Yes it was a big deal...

1stNickD

Platinum Member
Sep 7, 2020
Dukes retiring Head coach was certainly a storied individual, and deservedly so. The linked article certainly is full of hero worship.

But this sort of reminds me of the many years of stories about Golf when T. Woods was at his prime. Often other players would have a round of their lifetime as they won, making nearly impossible shots and overcoming great odds and the stories barely mentioned their names before pivoting to Tiger. Yesterday the Tar Heels played in a very historic game as it was the first time these two legendary teams had ever met in the final four. Yet nationally 99% of people would be hard pressed to find any article talking about the challenges any of these players faced or even a replay of the interview with the winning coach.

I'll miss Mike K. too. He is one of the last of a dying breed, one that will be missed, and yeah, I get that its a great human interest story. But I just want to say to those at Chapel Hill: Great game guys, you beat one of the best because you too are one of the best. Good luck Monday night.

Dukes retiring Head coach was certainly a storied individual, and deservedly so. The linked article certainly is full of hero worship.

But this sort of reminds me of the many years of stories about Golf when T. Woods was at his prime. Often other players would have a round of their lifetime as they won, making nearly impossible shots and overcoming great odds and the stories barely mentioned their names before pivoting to Tiger. Yesterday the Tar Heels played in a very historic game as it was the first time these two legendary teams had ever met in the final four. Yet nationally 99% of people would be hard pressed to find any article talking about the challenges any of these players faced or even a replay of the interview with the winning coach.

I'll miss Mike K. too. He is one of the last of a dying breed, one that will be missed, and yeah, I get that its a great human interest story. But I just want to say to those at Chapel Hill: Great game guys, you beat one of the best because you too are one of the best. Good luck Monday night.
Pretty ironic that his first loss and his last loss was against NC.

Forum List

Back