WTF?!

Dude, there is cause and effect. I have not exonerated Garrett in any way. I'm saying that the catalyst
to Rudolph's helmet being ripped off was when he went for Garrett's helmet, and I've shown YOU the vid that shows
Rudolph culpability to what went down. That wasn't by accident what Rudolph did. He should be fined.
Make all the excuses you want, you've shown that it's what you do.
This conversation is over between the two of us.

You don't KNOW that! You don't know it wasn't an accident! Why do you keep insisting something you don't know? And I have all the vid there is, the actual game, and whether his hands on Garrett's head precipitated anything that followed is IMMATERIAL when all of that was precipitated by Garrett's many hard takedowns, very late hit, roughing the passer and driving Rudolph's face into the ground holding his arms to his sides started it all in the first place!

Your argument is like your driving into my car head on, ejecting me out through my windshield then blaming me for breaking your windshield with my body!

Everything here was Garrett's fault. Period. I wouldn't even fine Pouncey for defending his QB, I commend him. It's only too bad some of his blows didn't really land. Rudolph will not be suspended. I doubt he will even be fined. And when the Steelers play those Brown Turds again in 14 days, they are going to plaster their shit brown asses all over the field.

None of us KNOW what any of the players intended. What we can SEE, however, is that first Rudolph tried to yank off Garrett's helmet, but was unsuccessful. Then Garrett successfully yanked off Rudolph's helmet. Then, of course, as Rudolph came back toward Garrett, Garrett swung the helmet and struck Rudolph in the head.

The only important point of contention here is that you seem to think Rudolph's hands getting Garrett's helmet twisted sideways and halfway off his head was some sort of completely unintentional, innocent accident.

WE don't know that at all. All we know is that Rudolph was trying to defend himself against a totally late and unnecessary hit in a game that was over and the Browns had already won, which is what makes it totality stupid. Why were the Steelers even running a passing play? What was the point? Just one more stupid thing in a totally stupid game that was full of head-hunting apparently because of some dumb yawning comment Tomlin made last summer which Odell Beckham took personally and apparently compelled the entire Browns team to prove him wrong and to set straight something like a 15 year losing history to the Steelers.

Rudolph had his hands all over the top of Garrett trying to find a way of controlling him. Garrett's helmet was temporarily pulled up on the back of his head for a split second, probably because he was trying to pull away from Rudolph while he still had his hand holding onto the back of it. Garrett's helmet was NEVER twisted sideways, Rudolph is supposed to get some sort of fine just to make everything look good and to placate all the hot heads out there, though it won't be much, and the final verdicts will be handed out Wednesday.

• Other than that, the Head Coach of the Browns totally blamed Garrett totally, not Rudolph.
  • The Browns QB totally blamed Garrett, not Rudolph.
  • GARRETT totally blames himself and not Rudolph.
  • And the fact that Rudolph is only getting a nominal fine and no suspension shows that the NFL agrees. Though Rudolph may have added to the event by fighting back and resisting, it was after all, totally defensive. No one made Garrett hit another player in the head with a weapon except Garrett. And for a late hit in a game that was essentially over that they had already won. :lmao:
And that pretty much says it all.

Last edited:
Each player is responsible for their own actions. Garrett was by far the worst of the bunch. None of that should be in dispute. Nor should the fact that Garrett had no excuse for hitting Rudolph in the head. I haven't argued those points at all.

However, the video evidence contradicts your claims about what Rudolph did to Garrett's helmet. For example:
myles-garrett-helmet-2.jpg

Rudolph has Garrett's helmet turned and halfway off his head.

Now that's not my picture, I just found it in a search. In watching the video of the play, and there's been multiple links to it in here, you can see it as it happens in slow motion. Rudolph seems to be pretty clearly retaliating against Garrett rather than trying to simply "defend himself," but however you want to describe it, he absolutely came close to pulling Garrett's helmet off before Garrett pulled his Rudolph's helmet off.

