~You Be The Judge~

Dabs

~Unpredictable~
May 13, 2011
~Tennessee~
Have you ever been asked to be the judge in any kind of contest??
A beauty contest??...a cooking contest??.......wet t-shirt contest?? *haha*
Anything, you can ever think of, when you participated in an activity where you were a judge!?

Have you ever been asked to be the judge in any kind of contest??
A beauty contest??...a cooking contest??.......wet t-shirt contest?? *haha*
Anything, you can ever think of, when you participated in an activity where you were a judge!?

Happened all the time. Invariably, I chose the winner based on how cute she was.

God asked me to keep score cards during the Last Judgment but I had a chili cook off that day.

I am burdened with the responsibility to be my own judge of what is right and what is not; of what is good and what is ill; and of whether I should follow my baser instincts, drives, and lusts or pursue a better image of myself and transcend my lower nature, overcome myself, and seek my own death- the death of my old self- so that a better version of myself can be born into existence.

It is a duty and a burden placed upon all of us, yet neglected by most.

I was judge at many cross dresser competitions. Gay bar in Ventura, every weekend, gay guys would dress in their best female impersonator outfits and do mini skits. The two that won the most were partners..one tall and thin, the other short and stocky. They appeared as Sonny and Cher, sang, danced. It was great. Another time the tall skinny one was Barbara Streisand. He did her perfectly. And when he did Lucy Ricardo doing the Vitameatavegimen...the crowd went wild.

That was so much fun. Me and the ex were the only straight couple there, but we were made to feel part of the family. I miss those days.

When I was a senior in HS, I competed for a slot in Kentucky All-State Choir, singing The Blind Ploughman a capella. The judges gave me a perfect score.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EEuhJBUoeI]YouTube - ‪Nelson Eddy - The blind ploughman‬‏[/ame]

I've entered numerous on-line Photoshop contests.

I don't recall any time I've acted as a judge.

I was once a volunteer debate coach and then judge for the highschool debate teams. That is a blast if you really love formal debate, most especially by the kids.

And I've been a judge for syncronized swimming once when the regular judge failed to show up for an event. Fortunately the teams weren't even close so I didn't have to judge on close technical merit. (I've never done synchronized swimming.)

And had to nod at Grace's post. At the agency I headed in Kansas, we had a guy's dress up competition (in women's garb) once and I was coerced into being a judge. We had a huge dance department and a lot of the guys who participated in that were gay and they wanted to be part of the dress up competition. They were amazing!!! Fun group. I too miss those days.

Forum List

Back