Yeppers, EV's are TAKING over..........NOT

I had to dumb it down to your level.
Given the propensity of some that consistently post really stupid posts usually phrased to pick a food fight, I've found I have to explain everything I post because they either don't get it or pretend they don't get it. What do you think? Too much CNN? Or is it the water they drink?

And they all pile in with the same kinds of stupidity trying to derail the thread.

Meanwhile thank you for an interesting topic. There are so many many reasons that the government should have stayed out of the green energy business and allowed the free market to handle it, and a completely impractical EV for the vast majority of the citizens is probably at the top of the list.

Last edited:
Ford lost 2 billion last year, and will lose 3 billion this year, mainly thanks to their huge investment in EV's.

lDlOTIC HEADLINE FROM DISHONEST and STUPID POSTER.

Ford selling to cheap to get market share/losing money does NOT have to do with the Health of the EV Market.

2022 was a BOOMING Market for EVs

""The US Electric Vehicle market almost Doubled last year, with BEV registrations surging to 5.6% of light-vehicle registrations, compared to 3.1% in 2021.

New electric vehicle registrations numbered 756,534 in 2022 (+57 percent)
Experian data cited by Automotive News shows. Interestingly, the Spectacular Growth of the EV market occurred as the overall light-vehicle market saw an 11 Percent Drop in registrations to 13.6 million...."

`

Last edited:
lDlOTIC HEADLINE FROM DISHONEST and STUPID POSTER.

Ford selling to cheap to get market share/losing money does NOT have to do with the Health of the EV Market.

2022 was a BOOMING Market for EVs

""The US Electric Vehicle market almost Doubled last year, with BEV registrations surging to 5.6% of light-vehicle registrations, compared to 3.1% in 2021.

New electric vehicle registrations numbered 756,534 in 2022 (+57 percent)
Experian data cited by Automotive News shows. Interestingly, the Spectacular Growth of the EV market occurred as the overall light-vehicle market saw an 11 Percent Drop in registrations to 13.6 million...."

`
:itsok: :itsok: :itsok: :itsok:

Given the propensity of some that consistently post really stupid posts usually phrased to pick a food fight, I've found I have to explain everything I post because they either don't get it or pretend they don't get it. What do you think? Too much CNN? Or is it the water they drink?

And they all pile in with the same kinds of stupidity trying to derail the thread.

Meanwhile thank you for an interesting topic. There are so many many reasons that the government should have stayed out of the green energy business and allowed the free market to handle it, and a completely impractical EV for the vast majority of the citizens is probably at the top of the list.
Did the Ford Mustang response trigger you too? It was posted because not only does Ford lose money on a single product, but with multiples. Now some poster comes in to get political about it and defend the defenseless.

Last edited:
For you. And of course you found Ford's media to bullshit you. When you searched, did you happen to find where Ford MACH E and the ICE Mustang sales are lagging? Of course you did but took the cherry picking article that you hoped would make you sound knowledged.
Some people are smart enough to stop digging once they can't see out of the hole, but for others you have to dumb it down. :)

The 2023 Ford Mustang's #1 ranking is based on its score within the Sports Cars category. Currently the Ford Mustang has a score of 9.2 out of 10, which is based on our evaluation of 46 pieces of research and data elements using various sources.
--#1 in Sports Cars
--#1 in Convertibles

Last edited:
And like the hack you are, you zeroed straight in on Trump, while ignoring that the entirety of the permanent administrative class had already been subsidizing them for years.

Sure.

Some people are smart enough to stop digging once they can't see out of the hole, but for others you have to dumb it down. :)

The 2023 Ford Mustang's #1 ranking is based on its score within the Sports Cars category. Currently the Ford Mustang has a score of 9.2 out of 10, which is based on our evaluation of 46 pieces of research and data elements using various sources.
--#1 in Sports Cars
--#1 in Convertibles

9341.jpeg
2016... Hah!

Does that tell me why sales are down for the Mustang at present? No it does not. Good try, but your attempt to soothe your ego has been put down.

2016... Hah!

Does that tell me why sales are down for the Mustang at present? No it does not. Good try, but your attempt to soothe your ego has been put down.
Yes I took that off. It was from a 2023 reference but I saw it was 2016 and I can't get past their pay wall for current statistics.

I can't find anywhere that Ford Sales are down though except on their EVs and as the OP said, they are taking a beating with those. All other product lines are up.

". . .The EV segment was the only unprofitable business unit, with revenue reaching $41.5 billion overall, up 20% from a year ago and beating expectations. . ."

So again, how deep are you going to dig that hole?

Yes I took that off. It was from a 2023 reference but I saw it was 2016 and I can't get past their pay wall for current statistics.

I can't find anywhere that Ford Sales are down though except on their EVs and as the OP said, they are taking a beating with those. All other product lines are up.

". . .The EV segment was the only unprofitable business unit, with revenue reaching $41.5 billion overall, up 20% from a year ago and beating expectations. . ."

So again, how deep are you going to dig that hole?
Oh, come off your high fn horse. You stepped in your own dog shit, too.

Oh, come off your high fn horse. You stepped in your own dog shit, too.
Did I? What have I said I didn't back up? What have you said that you have backed up?

I posted a graph I thought was more recent and admitted the error. But the graph was not wrong for the year it represented. And, based on the information I linked or this year, I imagine Statistas 2023 graph doesn't look a lot different from 2016.

Joe Biden poured the EV Koolaid and now Ford is taking a bath in it! Who in their right mind would spend $99,000 on a PU? Is this what the working consumer wants? Ford had a better idea, too bad no one wants it. Soon, Ford will have to sell themselves to the Chinese who will figure out how to make the company profitable again! :laughing0301:
GM is already going in that direction

Forum List

Back