You Are A Bigot If You Think The NYC Mosque is Inappropriate.

Just wondering. Anyone think they will actually build a mosque/community center at that location? I think not.

No I don't think they will, even if they found the funding for it I don't see any company that would risk their reputation to build it.

Last edited:
Damn, watching Shogun vs Tech just now was like watching a Mike Tyson fight in his prime. :lol:

btw, this has got to be the most ironic tagline ever.

Tech_Esq
user_online.gif

Our Country,Not Ourselves
Member #11434

Too bad you think so. If you look carefully on the crest that is my Avatar, it says the same thing. I just put it out as the tagline because it's hard to see. The crest is from the US 30th Infantry Regiment, my old unit.

If you don't like it, you can kiss my Wild Boar Ass!
I have avatars turned off. I think it's ironic because in this issue you are Ourselves, Not Country.

Actually not. In my opinion, I'm advocating for a position that defends the country from a danger that I perceive from the propaganda value of this center being built in that location.

You move it a 1/2 mile away and I'm cool with it being built. But, I'll bet they aren't.

So, I will risk the unpopularity of my position to defend my country. Our Country, Not Ourselves. Rock of the Marne!

The mosque is nothing more than a victory temple, why else would they dedicate it on 9-11-2011? The imam in charge of the mosque is an anti american radical. The constitution may saay it is legal to build it there but it still is wrong.

Too bad you think so. If you look carefully on the crest that is my Avatar, it says the same thing. I just put it out as the tagline because it's hard to see. The crest is from the US 30th Infantry Regiment, my old unit.

If you don't like it, you can kiss my Wild Boar Ass!
I have avatars turned off. I think it's ironic because in this issue you are Ourselves, Not Country.

Actually not. In my opinion, I'm advocating for a position that defends the country from a danger that I perceive from the propaganda value of this center being built in that location.

You move it a 1/2 mile away and I'm cool with it being built. But, I'll bet they aren't.

So, I will risk the unpopularity of my position to defend my country. Our Country, Not Ourselves. Rock of the Marne!
We shall have to agree to disagree. I don't think moving it matters. I think putting it on ground zero would be wrong, just as putting any church on ground zero would be wrong. But it isn't being proposed to build a mosque on ground zero.

You can't defend the country unless you defend the constitution. Isn't there a vow of some sort to that effect?

The mosque is nothing more than a victory temple, why else would they dedicate it on 9-11-2011? The imam in charge of the mosque is an anti american radical. The constitution may saay it is legal to build it there but it still is wrong.
:lol: Prime example of bullshit.

Who started this 9/11/11 rumor?

Hard to defend the Constitution when people are trying to replace it. It gets all circular after that.

Good luck getting all the approvals, funding and foundation poured in twelve months.

:lol: Prime example of bullshit.

Who started this 9/11/11 rumor?

i've wondered that same thing. I was wondering if it was true.

We shall have to agree to disagree. I don't think moving it matters. I think putting it on ground zero would be wrong, just as putting any church on ground zero would be wrong. But it isn't being proposed to build a mosque on ground zero.

You can't defend the country unless you defend the constitution. Isn't there a vow of some sort to that effect?

There is an oath to defend the Constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic.

This represents a domestic enemy. And if you want to know why, look at this from Great Britain -- London Times:

Revealed: UK’s first official sharia courts
Abul Taher

ISLAMIC law has been officially adopted in Britain, with sharia courts given powers to rule on Muslim civil cases.

The government has quietly sanctioned the powers for sharia judges to rule on cases ranging from divorce and financial disputes to those involving domestic violence.

Rulings issued by a network of five sharia courts are enforceable with the full power of the judicial system, through the county courts or High Court.

Revealed: UK’s first official sharia courts -Times Online

Britain entertained these folks so long that they have created a situation where they had to allow the creation of Sharia courts in their own country. Britain isn't alone in this. And, you are mistaken if you think there isn't a desire to bring it here.

There is a Cordoba cathedral in Spain that was formerly a Mosque. Christians and Muslims have prayed at that site together.

I think that would be wonderful in NYC near the 9/11 site. To remind us of the day when all Americans stood together united.

