Yesh Atid bill: Israel should be Jewish by law

I thought Israel was a Jewish AND democratic state?

The DoI says no such thing.

They will have to add that into law.

The DOI talks about the homeland of the Jewish people. If the DOI becomes LAW, this paragraph will also be law:

THE STATE OF ISRAEL will be open to the immigration of Jews from all countries of their dispersion; will promote the development of the country for the benefit of all its inhabitants; will be based on the precepts of liberty, justice and peace taught by the Hebrew Prophets; will uphold the full social and political equality of all its citizens, without distinction of race, creed or sex; will guarantee
full freedom of conscience, worship, education and culture; will safeguard the sanctity and inviolability of the shrines and Holy Places of all religions; and will dedicate itself to the principles of the Charter of the United Nations.

Declaration of Israel's Independence 1948

Oh really? So I am just sitting around here making stuff up?

Please!

"Say, "O People of the Scripture, do you resent us except [for the fact] that we have believed in Allah and what was revealed to us and what was revealed before and because most of you are defiantly disobedient?.... Say, "Shall I inform you of [what is] worse than that as penalty from Allah ? [It is that of] those whom Allah has cursed and with whom He became angry and made of them apes and pigs and slaves of Taghut. Those are worse in position and further astray from the sound way."

Was talking about the Jews.

From Surat Al-Maidah, Sura number 6.
Unless Hycranus is actually a Muslim in disguise, there are no doubt many Muslims who would also consider him/her/it barbaric. However, as a good Dhimwit, he/she/it will close his/her/its eyes to this.

Iran: Ayatollah Ali ?Kill-All-Jews-Worldwide-And-Annihilate-Israel? Khamenei Calls European Races ?Barbaric? | MidnightWatcher's Blogspot

I thought Israel was already formerly understood to be a "Jewish" state.

That's what the "right of return" laws are all about, no?

Far as I know, no other nation on earth has such a law in place.

Actually, over 30 countries also have laws favorable to emigrants and to the descendants of native ethnic groups:

Right of return - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Armenia[edit]
Article 14 of the Constitution of the Republic of Armenia (1995) provides that "ndividuals of Armenian origin shall acquire citizenship of the Republic of Armenia through a simplified procedure."[1] This provision is consistent with the Declaration on Independence of Armenia, issued by the Supreme Soviet of the Republic of Armenia in 1989, which declared at article 4 that "Armenians living abroad are entitled to the citizenship of the Republic of Armenia".
Belarus[edit]
Citizenship act of the Republic of Belarus (2002) states that permanent residence term requirements may be waived for ethnic Belarusians and descendants of ethnic Belarusians born abroad.
Bulgaria[edit]
According to the Constitution of Bulgaria, Article 25(2): "A person of Bulgarian origin shall acquire Bulgarian citizenship through a facilitated procedure."[2]
Chapter Two of the Bulgarian Citizenship Act is entitled "Acquisition of Bulgarian Citizenship". The first section of that chapter is entitled "Acquisition of Bulgarian Citizenship by Origin", and provides at article 9 that "[a]ny person ... whose descent from a Bulgarian citizen has been established by way of a court ruling shall be a Bulgarian citizen by origin." Separately, article 15 of the Act provides that "[a]ny person who is not a Bulgarian citizen may acquire Bulgarian citizenship ... if he/she ... is of a Bulgarian origin"...

Edited for Fair Use

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought Israel was a Jewish AND democratic state?

The DoI says no such thing.

They will have to add that into law.

The DOI talks about the homeland of the Jewish people. If the DOI becomes LAW, this paragraph will also be law:

THE STATE OF ISRAEL will be open to the immigration of Jews from all countries of their dispersion; will promote the development of the country for the benefit of all its inhabitants; will be based on the precepts of liberty, justice and peace taught by the Hebrew Prophets; will uphold the full social and political equality of all its citizens, without distinction of race, creed or sex; will guarantees
full freedom of conscience, worship, education and culture; will safeguard the sanctity and inviolability of the shrines and Holy Places of all religions; and will dedicate itself to the principles of the Charter of the United Nations.

Declaration of Israel's Independence 1948

I do not understand why a nation does not abide by its own Declaration of Independence, why is a new law required to abide by a law already enacted?

Forum List

Back