you can't make this stuff up. wtf?

del

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2008
on a one way cul-de-sac
bristol palin has been hired to be the poster child for teen abstinence for $262K

really? really.

"Teen mom Bristol Palin, now 20, scored $262,000 in 2009 as Candie’s Foundation ambassador promoting abstinence.

Let me get this straight: Candie’s paid a teen mom a quarter-million dollars to tell other teens not to become teen moms?

According to the Candie’s Web site, Palin’s job — which she still has — is “helping other teens understand the incredible challenges teen parents face, and encouraging them to wait until they are socially and financially independent to start their families.”

What incredible challenges? Like walking the red carpet and mastering the paso doble on “Dancing with the Stars”?"

Teen mom Bristol Palin’s hefty check gives birth to outrage - BostonHerald.com

cut the shit

In the minds of the marketers it's all about celebrity.
How that celebrity status is achieved doesn't matter.

Who better than a young woman who's 'been there, done that and got the t-shirt'? If her last name wasn't Palin, this wouldn't be an issue.

That's right, the last name of Hilton would be just as good.

• Banned
Who better than a young woman who's 'been there, done that and got the t-shirt'? If her last name wasn't Palin, this wouldn't be an issue.

maybe someone with ties to reality rather than ties to reality tv.

if her last name wasn't palin, they wouldn't be paying her $262 let alone $262K.

does the jerking hurt your knees?

Shouldnt someone that HAS practiced abstinence be the spokesperson for such a thing?
I do admit I cant stand anything Palin, so my opinion is biased and unfair...yes, I do admit that. But still....it seems awfully strange to me they would choose her. A more stable role model would have been better. JMHO.

Shouldnt someone that HAS practiced abstinence be the spokesperson for such a thing?
I do admit I cant stand anything Palin, so my opinion is biased and unfair...yes, I do admit that. But still....it seems awfully strange to me they would choose her. A more stable role model would have been better. JMHO.

She's famous, that's all that matters.

Yeah. Just like Madonna was and all young girls were loopy over her and I was thankful I didnt have daughters cuz that woman was most assuredly NOT a role model Id want them to adore.

Actually, I'd prefer a spokeperson have some first hand experience of what they are talking about. What better person to talk about why other kids shouldn't do what she did? I don't really care what her last name is, only the impact she can have on other kids.

Actually, I'd prefer a spokeperson have some first hand experience of what they are talking about. What better person to talk about why other kids shouldn't do what she did? I don't really care what her last name is, only the impact she can have on other kids.

Well..you have a point there, Ill give you that. But I still cant stand any palin. I know. My halo just slipped. :lol:

Snookie and the Situation get $10,000 for walking into a bar. Nuff said?

and that makes it right? really?

No, but I would venture to guess that Palin at least worked.

It's not an abstinence only campaign. And yes, I think a teen mom is a better spokesperson, just like a former addict can bring better perspective to drug prevention programs.

The overarching message of our campaigns is ”Pause Before You Play”: pause to think about your future; pause to think about consequences; pause to evaluate your relationship; pause to delay sex; pause to get a condom; pause to ask “why now?”

Specific messages of our campaigns have included:

• I Never Thought I Would Be a Statistic
• Not Really the Way You Pictured Your First Crib
• Not What You Had in Mind for Your First Set of Wheels
• You Think Being in School Sucks?
• And you thought your parents were controlling?
• Be Sexy: It Doesn’t Mean You Have to Have Sex
• Be Smart: Don’t Give Up Your Education
• Be Smart: You Are Too Young to Start

the candie's foundation

It's an excellent message.

Well..you have a point there, Ill give you that. But I still cant stand any palin. I know. My halo just slipped. :lol:

How sad that you cannot differentiate between mother and child. I have no problem with Bristol taking advantage of the opportunities opened to her by her last name. I have no issue with her trying to do some good from using her past mistakes to show other kids that it's not a smart move. None.

Since I haven't paid much attention to any Palin, I don't really care one way or the other but kids are more likely to listen to a 'reality tv star' than their parents, teachers, or politicians. Fact.

I admitted I was biased. I wont lie and say Im not. Dont know if its sad though. Isnt to me.

I admitted I was biased. I wont lie and say Im not. Dont know if its sad though. Isnt to me.

It's sad that you see a name over a person. I can't say I'm overly impressed with Bristol Palin, but to dislike her based on her mother's political opinions is sad. Bristol has her own mind (or lack thereof if she takes after her mother), but is entitled to be judged as her own person.

Personally, I have little time of any 'celeb' of any calibre. Just because you are a good actor, singer, or whatever does not make you a smart person who I should pay attention to but sadly, young people are impressed by 'fame'... and it does not appear to matter how that 'fame' was achieved. But famous, she is. And fame counts. I would prefer she use that 'fame' for good and encouraging kids not to have kids is a good thing.

Well said CG. I am hardly a fan of our national obsession with celebrities but I'd rather see someone paid 300K to do good, than to see the members of the "Bad Girlls Club" get paid to beat the shit out of each other in the underwear. Or Kardashian sisters give each other bikini waxes. Maybe its just me...

Forum List

Back