Yom Hashoah

"Melinda Herschkowitz, 82 – the average age of the remaining 189,000 Holocaust survivors in Israel – says she starved in a ghetto before narrowly escaping being transported to Auschwitz where she lost 14 members of her family.

And today, she is still battling hunger, because she struggles to afford food.

“Of course it’s not right. But what can I do?”

Melinda lives in a dilapidated block of flats on the outskirts of a small town near Tel Aviv.

“It’s impossible to make ends meet,” she adds. “Of course more money would help. But who is thinking about us?”

Last year 40% of Israeli Holocaust survivors admitted they could not afford to live in dignity. And 27% said they could not afford to heat their homes, while 30% revealed they had to skip meals."

Hollie's response?

Hollie said:
...silly little melodrama...

Zionists really are the real anti-Semites
So we can agree, other than scouring the web for material to cut and paste as a means to buttress your insensate Jew hatreds, you're doing nothing.

"Melinda Herschkowitz, 82 – the average age of the remaining 189,000 Holocaust survivors in Israel – says she starved in a ghetto before narrowly escaping being transported to Auschwitz where she lost 14 members of her family.
Melinda lives in a dilapidated block of flats on the outskirts of a small town near Tel Aviv.
“It’s impossible to make ends meet,” she adds. “Of course more money would help. But who is thinking about us?”
Last year 40% of Israeli Holocaust survivors admitted they could not afford to live in dignity. And 27% said they could not afford to heat their homes, while 30% revealed they had to skip meals."
Our noble challenger is thereby invited to stop bitching and petition the israel guvmint, of course.
See post #16

Hollie's response?

Hollie said:

So we can agree, other than scouring the web for material to cut and paste as a means to buttress your insensate Jew hatreds, you're doing nothing.

As I said, this is just one small step by an individual. I would have thought it might provide a common cause with the Jewish members of this forum, but no surprise there, clearly you are all committed Zionists, so you don't care about the plight of Holocaust survivors, you just use the Holocaust to promote your political agenda and screw the people. It's plain to see, Zionists are the real anti-Semites.

Did you know that 50% of South Korea's elderly live in poverty?

Why do I share this with you? Because poverty is a thing. Worldwide. In every country. Some worse than others. It sucks. And its terrible. And we should be working our asses off to fix it.

But this is just another "Israel (read: Jews) is evil because ...." thread. As in, "Israel has all the same problems that every other country in the world has, to a greater or lesser degree, but Israel is evil because of it."

And the OP desires to relate this to a memorial day meant to honor and mourn those who died in the Shoah. Disgusting. And petty.

Did you know that 50% of South Korea's elderly live in poverty?

Why do I share this with you? Because poverty is a thing. Worldwide. In every country. Some worse than others. It sucks. And its terrible. And we should be working our asses off to fix it.

But this is just another "Israel (read: Jews) is evil because ...." thread. As in, "Israel has all the same problems that every other country in the world has, to a greater or lesser degree, but Israel is evil because of it."

And the OP desires to relate this to a memorial day meant to honor and mourn those who died in the Shoah. Disgusting. And petty.

South Korea's elderly are not Holcaust survivors, neither South Korea's elderly, nor anyone else's have another country specifically making reparations payments to enable Holocaust survivors to enjoy their remaining years in comfort.

Creating a false equivalency and attempting to justify Zionist goverment policies towards Holocaust survivors IS disgusting and petty. But of course that's par for the course with Zionists.

Another thread meant nothing but to bash. You're the one that should be ashamed of using Holocaust victims in order to "advance" your agendas

Facts do not bash. Are you denying this has been going on for decades; the so called "refuge of last resort for the Jewish people" treats genuine Jewish refugees like shit?

Do you really care about holocaust survivors? Like hell you do.

So why are yoiu trying to paint it like you give a crap? there is one reason only why you opened up this thread, and we know what it is perfectly.

Hollie's response?

Hollie said:

As I said, this is just one small step by an individual. I would have thought it might provide a common cause with the Jewish members of this forum, but no surprise there, clearly you are all committed Zionists, so you don't care about the plight of Holocaust survivors, you just use the Holocaust to promote your political agenda and screw the people. It's plain to see, Zionists are the real anti-Semites.

Well gee-had, sweetie. Shouldn't your islamo-convert wailing and screeching be put to actually doing something for your fellow retrogrades?

Converts are the real funny Islamics.

Articles

The United Nations Development Program, in a report published last year, described in often painful detail some of the factors that have contributed to the decline of science and the rise of extremism in Arab societies. Among them are:

- Increases in average income have been lower in the Arab world than anywhere else for 20 years, except for the poorest African countries. "If such trends continue...it will take the average Arab citizen 140 years to double his or her income, whole other regions are set to achieve that level in a matter of less than 10 years," the report noted. One in 5 Arabs lives on less than $2 a day.

- Arab unemployment is the highest in the developing world.

- Surveys show more than half of young Arabs want to leave their countries and live in the United States or other industrialized countries where opportunities are better.

