Yet another reason I like Tina Fey

Dr Grump

Platinum Member
Apr 4, 2006
From the Back of Beyond
I think she rocks, not only because she's smart and sassy, but because she offers and quick, concise and correct insight into the mind of the American neocon. She recently completed the Proust Questionnaire in Vanity Fair magazine. Two of her answers summed up neocons. Note, she doesn't mention the rabid rigth, but her answers decribe them (well on this board anyway) to a T....Allie, Willow, Cesspit, Tank, T, Bigreb

What is the trait you most deplore in others?
People who are proud of their ignorance.

What is it that you most dislike?
People who mock education as elitist.

I think she rocks, not only because she's smart and sassy, but because she offers and quick, concise and correct insight into the mind of the American neocon. She recently completed the Proust Questionnaire in Vanity Fair magazine. Two of her answers summed up neocons. Note, she doesn't mention the rabid rigth, but her answers decribe them (well on this board anyway) to a T....Allie, Willow, Cesspit, Tank, T, Bigreb

I'm not a neocon by an stretch, but what do those statements have to do with neoconservatism?

Oh, bullshit.

You wanna bang her and that's all there is to it. :lol:

I'm not a neocon by an stretch, but what do those statements have to do with neoconservatism?

Any messageboard I have ever been on - if anyone on the left shows a smidgeon of intelligence, or announces their college bona fides, just watch them get shouted down by the neocon peanut gallery....Education is anethema to what they believe in...

Last edited:
Any messageboard I have ever been on - if anyone on the left shows a smidgeon of intelligence, or announces their college bona fides, just watch them get shouted down by the neocon peanut gallery on this board....Education is anethema to what they believe in...
The Shrub has the same college bona fides and that didn't keep hacks like you from shouting him down as a detached idiot.

Cuts both ways, Bubba.

Any messageboard I have ever been on - if anyone on the left shows a smidgeon of intelligence, or announces their college bona fides, just watch them get shouted down by the neocon peanut gallery on this board....Education is anethema to what they believe in...
so these "uneducated" people just happen to believe in spreading democracy, "preventive" war, and wide open borders?

The Shrub has the same college bona fides and that didn't keep hacks like you from shouting him down as a detached idiot.

Cuts both ways, Bubba.

Well, he is an ijit, of that there is no doubt. But there are plenty of intelligent conservatives. But I'm talking about those specifically on these boards who mock others who have education. Those I listed have done that in the past..

so these "uneducated" people just happen to believe in spreading democracy, "preventive" war, and wide open borders?

That's a pretty simplistic overview to some very complicated issues...

It's not being educated that some on the right mock as being elitist....it's just those on the left who have a view that only those who have gained their enlightenment from some ivy league institute are truly educated, and have little appreciation for those who value self-education and a desire to always be learning.

I'm against spreading democracy and preventive war. but what make you think the people you mentioned believe in those things?

It's not being educated that some on the right mock as being elitist....it's just those on the left who have a view that only those who have gained their enlightenment from some ivy league institute are truly educated, and have little appreciation for those who value self-education and a desire to always be learning.

Let's not forget some on the right bashing of teachers and public education, I seldom see it from the left.

I wonder why that is?

Oh, and Tina Fey ROCKS!

Can't wait to read her book, "Bossy Pants!"

Any messageboard I have ever been on - if anyone on the left shows a smidgeon of intelligence, or announces their college bona fides, just watch them get shouted down by the neocon peanut gallery....Education is anethema to what they believe in...

Another person who foolishly believes that college degrees indicate intelligence.

Intelligence is demonstrated by what you do, not what piece of paper you have.

What is the rabid 'rigth'? Is that some kind of bunny crime of passion?

Let's not forget some on the right bashing of teachers and public education, I seldom see it from the left.

I wonder why that is?

Oh, and Tina Fey ROCKS!

Yeah we bash teachers in the Public school system. we want people to be educated. The Public schools arent doing that. How can anyone deny that?

I'm against spreading democracy and preventive war. but what make you think the people you mentioned believe in those things?

I'm not saying they do or don't. I am saying I have seen them mock those who have mentioned their education bona fides on this board....

Another person who foolishly believes that college degrees indicate intelligence.

Intelligence is demonstrated by what you do, not what piece of paper you have.

Exhibit A...although I must say I never really saw Avatar in this category....

I wonder why that is?

Oh, and Tina Fey ROCKS!

I guess I'm in a unique position having graduated with a degree in education, and respected as a teacher by other conservatives. As both a teacher and parent, I recognized plenty of issues within the system that definitely didn't always make the needs of the students a priority. Let's put it this way....just like those on the left can respect the military without supporting wars, those on the right can respect the teaching profession without supporting all the bureaucracy that surrounds it.

I wonder why that is?

Oh, and Tina Fey ROCKS!

Yeah we bash teachers in the Public school system. we want people to be educated. The Public schools arent doing that. How can anyone deny that?

Well, if bashing teachers on a message board makes you feel better about yourself, have at it!

Or, you could do something about it and volunteer in one of the schools, or come up with ways to 'fix' the system. You really think a free education is ever going to go away?

How would you have Americans pay for schools, teachers, supplies, etc. without it?

Forum List

Back