Yessireeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Bob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nobody wants an EV

I just checked. If I want to get my EV car charged, it is between a 30 minute to 50 minute drive from my home each way depending on time of day! Which of course takes me to a place I'd otherwise have NO reason for driving too!

ITMT, I probably pass 900 gas stations getting too. Insanity. Only the brainwashed would buy an EV.
I see. You do not have electricity in your home. You have my sympathy. Now go out and get a job, and remember to pay the electric bill.

Old boy, when was the last time you replaced a tube in your big flat screen TV? Or in the radio in your car? Do you remember the price of the first 40" flat screen TV's? You could buy ten 70" flat screen TV's for that price now. The price of batteries is constantly coming down.
RIGHT! Which is why I never invest in emerging technology. Maybe if I live long enough and the price comes down enough and they get all the bugs out, I'll buy an EV.

And I have never seen a $450 car that was worth straightening out the dings in it.
Too bad. The car I referred to was a 75 Grand Prix, a really nice car once I rebuilt the inside of a rotted out rear wheel well and part of the floor under the rear seat.

003.jpg

There are batteries on the market now that will be good for over a million miles.
That is 3,000 charges.

Yes, in 15 years, there will be cheap used EV's on the market.
Then in 15 years once the system and technology is established and settled, I'll be buying one. If I'm still alive and still driving.

Last edited:
I see. You do not have electricity in your home.

Who told you?! :shok: seriously, what if I want to park in my driveway or out in the street?

I likes me cars that I can go anywhere, find a selection of gas stations, and fill back up in 5 minutes cheaply and go. Then it doesn't matter what I have in my home.

RIGHT! Which is why I never invest in emerging technology. Maybe if I live long enough and the price comes down enough and they get all the bugs out, I'll buy an EV.

Too bad. The car I referred to was a 75 Grand Prix, a really nice car once I rebuilt the inside of a rotted out rear wheel well and part of the floor under the rear seat.

View attachment 555891

That is 3,000 charges.

Then in 15 years once the system and technology is established and settled, I'll be buying one. If I'm still alive and driving.
You are correct. 3000 or more cycles;

1635117909659.png

I hope you don't think that moment won't arrive. Every major car manufacturer has announced that as its goal. This makes you look like denial is just a way of life for you.
Of course car makers announce that 'goal', it costs them nothing in the short term. At the same time liberals lay off attacking them on emissions and mpg.

It is called an exponential curve. Learn what it means, and get back to us on EV's.
Like I said no car manufacturer is going to produce more EVs than the market warrants.

So any company that says they will be 100% EV in 5 years is just spewing bullshit.

Until we have a nationwide charging infrastructure we are not going to see EVs be 100% of the market in this country.

This is the problem with you people. You are being completely unrealistic.

I want a clean hydrogen fueled car. Hydrogen is a clean fuel. No toxic batteries to dispose of, no unnecessary reliance on an unreliable grid and rolling blackouts.

Well, we still have the "Right to work (for peanuts)" states, plus the power of labor unions has been pretty much neutered. So pretty much the same thing.

If anything those right to work laws benefits all those illegals the Democrats let into this country. We would have been far better under Trump.

Of course car makers announce that 'goal', it costs them nothing in the short term. At the same time liberals lay off attacking them on emissions and mpg.
Tesla just inked a contract to sell 100,000 cars to Hertz Car Rental. That is about 1/4 of their fleet. That is sales that used to go to ICE cars. Of course the other manufacturers are announcing they are going to go to EV's. If they are to survive past 2030, they have to.

Like I said no car manufacturer is going to produce more EVs than the market warrants.

So any company that says they will be 100% EV in 5 years is just spewing bullshit.

Until we have a nationwide charging infrastructure we are not going to see EVs be 100% of the market in this country.

This is the problem with you people. You are being completely unrealistic.
Tesla has sold out it's production of many models well into the middle of 2022. They have pre-orders for about 2 million Cyber trucks. Long long way to market saturation for EV's. In the meantime, the Tesla 3 is the largest selling model in Europe, and the sales of ICE's are dropping in Europe. Since no Tesla's are made in Europe at this time, this is the first time a non-European car has held that spot.

If anything those right to work laws benefits all those illegals the Democrats let into this country. We would have been far better under Trump.
LOL If you believe that, you are a fool. Who is it that constantly backs the right to work laws? It is the Cult of Trump, formerly the GOP.

Tesla has sold out it's production of many models well into the middle of 2022. They have pre-orders for about 2 million Cyber trucks. Long long way to market saturation for EV's. In the meantime, the Tesla 3 is the largest selling model in Europe, and the sales of ICE's are dropping in Europe. Since no Tesla's are made in Europe at this time, this is the first time a non-European car has held that spot.
One car manufacturer that only makes one kind of car.

To say that Ford GM Toyota or any other car manufacturer will got 100% EV only in 5 years is just plain dumb

Tesla makes 500000 cars a year

Just Ford and GM together make over 11 million cars a year.

There is no way that either will go 100% EV in 5 years or 10 for that matter

Last edited:

Forum List

Back