WW2 Battleship Missouri Sailor tells Obama to Shape Up or

To use a man like this who has actually served his country to push the Right Wingers points who have never served anything but their self interest, is too typical of those folks.:evil:

I admire his service, I don't his use of talking points.

When I post General Smedley Butler's comments (Twice Winner of the Medal of Honor) the right seems to ignore them since they don't agree with their point of view.

All fucking hypocrisy and using the troop/s to push their own agenda.

Want some cheese to go with that whine?

Prove that's a whine.

Now you want to argue over semantics? Well it may be the only way you can win an argument. But I'm not going to oblige you. Whether he quoted Obama exactly isn't the issue, the issue is that Obama and his wife did say things that a lot of Americans found disparaging.

You just said that "Obama and his wife did say those things about America."

OK, put up, Secesh Boy.

Yes I did and they did. Are you saying he didn't say any of those things? He never said "America's shown arrogance"? He never said that America "wasn't just a Christian nation"? That Michelle never said America was "just downright mean"? If that's what your saying then you've been living under a rock for the past year and a half.

all those things are true.

You would prefer they lied?

To use a man like this who has actually served his country to push the Right Wingers points who have never served anything but their self interest, is too typical of those folks.:evil:

I admire his service, I don't his use of talking points.

When I post General Smedley Butler's comments (Twice Winner of the Medal of Honor) the right seems to ignore them since they don't agree with their point of view.

All fucking hypocrisy and using the troop/s to push their own agenda.

Prove that's a whine.

Prove it, prove it, prove it..... ok.

Obama: U.S. "Not A Christian Nation" (VIDEO)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/barackobama/5101244/President-Barack-Obama-America-has-been-arrogant-and-dismissive.html

U.S. 'downright mean,' finds Michelle Obama

It's my opinion that rayboy is whining, of course you wouldn't recognize it as such.

Prove that's a whine.

This is what President Obama said: "One of the great strengths of the United States," the President said, "is ... we have a very large Christian population -- we do not consider ourselves a Christian nation or a Jewish nation or a Muslim nation. We consider ourselves a nation of citizens who are bound by ideals and a set of values."

He did NOT say " We're no longer a Christian nation" as Mr. Estes claims he did.

This is what President Obama said: "In America, there is a failure to appreciate Europe's leading role in the world. Instead of celebrating your dynamic union and seeking to partner with you to meet common challenges, there have been times where America has shown arrogance and been dismissive, even derisive."

He did NOT say " America is arrogant" as Mr. Estes claims he said.

(BTW...I see that arrogance and dismissiveness towards Europe, particularly France, ALL THE TIME on this message board...supported by many Right wing posters. Please don't insult our intelligences by pretending it isn't there.)

This is what First Lady Michelle Obama said: unfortunately YOUR link is blocked...here's what I found is that EVERY SINGLE LINK has the words "downright mean" separate from the commentary around it. Why do you think that is? And it's all blogs....Right wing blogs. Why do you think that is? Why don't we have a complete speech with the words before and after "downright mean"?

It's my opinion that rayboy is whining, of course you wouldn't recognize it as such.

OK, nice to know that that was JUST your opinion. Worthless.

Prove that's a whine.

This is what President Obama said: "One of the great strengths of the United States," the President said, "is ... we have a very large Christian population -- we do not consider ourselves a Christian nation or a Jewish nation or a Muslim nation. We consider ourselves a nation of citizens who are bound by ideals and a set of values."

He did NOT say " We're no longer a Christian nation" as Mr. Estes claims he did.

This is what President Obama said: "In America, there is a failure to appreciate Europe's leading role in the world. Instead of celebrating your dynamic union and seeking to partner with you to meet common challenges, there have been times where America has shown arrogance and been dismissive, even derisive."

(BTW...I see that arrogance and dismissiveness towards Europe, particularly France, ALL THE TIME on this message board...supported by many Right wing posters. Please don't insult our intelligences by pretending it isn't there.)

This is what First Lady Michelle Obama said: unfortunately YOUR link is blocked...here's what I found is that EVERY SINGLE LINK has the words "downright mean" separate from the commentary around it. Why do you think that is? And it's all blogs....Right wing blogs. Why do you think that is? Why don't we have a complete speech with the words before and after "downright mean"?

OK, nice to know that that was JUST your opinion. Priceless.

The man is 95 years old, so what he didn't give the exact quote! Damn you libidiots just won't admit that you voted in a retard!

The man is 95 years old, so what he didn't give the exact quote! Damn you libidiots just won't admit that you voted in a retard!

:lol: The pitiful deflecting is hilarious.

By the way, how is Obama "retarded"? And way to be insensitive.

Ah...now you are making excuses....he DID use the quotation markers, did he not? Apparently you are now admitting that he was working on false information. (Most likely false information fed to him by right wing pundits)

And I see that you have now resorted to silly name calling. :lol:

Sensitivity is for pussies. Obama is retarded in every possible way.

