due to her choices, why complicate them more?

13% of the gross income is quite a chunk of pay to give to charity.

But hey....Another day, another Palin thread. :rolleyes:

It would be if it were coming out of Bristol Palins tax return

But it is coming from the Candies Foundation tax return that shows where contributors money is going,

$262,000 to Bristol.......$35,000 to actually support abstinence

America......What a country!

Especially if you are a Palin

13% of the gross income is quite a chunk of pay to give to charity.

But hey....Another day, another Palin thread. :rolleyes:

It would be if it were coming out of Bristol Palins tax return

But it is coming from the Candies Foundation tax return that shows where contributors money is going,

$262,000 to Bristol.......$35,000 to actually support abstinence

America......What a country!

Especially if you are a Palin
How is the term "salary" eluding your comprehension?

What portion of that pay is she "contributing" to the parasites in the District of Criminals?

Forum List

Back