You are a racist or a monster; for humans, no other choice

actually your not "more closely related" for example germans are more closely related to afghans than to french people.
Are you talking linguistically?
no genetically
Then, if true, Afghanis are white.

You know..............you might want to consider getting one of those Ancestry DNA tests that tells where you came from. It might be interesting, and it might blow your world view of being "white".

Shoot.....................if I can post the results of your test, I might even buy one for you myself, just to see if you're as "pure" as you think.
My avatar is my actual pic, and my screen name is my actual name. No one in the world would mistake me for Chinese or African. Who cares about purity? Is it possible I have African blood in me? Possible, but extremely unlikely. In any event, it has no bearing on my argument that racism is familyism.

That's not racism. Racism is that thing that taught White Americans that it was okay for some States to own Slaves. The Slaves were savages from the jungle who were by nature inferior to the White Man, and who deserved no better that to be treated as farm animals and/or property. A lot of prejudice still lives on from that time in history but very few still hold to that racist premise.

You left out the bit that people who looked like the Slaves in their countries of origin sold them to White Men.

Here's a clue, bub. Slavery has existed For Millennia. Slavery or Serfdom has been the most common condition of existence for the majority of people who have ever lived. It is only since the advancements developed during the Industrial Revolution were combined with the Individualist Values of Western Civilization that slavery has been abandoned in some of the world. It is still practiced in quite a few places outside of Western Europe, the U.S. and Canada. Perhaps your energy would be better used opposing actual slavery that exists today instead of reliving something that the U.S. found a war in which 700,000 died in order to eliminate.

The war was not fought to eliminate slavery. Lincoln, like most American citizens at the time, was a white supremacist.

“And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.”

“I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races.”

Yes, you foaming moonbats like to spin your revisionist interpretation while neglecting the reality of the Emancipation Proclamation and the adoption of the 13th and 14th Amendments.

That's not racism. Racism is that thing that taught White Americans that it was okay for some States to own Slaves. The Slaves were savages from the jungle who were by nature inferior to the White Man, and who deserved no better that to be treated as farm animals and/or property. A lot of prejudice still lives on from that time in history but very few still hold to that racist premise.
So you are saying that the only slavery that is wrong is the slavery that existed in North America and that slavery everywhere else is just peachy. Great moral code, putz.

No I wasn't saying that at all. I was talking about how systemic racism allowed American citizens to view the slaves as sub-human.
Then what allowed the Chinese to view the people who built the Great Wall as sub-human? Or the Africans who own slaves today to view their slaves as sub-human?

Did the Chinese have a founding document that proclaimed all men were created equal?

This is what happened in the USA, not Rome, China or anywhere else for that matter.

Racism was systemic.

You left out the bit that people who looked like the Slaves in their countries of origin sold them to White Men.

Here's a clue, bub. Slavery has existed For Millennia. Slavery or Serfdom has been the most common condition of existence for the majority of people who have ever lived. It is only since the advancements developed during the Industrial Revolution were combined with the Individualist Values of Western Civilization that slavery has been abandoned in some of the world. It is still practiced in quite a few places outside of Western Europe, the U.S. and Canada. Perhaps your energy would be better used opposing actual slavery that exists today instead of reliving something that the U.S. found a war in which 700,000 died in order to eliminate.

The war was not fought to eliminate slavery. Lincoln, like most American citizens at the time, was a white supremacist.

“And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.”

“I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races.”
Nice try, but very muddled thinking. You must be a college graduate. It should be apparent--even to college graduates--that one could simultaneously oppose slavery, but support Jim Crow laws. Therefore, among many other reasons, that Lincoln found it politically necessary to reassure a wary electorate that, while he opposed slavery, he supported inequality is not an argument the Civil War wasn't a war over slavery.

In fact, those who argue that the Civil War was not over slavery are those who, for some reason, want to strip white people and America of every redeeming quality. They are enemies who want to make us hated even as we become a minority.

Here's a clue, bub. Slavery has existed For Millennia. Slavery or Serfdom has been the most common condition of existence for the majority of people who have ever lived. It is only since the advancements developed during the Industrial Revolution were combined with the Individualist Values of Western Civilization that slavery has been abandoned in some of the world. It is still practiced in quite a few places outside of Western Europe, the U.S. and Canada. Perhaps your energy would be better used opposing actual slavery that exists today instead of reliving something that the U.S. fought a war in which 700,000 died in order to eliminate.