You've seen his IQ and school testing work-ups? I was not aware that "retarded" people make it thru college...let alone Harvard Law School.

An entirely new meaning of the term "retarded", I guess.

Didn't the poster "Old and Tired" come in once and act all indignant over a poster's use of the term "retarded"?

While I honor his service, let's be honest here....the America he fought for and defended would have had a cow over that black female chief standing next to him.

People like him fought and died so that that black female chief could stand next to him. Why are liberals so obessed with grabbing some fantasy moral highground? That highground was paid for by the blood of countless Americans - it is not yours.

Yes they did...but unintentionally. The Navy of the 40s was segregated and it wanted it that way. And, of course, women were not allowed to serve on ships until the late 70s.

As I said, I honor his service....but let's be real here...the guy is writing about how his country has changed, and not for the better, in his opinion. I'm just pointing out what his country was like in the 40s.

Buuuullll Crap.

Ever heard of the Grand Army of the Republic?

They were the first American Veterans Organization.

Emerging most powerful among the various organizations was the Grand Army of the Republic (GAR) founded in Decatur, Illinois on April 6, 1866 by Benjamin F. Stephenson. The league promoted voting rights for black veterans by extolling their demonstrated patriotism. Black veterans, who enthusiastically embraced the message of equality, shunned black veterans' organizations in preference for racially inclusive groups. The GAR initially grew and prospered as a de facto political arm of the Republican Party during the heated political contests of the Reconstruction.​

The GAR was one of the first and largest desegregated organization of the pre-civil rights era.

Black and white united in comradeship and comaradery...and that was 1866.

Last edited:
People like him fought and died so that that black female chief could stand next to him. Why are liberals so obessed with grabbing some fantasy moral highground? That highground was paid for by the blood of countless Americans - it is not yours.

Yes they did...but unintentionally. The Navy of the 40s was segregated and it wanted it that way. And, of course, women were not allowed to serve on ships until the late 70s.

As I said, I honor his service....but let's be real here...the guy is writing about how his country has changed, and not for the better, in his opinion. I'm just pointing out what his country was like in the 40s.

Buuuullll Crap.

Emerging most powerful among the various organizations was the Grand Army of the Republic (GAR) founded in Decatur, Illinois on April 6, 1866 by Benjamin F. Stephenson. The league promoted voting rights for black veterans by extolling their demonstrated patriotism. Black veterans, who enthusiastically embraced the message of equality, shunned black veterans' organizations in preference for racially inclusive groups. The GAR initially grew and prospered as a de facto political arm of the Republican Party during the heated political contests of the Reconstruction.​

The GAR was the the one of the first and largest desegregated organization of the pre-civil rights era.

And what happened after that? Are you saying that after 1866, inter racial relations in the military stayed the same or only got better? Is that what you really want to say?

Buuuullll Crap.

The GAR was the the one of the first and largest desegregated organization of the pre-civil rights era.

And what happened after that? Are you saying that after 1866, inter racial relations in the military stayed the same or only got better? Is that what you really want to say?

I'm saying whether soldier, sailor or marine, in wartime it's always been what's on the inside that is far more important than what's on the outside.

That has been the case in every American military engagement from the Civil War to Afghanistan.

Last edited:
Buuuullll Crap.

I'm saying whether soldier, sailor or marine, in wartime it's always been what's on the inside that is far more important than what's on the outside.

That has been the case in every American military engagement from the Civil War to Afghanistan.

In reality, what you say is true....however, our history is also full of stories of official discrimination against blacks, women, other minorities in the military. Do you know that during the Rev. War and the War of 1812, blacks were offered freedom to fight and after the wars were over, shuffled right back to slavery? That during WWII, Korea, Viet Nam gay soldiers served with the tacit understanding of their superiors...until the wars were over then they were dumped.

The integrated military as we know it did not exist til the late 1940s and it (and the country) was dragged into integration kicking and screaming. Women serving as Line Officers on ships and female Line CPOs didn't start happening until the late 70s and again, the military and our country had to be dragged into it kicking and screaming.

I don't know if Mr Estes personally believed in segregation and keeping women from the fleet when he served....and I'm sure he doesn't believe it now...he looks very proud standing next to that female chief. But, there is no denying that America would have had a cow with such a scene in the 1940s. For anyone to deny that? ...they are very ignorant or very dishonest with us.

It is really good. And this gentleman says it just like it is. He served on the Battleship Missouri.
http://www.navsource.org/archives/01/01631h.jpg

estes.jpg

This venerable and much honored WW II vet is well known in Hawaii for his seventy-plus years of service to patriotic organizations and causes all over the country.
A humble man without a political bone in his body, he has never spoken out before about a government official, until now.
He dictated this letter to a friend, signed it and mailed it to the president.

