Wyoming welder faces $75,000 a day in EPA fines for building pond on his property

If this guy was a big Dear Leader/Democrat contributor, this wouldn't even be an issue. He'd have his pond and that would be that. But he's not, so Obama's Gestapo goons will continue to harass him. It's despicable. It's the 'Chicago Way.'

It's Obama's now because he's the President but this is nothing new. The EPA has been out of control like this for a long time. It was as bad 10 years ago under Bush.

All Andy Johnson wanted to do was build a stock pond on his sprawling eight-acre Wyoming farm. He and his wife Katie spent hours constructing it, filling it with crystal-clear water, and bringing in brook and brown trout, ducks and geese. It was a place where his horses could drink and graze, and a private playground for his three children

But instead of enjoying the fruits of his labor, the Wyoming welder says he was harangued by the federal government, stuck in what he calls a petty power play by the Environmental Protection AgencyHe claims the agency is now threatening him with civil and criminal penalties – including the threat of a $75,000-a-day fine.

Wyoming welder faces $75,000 a day in EPA fines for building pond on his property | Fox News

Fuck the EPA, Fuck the Gov.
you really don't think anyone is interested in what a paid poster has to say do you ???

Water is a big deal through out the west. Western Washington State is largely desert.

wa.gif

You mean central Washington. Western is like a rainforest.

Sent from my iPhone using the tears of Raider's fans.

My bad

My bad<-------<<<<< NO ! just STUPID !! :lmao:

All Andy Johnson wanted to do was build a stock pond on his sprawling eight-acre Wyoming farm. He and his wife Katie spent hours constructing it, filling it with crystal-clear water, and bringing in brook and brown trout, ducks and geese. It was a place where his horses could drink and graze, and a private playground for his three children

But instead of enjoying the fruits of his labor, the Wyoming welder says he was harangued by the federal government, stuck in what he calls a petty power play by the Environmental Protection AgencyHe claims the agency is now threatening him with civil and criminal penalties – including the threat of a $75,000-a-day fine.

Wyoming welder faces $75,000 a day in EPA fines for building pond on his property | Fox News

you really don't think anyone is interested in what a paid poster has to say do you ???

Do you have proof he is a paid poster or the subject just to tough for you?

Paid poster? From where did you get that information?

Do you have proof he is a paid poster or the subject just to tough for you?

Walking and chewing gum has not yet been mastered by biwweee.

Was curious about the source; didn't see it listed anywhere previously in the thread:::::::::

I'm not attacking the guy. I do find it hard to believe that the EPA jus decided to slam some guy who apparently has no political history or history of activism in the middle of Wyoming. But be that as it may....

If the dam is on his land, the pond is on his land, and the outflow back to the stream is on his land and nobody down stream is suffering any injury due to this...I don't see a problem with what he is doing

you are becoming a great back pedaler..., back pedal..., back pedal..., back pedal..., back pedal. :up: ... :lmao:

Fuck you. Said the same thing 3 pages ago shit brains.
He got ya good...Made you snap....Good. There is nothing more fun than watching one of you libs spit chewed nails..
Hey candy....You're easy.
Here's a steak for that black eye he gave you.....Happy swelling.

How did the EPA find out?

I would imagine when he built the dam it pissed off the property owners downstream and they wanted the laws enforced to protect their property rights.

So who gets down stream water rights? If the people down stream think they own it, and the next person below them thinks they own it this could really go down stream to Mexico owning it.

So who has the rights?
I want these libs to feast on this.
Suppose that creek begins as a spring on private property.
The owner has the right to dig a depression and create a pond on HIS land from HIS spring.

The Federal government has no authority to run an Environmental Protection Agency. This should be changed, and a Constitutional Amendment enacted to give them the power to set up and run an EPA.

The purpose of the amendment, is to LIMIT what the EPA can do: Arbit disputes over pollution travelling from state to state or across international borders, and not much else. This will prevent the EPA from being the gargantuan, out-of-control agency it is today, trying to control a pond in the middle of nowhere on private property etc. Things happening within a state's borders, are none of its business.

Funny how when someone posts about someone attacking someone you don't like you remember that there is a presumption of innocence, but you conveniently assume that anyone who supposedly breaks a law covered by the EPA he is automatically guilty and has to prove he is innocent.

Was curious about the source; didn't see it listed anywhere previously in the thread:::::::::

I'm not attacking the guy. I do find it hard to believe that the EPA jus decided to slam some guy who apparently has no political history or history of activism in the middle of Wyoming. But be that as it may....

If the dam is on his land, the pond is on his land, and the outflow back to the stream is on his land and nobody down stream is suffering any injury due to this...I don't see a problem with what he is doing

Why does the source matter to the presumption of innocence?

My problem with this story, is none mentions where he lives, and there is no local story on it. The only links you can find are biased stories put out by Fox or The Blaze.
And did he dam a creek? How did the EPA find out about his creek? And how is his pond feeding other waterways?
If senators and the state are on his side, he is probably in the right but where is all the info and other sources?

Aww, poor baby, this makes the government look bad, and that makes you feel bad.

My problem with this story, is none mentions where he lives, and there is no local story on it. The only links you can find are biased stories put out by Fox or The Blaze.

And did he dam a creek? How did the EPA find out about his creek? And how is his pond feeding other waterways?

If senators and the state are on his side, he is probably in the right but where is all the info and other sources?

I posted the story using a link from the local newspaper. Google is your friend.

And once again, a liberal not liking the facts of the story, attacks the source in attempt to discredit the story.

