You Can Say Anything You Want ... As Long As It's What They Want

Spare_change

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2011
A Washington, D.C., radio station has pulled a pro-life ad off the air, after people took offense to the way it highlighted Planned Parenthood’s dealings in the body parts of aborted fetuses.

“It’s a fact,” the ad begins. “Planned Parenthood is America’s largest abortion business. Nearly a million abortions in the last three years. Its executives were caught on tape bragging about selling baby body parts. Under federal investigation, Planned Parenthood spent $30 million last election on political activism — not women’s health care.”

WTOP initially agreed to run the ad, which was paid for by the pro-life group Susan B. Anthony List (SBA), and placed it on the air for about two-thirds of its paid run-time. The radio station changed its tune, however, after getting negative feedback from listeners, and asked the Susan B. Anthony List to provide a less inflammatory edited version for the remainder of the ad’s run time. The group refused, and the ad was pulled.

The ad ends with a call on Congress to defund Planned Parenthood and redirect those funds to community health centers that do not provide abortions. But at issue in the dispute between WTOP and the pro-life group was the use of the term “bragging” in the description of the fetal harvesting scandal. The Susan B. Anthony List refused to change “bragging” to “discussing.”

“People are complaining like crazy over the SBA ads,” a WTOP representative said in an email reported by The Washington Free Beacon. “Can you get them to forward you the backup (article etc.) for the discussing sale of aborted fetus parts ascertain.” And in a later email, the representative reportedly asked whether it’s “possible to get new copy that reads ‘discussing’ rather than ‘bragging.'”

The ad was another hateful pack of lies. I'm surprised they got anybody to air it in the first place.

The ad was another hateful pack of lies. I'm surprised they got anybody to air it in the first place.
Lies?

Just exactly what lies would that be?

That same crap about selling body parts. If it wasn't for lies the right would have nothing,

Are you denying that PP received money for body parts?

That subject has been covered. Your claims are bullshit.

Lies?

That same crap about selling body parts. If it wasn't for lies the right would have nothing,

They received legally and ethically allowed reimbursement for processing tissue. Your characterization of selling body parts has been shown to be a lie. The video that portrayed it in that light has been shown to be another scam by a serial liar.

Public complaint led a private enterprise to change what is was doing. Sounds like the market place regulating itself.

Public complaint led a private enterprise to change what is was doing. Sounds like the market place regulating itself.

Complaints about non-existent actions. More Right Wing lies.

Disgusting lies. You have no moral compass. I'm sorry, but that's garbage. Just kill the little fuckers - nobody wants them, anyway.

Your brain is fried. You still want to pretend all those disgusting accusations were true, even after they were shown to be nothing more than more manufactured crap.

Lies?

They received legally and ethically allowed reimbursement for processing tissue. Your characterization of selling body parts has been shown to be a lie. The video that portrayed it in that light has been shown to be another scam by a serial liar.
In other words, they received payment.

Disgusting lies. You have no moral compass. I'm sorry, but that's garbage. Just kill the little fuckers - nobody wants them, anyway.

Your brain is fried. You still want to pretend all those disgusting accusations were true, even after they were shown to be nothing more than more manufactured crap.

Actually, that's not even remotely true.

The method of collection of the information was shown to be illegal.

That, however, does not invalidate the information collected. You can whine all you want ... but they were taped negotiating a "reasonable price" for organs.

Lies?

So why di
Lies?

upload_2017-1-16_16-27-48.jpeg

That, however, does not invalidate the information collected. You can whine all you want ... but they were taped negotiating a "reasonable price" for organs.

A "reasonable price" for processing tissue. dumb ass.

Name calling? Well, I'm certainly impressed.

"a reasonable price for processing tissue"? So, they DID get money for body parts, right? Supposedly, this is to reimburse for the cost of "harvesting", right? So - if that's so - why would there be a negotiation? I mean - after all, it cost what it cost to "harvest" (what a cute way of saying "sucked the brains out" of babies) - that's a concrete number, right? So, how can you "negotiate" a reasonable price? What if you got 10 cents too much? That's a profit, right?

"a reasonable price for processing tissue"? So, they DID get money for body parts, right? Supposedly, this is to reimburse for the cost of "harvesting", right? So - if that's so - why would there be a negotiation? I mean - after all, it cost what it cost to "harvest" (what a cute way of saying "sucked the brains out" of babies) - that's a concrete number, right? So, how can you "negotiate" a reasonable price? What if you got 10 cents too much? That's a profit, right?

The issue was settled quite a while back. You're wrong.

Lies?

If it's just a lump or rejected tissue, why be so butthurt about it being called selling body parts?

Your explanation of it is like calling a gas station attendant a vehicular fuel administrator. It's the same thing, but you have to spin it for some reason.

The issue was settled quite a while back. You're wrong.

It wasn't settled. it was swept under the rug because you know the concept repulses people, even people who are willing to let abortion be legal.

Forum List

Back