The funders and proponents of building the mosque are not Americans.

And the mosque at Cordoba was build over a razed church. Cordoba exemplified sharia - Christians and Jews were dhimmis and lived in subservience to Muslims. If they didn't, they were killed.
I don't think they razed it...but they remolded it. Cordoba was the seat of Muslim culture and learning and actually brought many benefits to the world (algebra ... though I'm sure you sucked at that).

So the name Cordoba might not mean what you think...once again you leap to conclusions because you're an idiot.

:thup:

Cordoba represents religious waring and hatred between christians and muslims.

First muslims came and conqured the christians in the region then tore down their church and build a mosque over it. Then the christians came and conqured the muslims in the region and tore down their mosque and build a church over it.

I think I provided a link to some history earlier in this thread and in 3 others.

The history of Cordoba makes that being used as the name for this Center/Mosque in view of ground zero very painful for many who suffered losses on 9/11 and for others whom the event left a highly emotional memory.

The left is all in favor of religious freedom and will fight to the death to defend that right......Unless you're a Christian then well you better not wish someone a Merry Christmas,if you dare do so you know the ACLU will be knocking on your door to serve you with legal papers.

Should have carpet bombed Mecca on 9/12/01. Is that inappropriate? Any religion than pulls that sh*t needs a good nuking. Take Islam. Attacks the US , then pretends they didn’t do ANYTHING, it was extremists did it. SO? Who can tell? Anyone know a extremist from a regular nice MUSLIM? So, instead, Bush attacks Iraq, insread, Makes NO sense at all, does it?

There is an oath to defend the Constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic.

This represents a domestic enemy. And if you want to know why, look at this from Great Britain -- London Times:

Revealed: UK’s first official sharia courts
Abul Taher

ISLAMIC law has been officially adopted in Britain, with sharia courts given powers to rule on Muslim civil cases.

The government has quietly sanctioned the powers for sharia judges to rule on cases ranging from divorce and financial disputes to those involving domestic violence.

Rulings issued by a network of five sharia courts are enforceable with the full power of the judicial system, through the county courts or High Court.
Revealed: UK’s first official sharia courts -Times Online

Britain entertained these folks so long that they have created a situation where they had to allow the creation of Sharia courts in their own country. Britain isn't alone in this. And, you are mistaken if you think there isn't a desire to bring it here.
:confused: So...it's okay to throw out the constitution because of something that is going on in GB??? Newsflash: we are not GB.

The funders and proponents of building the mosque are not Americans.

And the mosque at Cordoba was build over a razed church. Cordoba exemplified sharia - Christians and Jews were dhimmis and lived in subservience to Muslims. If they didn't, they were killed.
I don't think they razed it...but they remolded it. Cordoba was the seat of Muslim culture and learning and actually brought many benefits to the world (algebra ... though I'm sure you sucked at that).

So the name Cordoba might not mean what you think...once again you leap to conclusions because you're an idiot.

:thup:

Cordoba represents religious waring and hatred between christians and muslims.

First muslims came and conqured the christians in the region then tore down their church and build a mosque over it. Then the christians came and conqured the muslims in the region and tore down their mosque and build a church over it.

I think I provided a link to some history earlier in this thread and in 3 others.

The history of Cordoba makes that being used as the name for this Center/Mosque in view of ground zero very painful for many who suffered losses on 9/11 and for others whom the event left a highly emotional memory.
I'm sorry to find that it offends you so much. It isn't offensive to me...I was never a Spaniard or a Roman and I really don't care what happened a gazillion years ago.

I just have to wonder what people would think of a Church being built on the grounds of an abortion clinic bombing?

I'm just sayin :eusa_angel:

I just have to wonder what people would think of a Church being built on the grounds of an abortion clinic bombing?

I don't have a problem with it.

Do you think Baptists should be allowed to build churches near military bases? After all, the Westboro Baptists wish for soldiers to die.

:eusa_eh:

Those who support that would say well, that's different. They wouldn't be able to make a rational, logical argument why that's different,

but they'd say it anyway.

Forum List

Back