You Can't Fix 'Stupid'...And There's A Lot Of It Out There: 'Frat 'Hazes' Dog'

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
New York fraternity members allegedly forced dog to drink beer. Now they're in trouble

"A New York university has suspended a fraternity after a video shared on social media showed members forcing a dog to drink from a beer keg at an off-campus party.

The video, with more than 100,000 views as of Monday, shows one man holding a squirming spaniel upside-down while another sprays liquid from the keg into the dog's mouth.

People watching in the background at the Alpha Epsilon Pi event can be heard shouting "Let's go!"

Hofstra University officials called the behavior unacceptable in a statement,
Newsday reported, and launched an investigation.

The fraternity also put the chapter on "cease and desist" for likely violating health and safety policies, spokesperson Jon Pierce told Newsday. "

:wtf:

Stuff like this is why I did not waste my time joining a Fraternity back in college.

2 great stories of the intelligence of Frats at my college (I am sure you have your own - let's hear them):

1. During Rush Week the Frats were handing out free beer and talking to interested students. (My buddy and I sat on a wall that ran behind the Frat Houses drinking two of those free beer while watching the circus.) Each House had their own paved patio area where they were handing out beer from kegs. A short 2-foot brick wall ran in between each Frat house as a divider.

In particular, the backs of there were 2 Frats right in front of us - the Black Fraternity (Omegas) and some rich preppy white-boy-looking Frat. Some of the he preppy Frat boys were pretty drunk and dunking on a beat-up short goal they had up in their back area. At one point one of the Frat members dunked hard and tore the rim down. That's when the beer began talking and told them it was a good idea to hop the dividing fence, in vade the Omega's compound, and begin dunking on THIER basketball goal.

That lasted about 3 minutes....when the rather large Omega Frat Brothers confronted the drunk, loud, preppy white Frat boys, kicked their asses, and dumped them back across the wall into their own compound.

:p Bwuhahaha....Good times.

2. One year a Frat who had trashed their House during a party demanded the Dean of the College have the House renovated. Of course the Dean said no and told them to fix their own Frat House up, that it wasn't that bad, they had done it - they ay for it. In response to the Dean's answer that next weekend the Frat House threw another party....and completely destroyed the place. They splashed pain on the carpet and walls, put holes in tha walls, broke windows, etc... Afterwards they again demanded the college repair and renovate the Frat House, pointing out this time it was much worse.

This time the Dean's answer was completely different: 'OF COURSE the college will do it now.'. He had the Frat members move out to be out of the way of construction, brought in a team of contractors, and they made the Frat House like new. On the day the work was finished, the Frat gathered outside of the newly renovated House, and the contractors presented the Dean with the new Key to the House....at which point the Dean locked up the building and broke the news to the Frat they were not only getting to move back THAT Frat House - he was booting them off campus.

:clap:

'Hazing a dog' by engaging in cruelty to animals in today's age of social media where everything winds up posted on-line?!

Way to go, dumbasses!

I'm considering dedicating myself to pushing for tougher legislation against animal abuse.
I think exponentially tougher laws and penalties for abusing animals will go a LONG way towards making society exponentially better.
Anyone who can abuse an animal, can do the same to another person.

There is plenty of opportunity to join many organizations doing just that. Although there are already laws against abusing animals. I personaly don't think we need to do anything more than enforce the laws we have.

There is plenty of opportunity to join many organizations doing just that. Although there are already laws against abusing animals. I personaly don't think we need to do anything more than enforce the laws we have.

Totally disagree. The current laws have no bite.

I'm seeing FAR too many stories of people doing horrible things to animals.
The Fucking moron arrested yesterday for killing cats will murder someones child next week.

They are sick. They NEED to be dealt with. it is not a national priority but it should be.
Most of the people who went on to commit mass murders were known animal abusers FIRST.

Totally disagree. I'm seeing FAR too many stories of people doing horrible things to animals.
The Fucking moron arrested yesterday for killing cats will murder someones child next week.

They are sick. They NEED to be dealt with. it is not a national priority but it should be.

if they were arrested, it must already be against the law. why makke more laws?

I am totally against cruelty to animals as well, but I personally agree with oz. 1st let's start off by making a bigger effort to enforce the laws we have. If you do not think they are strict enough then by all means work to have the existing laws amended and made tougher.

You both don't realize the reality that the problem is, there are few laws and even fewer penalties.

You also must not really realize the clear connection between animal abuse and serious violent crime.

You both don't realize the reality that the problem is, there are few laws and even fewer penalties.

You also must not really realize the clear connection between animal abuse and serious violent crime.

I am a a dog trainer, search and rescue, tracking, and guard duty. As such I have bbeen retained by the county sherrif to assist in dealing with 3 cases of animal hoarding that would make you cringe. I also get called out to deal with abused dogs that are aggresive.
I know a bit about animal abuse, and about the laws that deal with it.

I am a a dog trainer, search and rescue, tracking, and guard duty. As such I have bbeen retained by the county sherrif to assist in dealing with 3 cases of animal hoarding that would make you cringe. I also get called out to deal with abused dogs that are aggresive.
I know a bit about animal abuse, and about the laws that deal with it.

I won't divulge my credentials, but I have just as many or more.
Let me say I've been to fight houses where hundreds of animals were kept locked in horrible conditions in tiny cages in dark warehouses RIGHT UNDER everyone's noses.

I'll repeat for those who don't understand.....

MORE needs to be done.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but does anything alcoholic actually do anything to a dog? I ask because I have heard it said that anything chocolate is what will kill them.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back