Racism in America didn't die with the Civil war and the freeing of the slaves.

A race is nothing more than a very large, very extended, somewhat inbred family. As a white man, I am more closely related to all other whites than I am to any other yellows or blacks. I share with all other whites more ancestors in common, and more recently, in exactly the same way I am more closely related to my brother and sister than I am to any other human on the planet.

Race is family. That’s it. That’s all race means. So, if the charge of racism lands on you, the charge, whatever else it may mean, is a charge of familyism.

Try the following thought experiment (written for a white male, substitute for your own race/gender):

man_beating_woman.gif
Suppose you walk around a corner and discover a man beating a woman. Quick, what’s your first instinct? To come to the aid of the woman, right?

Now, suppose you walk around a corner and discover a Chinese man beating a white woman and another Chinese man beating a black woman. What’s your first instinct? Uh-huh, that threw you didn’t it, white boy? In reality, if you are white, your first instinct would be to help the white woman, but that would be racist, so…and your brain scrambles for the proper response.

Now, suppose you come around the corner and discover two white men beating two white women, and one of them is your mother. Quick, what’s your first instinct? To help your mother, everyone responds instantly and without a second thought.

Shame! You should be weeping on national television for your gut-wrenching display of open familyism.

In truth, no one thinks anything at all of you coming to the aid of your mother, first. No one would accuse you of hating or oppressing non-mothers, nor would anyone accuse your mother of unfairly benefiting from mother privilege. In fact, if you chose to help the other woman first you would be thought a kind of monster.

And monstrous, we are.
Buuuuullllshiiiiiiit....
I would help that woman that I can reach first, if I can. The idiots who made your example are true racists as they think people would help others based on their color.

Here's a clue, bub. Slavery has existed For Millennia. Slavery or Serfdom has been the most common condition of existence for the majority of people who have ever lived. It is only since the advancements developed during the Industrial Revolution were combined with the Individualist Values of Western Civilization that slavery has been abandoned in some of the world. It is still practiced in quite a few places outside of Western Europe, the U.S. and Canada. Perhaps your energy would be better used opposing actual slavery that exists today instead of reliving something that the U.S. fought a war in which 700,000 died in order to eliminate.

What a sadly transparent attempt at deflection. Racism is not Slavery. And it cuts both ways. I see you and your Moonbat (Species-ism!) cohort post vile things about White People.

So get a grip. People of all ethnicities and persuasions have their biases. It's human nature. You and your ideological comrades hyped up the Identity Politics which has reversed decades of progress towards more racial harmony.

Thanks for the DEVOLUTION!

So you are saying that the only slavery that is wrong is the slavery that existed in North America and that slavery everywhere else is just peachy. Great moral code, putz.

No I wasn't saying that at all. I was talking about how systemic racism allowed American citizens to view the slaves as sub-human.
Then what allowed the Chinese to view the people who built the Great Wall as sub-human? Or the Africans who own slaves today to view their slaves as sub-human?

Did the Chinese have a founding document that proclaimed all men were created equal?

This is what happened in the USA, not Rome, China or anywhere else for that matter.

Racism was systemic.
Because whites were the first to proclaim an innate human equality, the fact that it wasn't extended to women, indentured servants, and non- whites immediately (and still isn't to children) makes us not only guilty of this things called racism, but the only one capable of ever being guilty? Crazy.

And by extension, of course, because blacks and yellows did not originate the concept of an innate human right of equality, they are therefore incapable of inequality.

Frankly, your argument is contorted into such absurdity you aren't just a college graduate. You must have an advanced degree.

A race is nothing more than a very large, very extended, somewhat inbred family. As a white man, I am more closely related to all other whites than I am to any other yellows or blacks. I share with all other whites more ancestors in common, and more recently, in exactly the same way I am more closely related to my brother and sister than I am to any other human on the planet.

Race is family. That’s it. That’s all race means. So, if the charge of racism lands on you, the charge, whatever else it may mean, is a charge of familyism.

Try the following thought experiment (written for a white male, substitute for your own race/gender):

man_beating_woman.gif
Suppose you walk around a corner and discover a man beating a woman. Quick, what’s your first instinct? To come to the aid of the woman, right?