Dear President Obama,

My name is Harold Estes, approaching 95 on December 13 of this year. People meeting me for the first time don't believe my age because I remain wrinkle free and pretty much mentally alert.

I enlisted in the U.S. Navy in 1934 and served proudly before, during and after WW II retiring as a Master Chief Bos'n Mate. Now I live in a "rest home" located on the western end of Pearl Harbor , allowing me to keep alive the memories of 23 years of service to my country.

One of the benefits of my age, perhaps the only one, is to speak my mind, blunt and direct even to the head man.

So here goes.

I am amazed, angry and determined not to see my country die before I do, but you seem hell bent not to grant me that wish.

I can't figure out what country you are the president of. You fly around the world telling our friends and enemies despicable lies like: " We're no longer a Christian nation" " America is arrogant" - (Your wife even announced to the world," America is mean- spirited. " Please tell her to try preaching that nonsense to 23 generations of our war dead buried all over the globe who died for no other reason than to free a whole lot of strangers from tyranny and hopelessness.) I'd say shame on the both of you, but I don't think you like America, nor do I see an ounce of gratefulness in anything you do, for the obvious gifts this country has given you. To be without shame or gratefulness is a dangerous thing for a man sitting in the White House.

After 9/11 you said," America hasn't lived up to her ideals."

Which ones did you mean? Was it the notion of personal liberty that 11,000 farmers and shopkeepers died for to win independence from the British? Or maybe the ideal that no man should be a slave to another man, that 500,000 men died for in the Civil War? I hope you didn't mean the ideal 470,000 fathers, brothers, husbands, and a lot of fellas I knew personally died for in WWII, because we felt real strongly about not letting any nation push us around, because we stand for freedom.

I don't think you mean the ideal that says equality is better than discrimination. You know the one that a whole lot of white people understood when they helped to get you elected.

Take a little advice from a very old geezer, young man.

Shape up and start acting like an American. If you don't, I'll do what I can to see you get shipped out of that fancy rental on Pennsylvania Avenue . You were elected to lead not to bow, apologize and kiss the hands of murderers and corrupt leaders who still treat their people like slaves.

And just who do you think you are telling the American people not to jump to conclusions and condemn that Muslim major who killed 13 of his fellow soldiers and wounded dozens more. You mean you don't want us to do what you did when that white cop used force to subdue that black college professor in Massachusetts , who was putting up a fight? You don't mind offending the police calling them stupid but you don't want us to offend Muslim fanatics by calling them what they are, terrorists.

One more thing. I realize you never served in the military and never had to defend your country with your life, but you're the Commander-in-Chief now, son. Do your job. When your battle-hardened field General asks you for 40,000 more troops to complete the mission, give them to him. But if you're not in this fight to win, then get out. The life of one American soldier is not worth the best political strategy you're thinking of.

You could be our greatest president because you face the greatest challenge ever presented to any president. You're not going to restore American greatness by bringing back our bloated economy. That's not our greatest threat. Losing the heart and soul of who we are as Americans is our big fight now. And I sure as hell don't want to think my president is the enemy in this final battle.

Sincerely, Harold B. Estes

:clap2::clap2: Excellent!!!! Excellent!!!! I agree, with my old Sailor Friend and fellow Vet. Thanks for the post!!!!

Which means that you believe America circa 1939 was a racist nation
Well duh. Didn't we all have different water fountains to use because the progressive non-racists were afraid of inciting the racists to revolution if suddenly blacks could sit next to them in a bar?

Heck, we were even a bit anti-jew if I recall.

When your battle-hardened field General asks you for 40,000 more troops to complete the mission, give them to him. But if you're not in this fight to win, then get out. The life of one American soldier is not worth the best political strategy you're thinking of.
Guess when that battle hardened field general and hero of two wars wanted to nuke China we should have listened to him?

Admittedly its easy to fine pick written comments, but hey, this is a political discussion form and the fella did write the letter to a politician so I'm up for debating him.

Ah...now you are making excuses....he DID use the quotation markers, did he not? Apparently you are now admitting that he was working on false information. (Most likely false information fed to him by right wing pundits)

And I see that you have now resorted to silly name calling. :lol:

Excuses? The man is 95 years old that's not an excuse, that's a fact. Try defending what Obama said instead of arguing over semantics. I've been calling dumbasses like you silly names since the day I could talk. If you don't like being called an idiot then wise up.

Sensitivity is for pussies. Obama is retarded in every possible way.

You've seen his IQ and school testing work-ups? I was not aware that "retarded" people make it thru college...let alone Harvard Law School.

An entirely new meaning of the term "retarded", I guess.

No I haven't seen his IQ but I think it's around 70. And I'm pretty sure his school records have been sealed.

Forum List

Back