Each player is responsible for their own actions. Garrett was by far the worst of the bunch. None of that should be in dispute. Nor should the fact that Garrett had no excuse for hitting Rudolph in the head. I haven't argued those points at all.

However, the video evidence contradicts your claims about what Rudolph did to Garrett's helmet. For example:

Now that's not my picture, I just found it in a search. In watching the video of the play, and there's been multiple links to it in here, you can see it as it happens in slow motion. Rudolph seems to be pretty clearly retaliating against Garrett rather than trying to simply "defend himself," but however you want to describe it, he absolutely came close to pulling Garrett's helmet off before Garrett pulled his Rudolph's helmet off.

Don't make me laugh. If someone wanted to pull a helmet off, that is a pretty shitty way of trying to do it---- ---- with the palm of your hand on the ear? Isn't he kinda holding down the very strap that keeps the helmet on? You have any idea how easy it is to pull a helmet off if you just grab the back edge within inches of Rudolph's hand which he never touched? And a freeze frame doesn't show that an instant after this picture was taken, Rudolph totally let go of the head JUST AS THE HELMET WAS ABOUT TO POP LOOSE!

HELLUVA way to try to remove a helmet! And to what end? So Garrett could then bite Mason's fingers?! :auiqs.jpg::21: :badgrin: :auiqs.jpg:

Don't make me laugh. If someone wanted to pull a helmet off, that is a pretty shitty way of trying to do it---- ---- with the palm of your hand on the ear? Isn't he kinda holding down the very strap that keeps the helmet on? You have any idea how easy it is to pull a helmet off if you just grab the back edge within inches of Rudolph's hand which he never touched? And a freeze frame doesn't show that an instant after this picture was taken, Rudolph totally let go of the head JUST AS THE HELMET WAS ABOUT TO POP LOOSE!

HELLUVA way to try to remove a helmet! And to what end? So Garrett could then bite Mason's fingers?! :auiqs.jpg::21: :badgrin: :auiqs.jpg:

So because he failed to get the helmet off, he wasn't trying to get the helmet off? And what about your insistence that he never twisted the helmet sideways? Rudolph never got a good grip and his hand eventually slipped off, which was almost certainly why Garrett's helmet didn't actually get taken off of his head.

The freeze frame was simply to point out that yes, Rudolph got Garrett's helmet twisted sideways and yes, Rudolph got Garrett's helmet halfway off of his head. The video shows that Rudolph was clearly trying to pull the helmet off, but somehow you've decided that since he didn't get it done, he was some helpless, weak child desperately trying to find some way to control the beast on top of him.

To what end would he remove the helmet? Because he was pissed off and wanted to get at the asshole under it, maybe? Why doesn't that same question apply to Garrett?

Miles Garrett is saying Rudolph hurled a racist slur towards him prior to the helmet incident. Now of course I’m skeptical of the claim, because I’ve seen it far to often when a black person gets in trouble they’re defense is to make these types of false allegations. I’m not saying all black people do it, it’s just that I’ve seen it done in plenty of cases like this, and it’s hard to believe that a white player that plays with and against many other black players would use a racial slur during the course of a game. More importantly even if we give Garrett the benefit of the doubt and believe him that doesn’t nearly provide an excuse for hitting someone in the head with a helmet. It doesn’t justify or make the transgression any more acceptable.

Here we go, justice is finally served. Rudolph finally got his fine he justly deserved.
I was expecting a fine from day one on his role in the melee. Thank you NFL

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph didn’t get away without any punishment.

Rudolph was fined $50,000 for his role in a brawl that was the talk of the NFL world, according to NFL.com’s Ian Rapoport. Rudolph and Cleveland Browns defensive end Myles Garrett were involved in a fight late in a Nov. 14 game that immediately went down in sports infamy when Garrett ripped Rudolph’s helmet off and hit him in the head with it.
Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph reportedly fined $50,000 for role in infamous brawl

Forum List

Back