- The Arab brain drain is the world's worst, with about 25 percent of new graduates in science, medicine and engineering emigrating each year.

- About 1 in 4 Arab adults can neither read nor write. This is a particular problem among Arab women, 50 per cent of whom are illiterate. Many children do not attend school.

- The quality of education has declined, with many schools teaching mainly interpretations of the Koran, rather than other knowledge or skills.

- Less than 0.6 per cent of Arabs use the Internet and barely 1.2 percent have access to a personal computer. There are 18 computers per 1,000 Arabs, compared to the global average of 78.3.

- During the entire 20th century, fewer than 10,000 books were translated into Arabic -- equivalent to the number translated into Spanish in a single year. Religious books account for 17 per cent of new publications in Arab countries, compared to a world average of 5 per cent.

- Censorship stifles ideas, information and innovation. Numerous censors review book manuscripts, each with the power to edit text or demand revisions.

Hooray for failure.

Another thread meant nothing but to bash. You're the one that should be ashamed of using Holocaust victims in order to "advance" your agendas

Facts do not bash. Are you denying this has been going on for decades; the so called "refuge of last resort for the Jewish people" treats genuine Jewish refugees like shit?

So why are yoiu trying to paint it like you give a crap? there is one reason only why you opened up this thread, and we know what it is perfectly.

I do, as it happens and I've met several. One Jewish gentleman I met in Auscwitz-Birkenau had a major impact on me. He was the one knocked over by Zionist Israeli brats that were running around yelling and screaming waving Israeli flags; apparently "celebrating life" and not giving a f**k about the old man they knocked over. He told me his story as others have, before and since, many moving stories of what they had to endure there, so when I find that Zionist Israel is treating these survivors in this appaling way, yes, I see red and it just confirms to me that Zionists are the real anti-Semites.

Our noble challenger is thereby invited to stop bitching and petition the israel guvmint, of course.
See post #16
See the post #18.

... but no surprise there, clearly you are all committed Zionists, so you don't care about the plight of Holocaust survivors, you just use the Holocaust to promote your political agenda and screw the people. It's plain to see, Zionists are the real anti-Semites.
If those weren't alligator tears, our noble challenger's shedding, i might've joined the crying, of course. hehe

I do, as it happens and I've met several. One Jewish gentleman I met in Auscwitz-Birkenau had a major impact on me. He was the one knocked over by Zionist Israeli brats that were running around yelling and screaming waving Israeli flags; apparently "celebrating life" and not giving a f**k about the old man they knocked over. He told me his story as others have, before and since, many moving stories of what they had to endure there, so when I find that Zionist Israel is treating these survivors in this appaling way, yes, I see red and it just confirms to me that Zionists are the real anti-Semites.

What are the unreal ones like?

Seems a few Israelis are bothered about this national disgrace, sadly not enough it seems.

"According to a 2015 study by the Foundation for the Benefit of Holocaust Victims in Israel, 30 per cent of the country's 189,000 survivors have forgone buying food products over the previous year out of concern for money, 25 per cent have not bought the relevant medicines they need, and around 27 per cent can't afford to heat their homes during the winter months.

Ms Sinar said she sees the consequences of this every day, when the organisation holds a soup kitchen for survivors who come to get a hot meal. 'They don't cook and don't have money to buy meat or other things. They don't even have the energy to cook for themselves or to make a soup in the cold winter.'

The organisation, like other NGOs in Israel striving to help holocaust survivors, operates with skeletal staff on a minimum wage and relies on volunteers to operate.

'I don't have an answer [as to why the government does not do more to help]. I wish I did,' added Ms Sinar." Persecuted in Nazi Germany then left to end days in squalor in Israel

Alright, I finally found the time to do some actual investigation into this story. There are around 200,000 Holocaust survivors living in Israel. All of them, as near as I am able to tell, receive some benefits which may include free medical care, free medications and subsidized psychological treatment, an annual or monthly pension at levels commensurate with disabilities, subsidized rent, free electricity, etc.

In addition, there are a number of NGO's and volunteer organizations which also assist with Holocaust survivors who are living below the poverty line -- about 20,000 survivors. (Please note: "Did you ever not buy meat in the past year because you were worried about money", as noted in one of the links posted by Challenger, is not an objective standard for poverty.)

The main barriers for receiving aide, or receiving enough aide, are the complex system of laws surrounding eligibility. Eligibility is determined based in year of immigration to Israel and experiences such as surviving a concentration camp, living in a closed ghetto, living in an open ghetto or escape from persecution. Thus a survivor who was documented as being in a concentration camp will have full eligibility while a survivor with only vague childhood memories of running through a fence at night or hiding in the woods may not. (Not that I am trivializing their experiences).

