Yes I Believe Liberals Should Have Freedom Of Speech Too

Can you answer the question? Is breaking into someone's home and then shouting at them protected by free speech?
Meh, I just shoot them and let the law sort it out.

Now being serious and knowing you are let me state I ain’t supporting the stupidity of the OP nor believe people have freedom of speech no matter what and neither does the Government.

Fools keep on screaming “ It’s my right “ when their right has limits but alas we both know they will disagree until it is you and I screaming at the end of their bed 🛌

The problem isn’t censorship. It is advertisers. Let’s say you own a business. And your ads are displayed on Twitter. So far so good. Then your advertisement is posted just above or below some idiots post where he decried the existence of Jews or Minorities or whatever.

You don’t want your business to be seen supporting or condoning some moron who says all white people must die. So Twitter to keep your money bans the racist idiot.

You as an individual want to be able to say whatever you want. And the Constitution says you can. But I don’t have to let you say it in my living room. And I don’t have to support companies that endorse even tacitly your comments.

This has been done for my entire life. And then some. Advertisers are targeted over some outrageous thing that someone does or says on TV or radio. Newspapers refrain from running some stories for the same reasons. Losing advertisers means losing money.

Now Twitter has lost advertisers. And Musk is talking about making it a Freemium service. If you want to continue as a Verified Account it may soon cost you cash every month.

Musk was an icon for the Left and Right. So long as he kept his mouth shut both sides would lionize him. The left would over Tesla and green cars. The right would for his business model and his success with Space X.

The problem isn’t censorship. It is advertisers. Let’s say you own a business. And your ads are displayed on Twitter. So far so good. Then your advertisement is posted just above or below some idiots post where he decried the existence of Jews or Minorities or whatever.

You don’t want your business to be seen supporting or condoning some moron who says all white people must die. So Twitter to keep your money bans the racist idiot.

You as an individual want to be able to say whatever you want. And the Constitution says you can. But I don’t have to let you say it in my living room. And I don’t have to support companies that endorse even tacitly your comments.

This has been done for my entire life. And then some. Advertisers are targeted over some outrageous thing that someone does or says on TV or radio. Newspapers refrain from running some stories for the same reasons. Losing advertisers means losing money.

Now Twitter has lost advertisers. And Musk is talking about making it a Freemium service. If you want to continue as a Verified Account it may soon cost you cash every month.

Musk was an icon for the Left and Right. So long as he kept his mouth shut both sides would lionize him. The left would over Tesla and green cars. The right would for his business model and his success with Space X.

Why can't they just ignore that person who offended them? After all, if you didn't say anything racist (which that doesn't even seem to be like a real word anymore to be perfectly honest with you) then why would people take it out on your business?

No one is silencing you. You can't play nice in the sandbox. You repeat lies. You spread misinformation. And then fucking bitch about private companies who make their own rules.

WAAHHH!!...why can't I LIE with impugnity??!! :auiqs.jpg:

Like AGW being the greatest threat to our lives?

Or kids getting puberty blockers is medically necessary?

The issue is you idiots believe the bullshit that your opinions are fact.

Why can't they just ignore that person who offended them? After all, if you didn't say anything racist (which that doesn't even seem to be like a real word anymore to be perfectly honest with you) then why would people take it out on your business?

We all used to be able to ignore that which offended us. We who were taught well by conscientious parents still have that ability.

Those who were raised from birth to be irresponsible, narcissistic perpetual infants believe that they have the right to not be offended, all the while embracing and cherishing their offended status as if it were a life jacket and they were about to drown without it.

We all used to be able to ignore that which offended us.

It's just common sense. If somebody said they hated Trump in a store I owned. I wouldn't have them arrested for it and I wouldn't even kick them out. I'd just laugh and say "tough luck suck it up buttercup because he's coming back in 2024." ;)

It's just common sense. If somebody said they hated Trump in a store I owned. I wouldn't have them arrested for it and I wouldn't even kick them out. I'd just laugh and say "tough luck suck it up buttercup because he's coming back in 2024." ;)

Not like this guy who screams like a six-year-old girl when he sees a MAGA hat!

That’s the way the world works. Married with Children had advertisers who were in and then out and then back in from time to time depending on the controversies ongoing in the media. And that is just one example.

It happens to most TV and Radio shows. They have to moderate their shows to placate the advertisers. And even other private events could be used to cause problems for your company.

We all do it. Even here. We label ever Democrat as in cahoots with Nancy Pelosi and Biden. Even if they are far more moderate. We join every Republican to Trump and the insane right. Even if they are more reasonable.

That is the way the world works. We can decry it. Or we can accept that is the reality we live in. Not much of a choice to me. I prefer reality to fantasy. I prefer truth to lies.

So it is incredibly arrogant to demand that Twitter commit corporate suicide to placate some idiots who are just trying to stir up trouble. It’s far better to get rid of the idiots and save the company instead of some anarchist dolts.

No one is silencing you. You can't play nice in the sandbox. You repeat lies. You spread misinformation. And then fucking bitch about private companies who make their own rules.

WAAHHH!!...why can't I LIE with impugnity??!! :auiqs.jpg:
Impugnity??? :laughing0301:

Im-pug-ni-ty?? :laughing0301:

Last edited:
I was just thinking about this now that Elon Musk officially bought Twitter. I don't want them silenced altogether, I just want them stopped from silencing us.

Libel and slander are civil matters to be determined by the courts. Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, instagram, tweet village, blabber square, or none of them websites have the capacity or obligation to rule in these matters.

You can always silence an opponent by using the liar liar pants on fire excuse. I believe in free speech. Lies should run rampant. It’s not a big deal. The truth should run rampant too. If you take on the authority to silence lies you can deliberately or accidentally silence the truth along with it. Very few people accept free speech for what it is. I expect liberals will be silenced for “lies” even though twitter has no possible way to know if it is a lie or not.

Forum List

Back