Yet another reason I like Tina Fey

I think she rocks, not only because she's smart and sassy, but because she offers and quick, concise and correct insight into the mind of the American neocon. She recently completed the Proust Questionnaire in Vanity Fair magazine. Two of her answers summed up neocons. Note, she doesn't mention the rabid rigth, but her answers decribe them (well on this board anyway) to a T....Allie, Willow, Cesspit, Tank, T, Bigreb

What is the trait you most deplore in others?
People who are proud of their ignorance.

What is it that you most dislike?
People who mock education as elitist.

I'm not a neocon by an stretch, but what do those statements have to do with neoconservatism?

Foreigners have a tendency to lump much of the right as "neocons," which has generally become a highly-charged and derogatory word outside of America to describe what they dislike in how they perceive modern American conservatism. I wouldn't asscribe Fey's comments to neoconservatives as Gump does.

But there certainly is a strain in conservatism which sneers at "elites," no doubt about it, which I find amusing, given that the right often accuses the left of "class warfare."

I think she rocks, not only because she's smart and sassy, but because she offers and quick, concise and correct insight into the mind of the American neocon. She recently completed the Proust Questionnaire in Vanity Fair magazine. Two of her answers summed up neocons. Note, she doesn't mention the rabid rigth, but her answers decribe them (well on this board anyway) to a T....Allie, Willow, Cesspit, Tank, T, Bigreb

Really? Perhaps you can tell us all what you think a neocon is. Most of the time the left's definition of a neocon is a moving target not based in any reality.

Here's a clue, though: GW Bush is not a neocon.

Maybe, but he acted like one.

I disagree Elvis. I reckon she was never in the running. I'd go as far to say she cost McCain the election...

You can say anything you like. Doesn't make it true.

Palin didn't cost McCain the election. The country was going to elect a Democrat no matter what. Americans were sick of Bush, so much so that the country elected an inexperienced, unknown, black, northern liberal with a funny name as President.

Palin didn't cost McCain the election. The country was going to elect a Democrat no matter what. Americans were sick of Bush, so much so that the country elected an inexperienced, unknown, black, northern liberal with a funny name as President.

I think there were a lot of factors. McCain was ahead in the polling until the economic meltdown which seems to indicate it was not a given that the republicans would lose. At the point at which things went bad, a combination of McCain mishandling the situation and the fact of palin's divisiveness and her clearly not being up to the task, pushed the electorate toward the democrats by a substantial margin.

The truth is, most of the electorate appears firm in the party for which they vote. That leaves a very small percentage who can be swayed

Last edited:

Tina Fey is a classic elitist bigot. She hates anyone who is different from her. This explains her obvious hatred for Sarah Palin. She thinks just believing in God makes a person an imbecile.

The problem with folks like Tina Fey is that there are so many in this country that hate just like she does. They support her hatred. Tina Fey bases much of her work off of her hatred and bigotry. She has made millions making fun of those she hates.

I personally like Tina Fey, I just feel that she would never accept me as a friend because of my beliefs. What describes a bigot better then that?

I can describe the essence of your post in one word, bullshit.

If we believe the people on the left who routinely organize boycotts, and I see no reason not to, they are an attempt to heighten the awareness of an issue and even punish behavior you do not like. Was it censorship when people called for boycotts of South African products because of Apartheid? If it was, why did it stop when the stated goal of reform in the government that allowed the majority black population to have civil rights?

So now you're comparing apartied to the Dixie Chicks having an opinion...hhhmmmm....

Really........ editor/writer?????!!!!!! It's Apartheid, or is it spelled different in New Zealand?! Do you have a 3rd grader proofing for you? 18 years and you can't write worth a shit and can't spell to save your life, what kind of hack publication would pay you........ or are you paid?

Man, I sooooo get under your skin don't I? Then again, I have fulfilled my dreams...and you're still a baggage handler....shrug...

Tina Fey is a classic elitist bigot. She hates anyone who is different from her. This explains her obvious hatred for Sarah Palin. She thinks just believing in God makes a person an imbecile.

The problem with folks like Tina Fey is that there are so many in this country that hate just like she does. They support her hatred. Tina Fey bases much of her work off of her hatred and bigotry. She has made millions making fun of those she hates.

I personally like Tina Fey, I just feel that she would never accept me as a friend because of my beliefs. What describes a bigot better then that?

1) How do you know she is elitest?
2) How do you know she hates anybody that is different from her?
3) How do you know she hates Palin?
4) I agree that there are many people who hate - the likes of Coulter, Buchanan, O'Reilly, Hannity, Beck certainly spread enough of it around.
5) She makes millions being a comedian. You should try laughing sometime instead of being a sad bastard.
6) She would probably not accept you as a friend because you're a sad bastard....

BTW - the term 'sad bastard' is an English/Oz/NZ term meaning 'useless/pathetic' as opposed to being actually sad..

NB: SHITarro...please point out any typos in this post, just in case you come across somebody who gives a shit.
Yours in anticipation.
Grump

Forum List

Back