You Are A Bigot If You Think The NYC Mosque is Inappropriate.

mr-fitnah-albums-avy-picture1898-mehrab.jpg

Understanding Muhammad - Google Books

Khomeini is to Islam what Pat Robertson is to Christianity.

Your ignorance is overwhelming.

The title of ayatollah, which means sign of God, is given to Shi'a clerics who have amassed many followers and become experts in religious, ethical, philosophical, and jurisprudence matters. It is the highest rank of Shi'a theologians. Ayatollahs do not exist in the Sunni Islamic sect; Sunni Islam does not have such a formal religious hierarchy as the Shi'a but they too have religious titles such as Mufti.

In order to become an ayatollah, a Shi'a cleric must study the Qur'an and Islam for many years. The title is not bestowed in an official manner, and the Islam faith has not laid out any requirements that a cleric must meet before becoming an ayatollah. Instead, the title is earned by studying, teaching, and preaching over a long period of time and also gathering followers and garnering the respect of other Shi'a clerics.

The name "ayatollah" originates from the Quran where human beings can also be regarded as signs of God, the literal translation of the title. 51:20–21 of the Quran states:

On the earth are signs (Ayat) for those of assured Faith,

As also in your own selves: Will ye not then see?

Now how is that comparable to Pat Robertson?
Thanks for saving me the time on the predicable nonsense.

How is a house of religious worship a bad thing anywhere?

How is a house of worship a good thing anywhere?

If we were advancing as a nation we would be moving toward abolishing freedom of religion with the end goal of making religion as unprotected as abortion, libel and kidnapping.

All religions are dangerous cults.

More wars have been fought, slaves taken and genocides pursued in the name of God than for all other rationales combined.

more often than not God and religion are just the excuse to do the inexcusable.

How many supporting this would support building a church on the white house lawn.

So, any thoughts on how close to Ft. Hood it would be permissible to build a Muslim community center?

There are Muslim centers and mosques in Killeen. Many soldiers are Muslims as well as in the surrounding community

Cordoba was the seat of Muslim culture and learning and actually brought many benefits to the world (algebra ... though I'm sure you sucked at that).

thats true Ravi.....but why then did their culture get stuck in that Century and never seemed to leave?.....

Just wondering. Anyone think they will actually build a mosque/community center at that location? I think not.

i feel it is just going to create more problems down the line with the real radical among us who are the kind of people who act on what they feel.....why put your parishioners in that kind of situation....like some asshole firebombing it while it is full.....

Just wondering. Anyone think they will actually build a mosque/community center at that location? I think not.

i feel it is just going to create more problems down the line with the real radical among us who are the kind of people who act on what they feel.....why put your parishioners in that kind of situation....like some asshole firebombing it while it is full.....
And you know who's fault that would be (besides the perp, of course)? The morons that came up with all this fauxrage over the location of a building.

I don't think they razed it...but they remolded it. Cordoba was the seat of Muslim culture and learning and actually brought many benefits to the world (algebra ... though I'm sure you sucked at that).

So the name Cordoba might not mean what you think...once again you leap to conclusions because you're an idiot.

:thup:

Cordoba represents religious waring and hatred between christians and muslims.

First muslims came and conqured the christians in the region then tore down their church and build a mosque over it. Then the christians came and conqured the muslims in the region and tore down their mosque and build a church over it.

I think I provided a link to some history earlier in this thread and in 3 others.

The history of Cordoba makes that being used as the name for this Center/Mosque in view of ground zero very painful for many who suffered losses on 9/11 and for others whom the event left a highly emotional memory.
I'm sorry to find that it offends you so much. It isn't offensive to me...I was never a Spaniard or a Roman and I really don't care what happened a gazillion years ago.

Its ok that you don't care about those who suffered losses on 9/11 or those for whom the attacks we suffered on that day have left an emotional scar.

Its not ok to deny the obvious implications of the choice of the name for the center and mosque just because it runs contrary to what you feel about the mosque, its location, its name, and its potential implications.

Cordoba represents religious waring and hatred between christians and muslims.

First muslims came and conqured the christians in the region then tore down their church and build a mosque over it. Then the christians came and conqured the muslims in the region and tore down their mosque and build a church over it.

I think I provided a link to some history earlier in this thread and in 3 others.

The history of Cordoba makes that being used as the name for this Center/Mosque in view of ground zero very painful for many who suffered losses on 9/11 and for others whom the event left a highly emotional memory.
I'm sorry to find that it offends you so much. It isn't offensive to me...I was never a Spaniard or a Roman and I really don't care what happened a gazillion years ago.

Its ok that you don't care about those who suffered losses on 9/11 or those for whom the attacks we suffered on that day have left an emotional scar.

Its not ok to deny the obvious implications of the choice of the name for the center and mosque just because it runs contrary to what you feel about the mosque, its location, its name, and its potential implications.
I should neg you for saying I said that.

Nurse your centuries old grudges, it's what makes the world go round.

as if one party is better than the other, you do know there are people on each side of the isle for and against. dont matter they (the politicians) are against US the people at all costs, otherwise why would they take us for stupid all the time. i spent more than 20 years of my life being a republicon, during bush tenure i was disgusted with his handling of our country and left the party, that is when i decided i would no longer fall for their crap, anyone who tows that line is whats wrong with america.

edit, almost forgot to throw my hat in the ring as NOT supporting the mosque.
dont anyone remember them guys chanting in the streets in complete joy that our towers were hit by radicals. you want to know more about the koran go to youtube and look up 3 things you should know about the koran.

not sure how true (cause this is the net, you can sway anything on here) but from the way the radicals act, its quite possible.

Last edited:
And you know who's fault that would be (besides the perp, of course)? The morons that came up with all this fauxrage over the location of a building.
right....but if you know there is a great chance of this kind of thing happening by building this thing....is it worth it to put your Parishioners in potential danger?....or does it make more sense just to build elsewhere....all churches can be targets as we know....but this one will have a bigger bulls eye than most....IMO....

right....but if you know there is a great chance of this kind of thing happening by building this thing....is it worth it to put your Parishioners in potential danger?....or does it make more sense just to build elsewhere....all churches can be targets as we know....but this one will have a bigger bulls eye than most....IMO....

Once this thing gets built, Fox News will run nonstop stories over what an outrage it is. The protestors will come out in force and it will be on all the networks.
A year after it has opened, FoxNews will have moved onto another perceived outrage and nobody will care....This is NYC

It wouldn't have been without all the fauxrage.

I should neg you for saying I said that.

Nurse your centuries old grudges, it's what makes the world go round.

I agree with him. will you be neg recing me too for my opinion as well?

Forum List

Back