Xtian vs. Christian

Jake, Lets get together and play a board game. I challenge you to a game of Bible Baffle. See if you can win, Jake.

Not scared are you?

Come on Jake, lets play game and see if you can beat me.

Chuck

Chuck and Jeri, this is not about games. It is about salvation. Tend to yours, please, before counseling others.

What Church is going to give you references, Jake?
What is your Christian resume Jake?
What have you ever written, Jake?
What Christian debates have you ever won, Jake?

You haven't given me the gospel, Jake.

I call Jesus "Lord" and He calls me by my first name.

You have given no authority to ask such questions, Chuck. Tend to your business, please.

And this is why I generally avoid the Religion forum...

All I intended was to provide a little background, a little history, on the use of the "X" in place of "Christ" and we wind up with a pissing contest...

Probably should have started this thread in the History forum...

You would have been pursued there as well, hjmick.

An excellent thread here. Thank you.

Jeri, you walk in the light you have, and you do judge (assess, if you like) by that light. You have only a portion of the light. You will gain more in time.

Go in peace.

I do not judge those in the world or the backsliders ( outside the church ), Starkey. That is done by others who judge women by their Avatars. Ahem... :eusa_angel:

Which brings me to this question. How can you know what is in their hearts and who they are by their Avatars? If that isn't being judgmental I do not know what is! God does not judge someone by their clothing or by their Avatar, or by their appearance or by an outer thing! God looks upon the heart! I will be delighted when you and your friend Alfalfa figure out what that means!!! God loves you, God loves Alfalfa but your hypocrisy is astonishing! Truly! I say that in love! Have a look in the mirror, friend!

If you look up 'hypocrisy' in the dictionary, Jake's picture is there. ;)

And this is why I generally avoid the Religion forum...

All I intended was to provide a little background, a little history, on the use of the "X" in place of "Christ" and we wind up with a pissing contest...

Probably should have started this thread in the History forum...

I think that is why God won't allow sin in His house because the opposition is in direct opposition to what God wants.

Someone tries to give people the gospel so they will live for eternity and other people are hostile. Imagine that. What you get is birth pains because anytime someone wants to be born again, there are going to be birth pains.

Chuck and Jeri, this is not about games. It is about salvation. Tend to yours, please, before counseling others.

What Church is going to give you references, Jake?
What is your Christian resume Jake?
What have you ever written, Jake?
What Christian debates have you ever won, Jake?

You haven't given me the gospel, Jake.

I call Jesus "Lord" and He calls me by my first name.

You have given no authority to ask such questions, Chuck. Tend to your business, please.

Your talk is cheap, Jake. If you had credibility, you could have presented it. If you thought you could win at what you claim to know then you would have played me at Bible Baffle and I would have cooked you cheese stakes or treated you to lunch or something.

hjmick said:
And this is why I generally avoid the Religion forum...All I intended was to provide a little background, a little history, on the use of the "X" in place of "Christ" and we wind up with a pissing contest...Probably should have started this thread in the History forum...

If you know other historical facts on Christianity and are interested in posting them, I would read the material. I enjoy both subjects.

K

I learned a lot from this when I was on the way out of Christianity and started asking questions:

This Awareness suggest, there is a book by Loyd Graham titled Deceptions and Myths in the Bible; that this book goes into the origin of the stories that have been related in the Old Testament, especially in the Old Testament, which were literally taken, in many cases word for word, or concept for concept from earlier writings. For example, the story of Noah and his four sons having been taken from writings which long predated the stories in the Old Testament and which used terms and names for the sons which were identical to those reported in the Old testament.

This Awareness indicates that the story of Moses as having been stolen from a Syrian myth that had come down in relation to an entity names Misis. This Awareness indicates that a great number of the stories within the Old Testament were simply the result of the Hebrew priests attempting to create a set of myths and stories by which they could organize their own religion, their own philosophy, in order to forma more cohesive society in those days. This Awareness indicates that the works of Loyd Graham go deeply into finding these earlier stories from Babylon, which was the source of the story of the garden of Eden, through Syrian and other cultures and Indian records and stories of India.

This Awareness indicates that even the New Testament is assembled from patterns related to stories taken from earlier sources, such as Zoroastrian, Mithrain, Krishna, Buddhism, and Egyptian, and others, in which many verses are literally paraphrasing earlier writings, and many of the stories attributed to the story of Jesus, were lifted directly out of these other writings. The story of Jesus at the well, as one which was taken from earlier writings. This Awareness indicates that it is of importance that entities realize the origins of the Bible did not come from the pen of God, but came from the earlier writings in different cultures and nations at the time these Hebrew priests put this work together. This Awareness indicates that these countries who were plagiarized then became labeled as heathen, -nations whose philosophies were heathenistic, but this was only after their stories had been stolen.

Read more:

I don't normally post in the religion forum, I certainly don't start threads here... usually... I don't really have much interest in religion one way or the other.

But I saw a comment in a now locked thread in the badlands that, as a lover of history, I found curious:

Using the term 'xtian" rather than "Christian" (the proper term) is also employing hate speech and propaganda to marginalize and demean Christians.

I was somewhat surprised that a person of faith would be offended by the substitution of "Christ" for "X." The only reasoning I can think of for such offense is a lack of awareness as to the history of the use of "X" in place of "Christ."

Ive seen some people say Writing Xmas is trying to eliminate Christ from Christmas. Ive also heard similar things about using Xtian. This seems to me to be incredibly fearful, as well as ignorant of history. I dont think there is anyone alive today that doesnt know Xmas is an abbreviation for Christmas, which contains the word Christ. This is not a new movement to hide Christ. This abbreviation has been around a very long time.

The labarum, often called the Chi-Rho, is a Christian symbol representing Christ. It is a symbol comprised of our letters X and P, which in Greek are the first two letters of Christ. This symbol has been around, and directly representative of Christ, since at least the 4th century. There have also been numerous versions of ichthys symbols since the first century, all representing Jesus. Ichthys is Greek for fish, but in their alphabet it looks like ΙΧΘΥΣ. It is an acrostic for Jesus Christ, Gods son, savior and writing it, or one of its symbols, has always identified someone as Christian. It was often shortened to simply X, as the X was the letter in the ichthys that represented Christs name, and the letter is also reminiscent of a cross.

In short, if people want to be offended, they will always find a way. But this one, it's a bit of a stretch for me...

I was always under the impression that a Xtian meant you were a Christian at one time but not anymore. I consider my self an Xtian.

Xians was originally a Chinese slang term for believers in monotheistic religions, i.e. Christian , Jewish, and Muslim sects. It has been adopted as a shorthand for Christians in English, and is usually used as a form of sarcastic reference mocking the 'new atheist' ranters and assorted sexual deviants frothing lunacy. It was a term in use in the Asian Chinese press for a long time before it found its way into western English slang. Don't recall the 't' being used, though, probably a typo that went viral in some quarters, since I don't see it except rarely.

Forum List

Back