So, in the end, there are indeed some survivors of persecution against the Jewish people in the years of the Holocaust who are living in poverty and are not receiving enough aide, from either government sources or volunteer organizations. And one could say that Israel and the Jewish people should be doing better than to let these people fall through the cracks, as it were.
I might even make the argument that this is a valid criticism of Israel -- just as criticism of the 1.4 million American veterans living in poverty is a valid criticism of the US or criticism of the fact that half of all First Nations children live in poverty is a valid criticism of Canada -- if it was presented in that way.

But it was not. Instead it was presented as a demonization of "Zionism" -- including the claim that "Zionists" are hostile towards or prejudiced against, or discriminate against Jews, because they are Jews.

I've since found other references to the disgusting treatment of these people by their own co-religionists, that shows this is not a recent abberation but continuing policy.

Zionist Israel is supposed to be a refuge for Jewish people who are being or have been persecuted. It seems this is just cynical Hasbara, and a salient lesson for jewish people everywhere. Zoinists should be ashamed of themselves.

Zionism is fundamentally anti-Semitic.

Israel most certainly is a refuge for the Jewish people. It is most certainly a place where the Jewish people can escape persecution. That doesn't make it perfect.

From the article:
"The sun is going down when they appear, small figures sidling between the closing stalls in the market place where the traders are dumping the day’s unsold wares.

As piles of cabbage and potatoes mount on the pavement, they rifle through, their worn fingers picking anything edible.

These elderly men and women living in the Israeli town of Ashkelon in their twilight years are scraping to get by – but they are not new to the business of surviving.

That began seven decades ago when they were plunged into the Holocaust.

Appallingly, the 13 who visit the market this evening are among 45,000 survivors of the Nazi genocide living below the poverty line today in Israel, existing on less than 3,000 shekels, or £500, a month."

Clearly a Zionist paradise, not so much a Jewish one. Clear evidence that Zionism has little to nothing to do with Judaism.

Only according to you, and your opinion is worthless to everyone else.

I tend not to follow these events, but I'm told Yom Hashoah ended yesterday. That's good as I wouldn't want to offend anyone genuinly commemorating this terrible event. That said, I saw recently a program on Channel 4

Unreported World

about the desperate plight of Holcaust survivors in Zionist Israel and here's an article relating to that programme

Harrowing story of the Holocaust survivors still fighting for a dignified life

I've since found other references to the disgusting treatment of these people by their own co-religionists, that shows this is not a recent abberation but continuing policy.

Zionist Israel is supposed to be a refuge for Jewish people who are being or have been persecuted. It seems this is just cynical Hasbara, and a salient lesson for jewish people everywhere. Zoinists should be ashamed of themselves.

Zionism is fundamentally anti-Semitic.
Considering Zionists collaborated with the Nazis to send 100,000's of Jewish Folk to the Gas Charnels, what and why would you be surprised,people like Pheo are delusional and a disgrace to the Jewish People..like all Zionist Murderers

LIAR and why are you deflecting away from the topic

Genuine Jewish refugee? Don't you mean European colonizer?

The Zionist colony in Palestine was purportedly established as a "refuge of last resort for the Jewish people", yet it treats the very people it was allegedly designed for like dirt. A salutory lesson for any Jewish people around the world (Europe included) that might find themselves one day seeking refuge or aiding the colonisation effort. Zionism is the real anti-Semitism.
So what are you doing to ease the suffering of those inThe Zionist Entity™ ?
We should ask what are You and the Docmeister doing.....O.. I forgot You both are the Zionists.silly me

Deflection again

Huh,best you can come up with Lipps..........If the Cap Fits.....Wear It....as you do....it is you and your ilk.....that demonish and kill your own,as history has proven...you are Shameful

Yet more deflection

Alright, I finally found the time to do some actual investigation into this story.

All you had to do was read the links I provided from both sides of the political media spectrum to ensure "fairness" the data is more or less the same.

The main barriers for receiving aide, or receiving enough aide, are the complex system of laws surrounding eligibility.

Yes, people who escaped Europe with nothing have to prove they were in a camp or otherwise persecuted by the Nazis, to qualify for a meagre state payout.

I might even make the argument that this is a valid criticism of Israel

That's big of you...

just as criticism of the 1.4 million American veterans living in poverty is a valid criticism of the US or criticism of the fact that half of all First Nations children live in poverty is a valid criticism of Canada -- if it was presented in that way.

...until you tried to use false equivalence comparisons. American veterans and First Nations children are not Holocaust Survivors. If you Zionist keep pushing the Holocaust as an exceptional event in human history, there can be no equivalent to compare it with can there?

"Zionists" are hostile towards or prejudiced against, or discriminate against Jews, because they are Jews.

No. They are prejudiced and even hostile against Jewish Holocaust survivors, because, as one survivor quotes, “They say you went to the slaughter like sheep, without fighting for your lives.”

Israel most certainly is a refuge for the Jewish people. It is most certainly a place where the Jewish people can escape persecution. That doesn't make it perfect.

Standard Zionist Hasbara response. Tell it to the Holocaust survivors living there in poverty; I suspect they might spit in your face.

Forum List

Back