Now, suppose you walk around a corner and discover a Chinese man beating a white woman and another Chinese man beating a black woman. What’s your first instinct? Uh-huh, that threw you didn’t it, white boy? In reality, if you are white, your first instinct would be to help the white woman, but that would be racist, so…and your brain scrambles for the proper response.

Now, suppose you come around the corner and discover two white men beating two white women, and one of them is your mother. Quick, what’s your first instinct? To help your mother, everyone responds instantly and without a second thought.

Shame! You should be weeping on national television for your gut-wrenching display of open familyism.

In truth, no one thinks anything at all of you coming to the aid of your mother, first. No one would accuse you of hating or oppressing non-mothers, nor would anyone accuse your mother of unfairly benefiting from mother privilege. In fact, if you chose to help the other woman first you would be thought a kind of monster.

And monstrous, we are.
Buuuuullllshiiiiiiit....
I would help that woman that I can reach first, if I can. The idiots who made your example are true racists as they think people would help others based on their color.
[sigh] I would have thought this wouldn't be necessary, but, ok, "Let's posit the two women are equidistant and everything else is exactly equal except one is your mother".

Especially if we don't get along between us.

Nice try, but very muddled thinking. You must be a college graduate. It should be apparent--even to college graduates--that one could simultaneously oppose slavery, but support Jim Crow laws. Therefore, among many other reasons, that Lincoln found it politically necessary to reassure a wary electorate that, while he opposed slavery, he supported inequality is not an argument the Civil War wasn't a war over slavery.

In fact, those who argue that the Civil War was not over slavery are those who, for some reason, want to strip white people and America of every redeeming quality. They are enemies who want to make us hated even as we become a minority.

The South seceded to keep it's peculiar institution. The Union fought to keep the Union whole and would have left that institution alone to preserve it.

That Lincoln did that only proves that racism was systemic throughout the nation.

Doesn't take a degree to figure that out.

The South seceded to keep it's peculiar institution. The Union fought to keep the Union whole and would have left that institution alone to preserve it.

That Lincoln did that only proves that racism was systemic throughout the nation.

It only takes a Progressive Lunatic certificate....

Sorry, but you are simply wrong. Read the Lincoln-Douglass debates. The election of 1860 was over slavery and nothing but slavery. The Kansas-Nebraska Act was not over who got to raise corn and who got to raise wheat, it was over whether slavery would be allowed in those states. Even before the election, the Democrats said the South would secede if Lincoln won.

Racism was systemic.
Because whites were the first to proclaim an innate human equality, the fact that it wasn't extended to women, indentured servants, and non- whites immediately (and still isn't to children) makes us not only guilty of this things called racism, but the only one capable of ever being guilty? Crazy.

And by extension, of course, because blacks and yellows did not originate the concept of an innate human right of equality, they are therefore incapable of inequality.

Frankly, your argument is contorted into such absurdity you aren't just a college graduate. You must have an advanced degree.
You are wrong the first homo sapien.considered human Had black skin.

Les européens étaient noirs il y a 8 000 ans - Hominidés

Lincoln the first Républican Président ....unforgettable

Lincoln_Memorial-0.jpg

"Racism" didn't even start with the Civil War. No one ever even heard of "racism" in America until after WWII. Before that, if someone said, hey, you preferred that guy to that guy, Americans, like the rest of the world, would say, well, of course, that's my brother. We're more closely related. Of COURSE!

Racism was systemic.

You are wrong the first homo sapien.considered human Had black skin.

Les européens étaient noirs il y a 8 000 ans - Hominidés
So?

Then what allowed the Chinese to view the people who built the Great Wall as sub-human?

Huh?

actually your not "more closely related" for example germans are more closely related to afghans than to french people.
Are you talking linguistically?
no genetically
Then, if true, Afghanis are white.
or "race " is a made up social construct with no basis in genetics or science of anykind

If there were no such thing as race, it would mean there is no such thing as racism, of course, though I doubt you are ready to go there. In truth, no one believes the nonsense about race being a social construct either, but nice white people know that, if you want a pat on the head from the New York Times, that's what you are supposed to pretend to believe.

Forum List

Back