You Are a Soul.

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
"You don't have a soul...
You are a soul. You HAVE a body."​

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qx3fGVf_yU]Death Cab For Cutie - "Soul Meets Body" (HQ) - YouTube[/ame]

Just heard that phrase somewhere recently.

In Torah our souls is said to be in our blood, or be our blood.

10. And any man of the House of Israel or of the strangers that sojourn among them, who eats any blood, I will set My attention upon the soul who eats the blood, and I will cut him off from among his people.
11. For the soul of the flesh is in the blood, and I have therefore given it to you [to be placed] upon the altar, to atone for your souls. For it is the blood that atones for the soul.
12. Therefore, I said to the children of Israel: None of you shall eat blood, and the stranger who sojourns among you shall not eat blood.
- Leviticus 17

Hate to disagree, but we can transfuse every drop of our blood without changing anything about a person. If we have a soul it's gotta be in our brains. Can transplant anything else without effecting who someone is.

C.S. Lewis, right?

Wrong! News to me, I always thought it was his.

C.S. Lewis did not say "You don't have a soul. You are a soul; you have a body."

This page is about the phrase "You are a soul; you have a body", and who said it. The phrase in fact comes from the 1960 novel A Canticle for Leibowitz by Walter M. Miller, Jr. (Thanks to Paul Crowley for helping track it down.) The line is as follows:

"You don't have a soul, Doctor. You are a soul. You have a body, temporarily."
(emphasis in original)

Just heard that phrase somewhere recently.

In Torah our souls is said to be in our blood, or be our blood.

10. And any man of the House of Israel or of the strangers that sojourn among them, who eats any blood, I will set My attention upon the soul who eats the blood, and I will cut him off from among his people.
11. For the soul of the flesh is in the blood, and I have therefore given it to you [to be placed] upon the altar, to atone for your souls. For it is the blood that atones for the soul.
12. Therefore, I said to the children of Israel: None of you shall eat blood, and the stranger who sojourns among you shall not eat blood.
- Leviticus 17

Hate to disagree, but we can transfuse every drop of our blood without changing anything about a person. If we have a soul it's gotta be in our brains. Can transplant anything else without effecting who someone is.

:eusa_think: Who IS behind the voice in my head?

The God of a Monkey named Abraham who lived 6,000 years ago, or the God of a Monkey named AVG-JOE, living now and here?
:dunno:

Forum List

Back