I did google.
And did you miss my last statement? Where I said he was probably right? I am sorry I don't make up my mind based on one source that doesn't present all the facts.
In my eyes, stock bonds are important to farmers, but if he dammed a creek and that is why someone reported him to the EPA then I want to know before I make up my mind. Why do conservatives assume so much, especially when I haven't stated I am against this man?

What makes you think someone reported him to the EPA? Is it remotely possible that the EPA was going through all the permits issued by the state and decided to jump in to this one because they didn't have a corresponding permit themselves and got their panties in a wad?

You didnt include the "why". I guess to get a knee jerk reaction but the EPA should leave them alone

it's in the article

The government says he violated the Clean Water Act by building a dam on a creek without a permit from the Army Corps of Engineers. Further, the EPA claims that material from his pond is being discharged into other waterways. Johnson says he built a stock pond -- a man-made pond meant to attract wildlife -- which is exempt from Clean Water Act regulations.

so now the government wants us to have the army build ponds, who the fuck are these retards in charge of the EPA? Get rid of this shitty agency.

Whose water is it? Surely, it doesn't belong to the EPA or the Corps of Engineers. Has any downstream landowner with a superior water right protested his pond?

BTW, just because someone else has rights to the water, the landowner has the right to prevent erosion of his land, and that sometimes requires dams to stop the erosion.

How did the EPA find out?

I would imagine when he built the dam it pissed off the property owners downstream and they wanted the laws enforced to protect their property rights.

WHAT DAM? Do you have a picture of this dam? Why are you assuming the guy did something illegal? Wouldn't someone who actually seeks truth approach this wanting to see actual evidence of a dam before they started to assess the culpability of someone for building it?

So who gets down stream water rights? If the people down stream think they own it, and the next person below them thinks they own it this could really go down stream to Mexico owning it.

So who has the rights?

I would say they all have a right to the free flow of water and reasonable use of that water. Putting up a dam is unreasonable (IMO) but that is why we have laws.

Tell me something, if he actually built a dam, why isn't the Corps of Engineers demanding he remove it? Aren't they the ones that are in charge of dams? Could they have actually sent someone out to look, figured out that it wasn't a dam, and left him alone? Why is it the EPA that is making noise?

When I first saw the story (and heard about it from Mark Levin), I have to admit that the first thing that went through my mind was the following: I can't remember one SINGLE time, going back years, when I've seen a story like this that was pushed by conservatives that wasn't either a lie, a misrepresentation, an exaggeration, or tha otherwise left out pertinent facts that completely changed the story to make it either innocuous, understandable, or even justifiable.

Because of that history, it got to the point that I didn't even bother to research the story or look into the details because I just figured I would see the same ol' thing as I always have. So it was with this story...until I saw it here.

Just on the off chance that there might be some truth to part of the story, I decided to click on the link, although I figured that was only the first step, and I would ultimately have to go elsewhere than FOX to get important details that were either conveniently not included or intentionally omitted from the FOX story. So, imagine my amazement when I discovered that the headline wasn't even accurate since building the stock pond doesn't even appear to be the issue. The issue is damming the creek AND the runoff from the pond. But I'm not amazed at what I found; I expected the story to be a misrepresentation. I'm just amazed that I didn't have to search further to get the real story.

Which leads me to another issue. Anyone in the semi-arid West (and probably in the East, as well) knows, or should know, that you can't just simply decide on your own to dam up a creek that crosses your land when that creek also provides water to other landowners. Hell, if this guy had done something like this back in the 1880s, he'd be lucky if the men downstream who owned farms and ranches didn't just storm his property and threaten to shoot him where he stood if he didn't remove that dam.

When I first saw the story (and heard about it from Mark Levin), I have to admit that the first thing that went through my mind was the following: I can't remember one SINGLE time, going back years, when I've seen a story like this that was pushed by conservatives that wasn't either a lie, a misrepresentation, an exaggeration, or tha otherwise left out pertinent facts that completely changed the story to make it either innocuous, understandable, or even justifiable.

Because of that history, it got to the point that I didn't even bother to research the story or look into the details because I just figured I would see the same ol' thing as I always have. So it was with this story...until I saw it here.

Just on the off chance that there might be some truth to part of the story, I decided to click on the link, although I figured that was only the first step, and I would ultimately have to go elsewhere than FOX to get important details that were either conveniently not included or intentionally omitted from the FOX story. So, imagine my amazement when I discovered that the headline wasn't even accurate since building the stock pond doesn't even appear to be the issue. The issue is damming the creek AND the runoff from the pond. But I'm not amazed at what I found; I expected the story to be a misrepresentation. I'm just amazed that I didn't have to search further to get the real story.

Which leads me to another issue. Anyone in the semi-arid West (and probably in the East, as well) knows, or should know, that you can't just simply decide on your own to dam up a creek that crosses your land when that creek also provides water to other landowners. Hell, if this guy had done something like this back in the 1880s, he'd be lucky if the men downstream who owned farms and ranches didn't just storm his property and threaten to shoot him where he stood if he didn't remove that dam.

And I find myself unamazed that, despite you managing to find absolute proof that the rancher is guilty as charged, you haven't provided any of that evidence to us to peruse.

By the way, if all these stories are lies, why does the EPA have such a shitty record in court?

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.town...c8-96c2a554bcb3/5327908250318.preview-300.jpg

I was also curious, having lived in Wyo for some time, so I found the casper star article. It too shows the story to be more much ado over nothing, beyond being fodder for the anti-epa clean water folks. There's a blurb about both senators urging epa to find a way to accommodate the guy.

If he wants a pond, and is willing to pay for it, I doubt anyone gives a prarie dog's azz so long as the water coming out of his pond is the same quality and the same amount of flow as it would be without his pond.

Forum List

Back