Yelp etc. ratings suck.

Sure it does, as long as it has eggs it's carbonara.

No. There is no cream.
Lol, ok. I'll be sure to tell my cousins in Sicily that next time I talk to them.

You do that, sweet pea. We can have some type of swinging dick contest between your cousins and my cousins that are also in Italy.

That was some asstardian shit.
I agree completely, why did you start it?

I didn't start it. I simply corrected you. Authentic carbonara sauce does not contain cream. The creaminess comes from the cheese. I don't need to call relatives in Italy.
I disagree but I'm not going to continue this.

Have a nice day.

Maybe you're the problem.

You tell me.... Carbonara that had peas, mushrooms and cream...and fettuccine noodles.
Carbonara is the sauce which is often but not always made with cream and can be served over may types of noodles. Peas are a bit unconventional but not unheard of and mushrooms are common.

Sounds to me like you are just being picky.

Not when in their name is "Authentic Italian".
Most chefs will give a pass on cream, though prefer it without. Peas and mushrooms absolutely not.
This had so much cream that it was basically a tasteless Alfredo.

Time after time we go to a supposedly high rated local restaurant when traveling, and the food sucks.
This time it was an Italian place, 3rd generation owners. Surely it is at least decent.... wrong.
Yelp etc. need to be disbanded. There is no f*cking way this place, like many others gets all these 5 star ratings.

I never trust anyone on Italian food. It may very well be the best Italian food ever eaten by that individual if every thing eaten before that moment came from a pizza joint. They aren't going to recognize regional differences.

Please note that we live in a country that if you put a can of chili's into anything then it's Mexican. If you add Mozzarella or a tomato to something, it's Italian.

It is really hard to go out to eat if you cook a lot or if you are unimpressed with mediocrity. I don't leave reviews on Yelp. I do leave them elsewhere. I try to identify something good about a restaurant first, then the bad, then the ugly. I try not to penalize the servers if the issue is the food.

Absolutely.
I cook a lot, and if I say so myself... very good at it.
On one hand it was my fault for not reading the description which clearly says "Peas and mushrooms". However it also stated "egg cream sauce". Which is a lie. Egg cream sauce doesn't have cream in it.
When I make Carbonara I take 4 eggs, use only the yolks from two and the full other two eggs. Take about a cup 1/2 of the hot pasta water, and vigorously whisk while slowly pouring in the eggs to prevent any clumping so the eggs/water become like cream. I then put in the spaghetti and stir well, add maybe a half cup of shaved Parmesan. That makes the sauce.

Forum List

Back