You are lying to yourself....

Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by Sirkarl101, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Sirkarl101

Sirkarl101 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I am tired of people yelling at me that I am prejudice. ANYONE who say they are not prejudice are only being truthful if they are a sociopath. Prejudice exists within all of us. Our environment imprints on our personalities a perpetual reaction to certain stimuli. For instance. I grew up in an all white community in an environment where people of color were not allowed to reside, work, or even visit. The neighborhood tried to have the mailman removed from his route because he was of color. This started my bias of white versus people of color. I believe myself to be a good person and had the occasion to befriend several guys of ethnic background and my prejudice did not exist as it did not exist in the other guys. I was reminded abruptly on an occasion when I confronted my associates with their piers I was humiliated by their unfounded hostility they felt was necessary I assume to preserve their security among their similar race.

I never got over that feeling and it made me bitter. I went to college and my association with a psychology professor was secure enough for me to present this confusing matter. He laughed and first stated that I needed to pay more attention in his courses, but simply stated. " Everyone is prejudice concerning all matters, it is the degree of that prejudice that is what should concern you most."

When I see people of color complaining about how unfair the world is, it seems to me they fail to recognize their own prejudice contained within such statements. If people wish to be treated equal, cease the continuation of how they are so different.

This may make little sense to all of you, however I just wanted to get it down in writing to help clear this thought that I have been keeping to myself for a long time. This is very different from racism, but I am sure you all are well aware of this.

2. del

del BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,885
    cool story, bro

3. High_Gravity

High_Gravity Belligerent Drunk Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,726
    :bsflag:

4. Sirkarl101

Sirkarl101 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Responses like that are always appreciated. It further demonstrates the ignorance that exists within this country. More B.S from your world.

5. High_Gravity

High_Gravity Belligerent Drunk Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,726
    :eusa_boohoo:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Wiseacre

Wiseacre Retired USAF Chief Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,194

Treat people right, regardless of race, religion, or anything else. Doesn't mean you have to trust anybody, but you don't prejudge either. Do that and don't worry about anybody else's values. Life's too short to be getting caught up in somebody else's problems.

7. yidnar

yidnar Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +931
    black women are as likely to commit murder as white men !!! fbi crime stats !!!

8. Douger

Douger BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +915
    I side with Chris.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3PJF0YE-x4]Chris Rock - Black People VS. Niggaz (Bring the Pain 1996) - YouTube[/ame]

9. L.K.Eder

L.K.Eder unbannable non-troll

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,855
    prejudice - noun/verb
    prejudiced - adjective

10. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,888
    Dat's why Granny prejudiced against dem drug-dealin', gang-bangin', loud stereo-blastin, mariachi-music playin' Hispexicans...
    :eusa_shifty:
    Prejudice comes from a basic human need and way of thinking, new research suggests
    Dec 21, 2011* — Where does prejudice come from? Not from ideology, say the authors of a new paper. Instead, prejudice stems from a deeper psychological need, associated with a particular way of thinking. People who aren't comfortable with ambiguity and want to make quick and firm decisions are also prone to making generalizations about others.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1