WTF, Whole Foods

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Whole Foods: "We Should Not Highlight Ramadan" - UPDATED - Houston Restaurants and Dining - Eating Our Words

A pioneering Ramadan marketing campaign at Whole Foods has turned into a headache thanks to a handful of vocal anti-Muslim bloggers. The Houston Press leaked an internal company email claiming “it would be best” if Whole Foods did not observe Ramadan in-store, leading to widespread blowback from angry customers who supported the promotion.

Several weeks ago, Whole Foods became the first major American supermarket chain to launch a Ramadan campaign, with a pilot, online-only marketing project conducted in collaboration with frozen food brand Saffron Road. The campaign is still taking place and has not been canceled, according to Liz Burkhart of Whole Foods. Burkhart added that it was “business as usual” for the promotion and that the company is excited about the promotion. Lisa Mabe, a spokesperson for Saffron Road, also confirms the campaign is still on.

According to the article, Whole Foods is still offering several lines of Halal food...

Kate here from Whole Foods. To set the record straight, Whole Foods Market is NOT cancelling our current halal promotion, which is centered around the timeframe of Ramadan. We invite shoppers seeking out not just halal certified products, but products that also meet our high quality standards to try Saffron Road and other regional offerings in our stores.
We never sent a communication from our headquarters requesting stores take down signs at all. We have 12 different operating regions and your reacted by sending out directions to promote Halal and not specifically Ramadan after some online negative comments and after viewing signage made by one individual at a store that didn't point to these products.

We're excited to be offering high quality halal products for our shoppers and we stand behind them and our promotion of them, just like we do with other seasonal and holiday products.

---

Is Whole Food Market hosting a campaign to celebrate Ramadan?

No. Whole Foods Market is not promoting Ramadan.

...so what's the problem?

"Whole Foods" is one of those overpriced, faggoty-ass high-end grocery stores where only the ultra-rich assholes shop. I'm not surprised they're pushing Muslim stuff. Just wait until a Muslim customer demands covered heads on female workers... crisis!

"Whole Foods" is one of those overpriced, faggoty-ass high-end grocery stores where only the ultra-rich assholes shop. I'm not surprised they're pushing Muslim stuff. Just wait until a Muslim customer demands covered heads on female workers... crisis!
Does that make me a faggoty ultra-rich asshole? I think so!

:D

I am simply amazed at how crazy and paranoid these Islanophobic people really are.

In reality, there isn't a nickel's worth of difference between Jewish kosher products and Halal products.

Basically, all either term means is that they don't have any pork or pork by-products in the food.

For years Muslims bought items at grocery stores that were on the Kosher shelves.

Now savvy marketers have figured out they could Increase their market share by selling Halal labeled products to Muslims.

Just basic business 101

But to the Muslim haters.

It's jihad and creeping sharia at the local grocery store. :eek:

Last edited:
I am simply amazed at how crazy and paranoid these Islanophobic people really are.

In reality, there isn't a nickel's worth of difference between Jewish kosher products and Halal products.

Basically, all either term means is that they don't have any pork or pork by-products in the food.

For years Muslims bought items at grocery stores that were on the Kosher shelves.

Now savvy marketers have figured out they could Increase their market share by selling Halal labeled products to Muslims.

Just basic business 101

But to the Muslim haters.

It's jihad and creeping sharia at the local grocery store. :eek:

Ssssssssssssssssssssomebody doesn't know his religion very well. Tsk, tsk. Did that madrassah you attended have low test scores, too? I'm beginning to think you're a real troll. There's more to kosher than just 'not having any pork by-product' in it. Your halal is not kosher.

But on the other hand; your Kosher is considered Halal

If you noticed I spoke in general terms and used the word " basically".

And was mainly referring to packaged and boxed products on the store shelves.

Of course I am well aware that in Leviticus.

There are prohibitions on certain animals and fish with no scales.

Plus, a Rabbi must be present to witness tthe slaughter of the animals and say a blessing to be certified as kosher.

Last edited:
Whole Foods: "We Should Not Highlight Ramadan" - UPDATED - Houston Restaurants and Dining - Eating Our Words

A pioneering Ramadan marketing campaign at Whole Foods has turned into a headache thanks to a handful of vocal anti-Muslim bloggers. The Houston Press leaked an internal company email claiming “it would be best” if Whole Foods did not observe Ramadan in-store, leading to widespread blowback from angry customers who supported the promotion.

Several weeks ago, Whole Foods became the first major American supermarket chain to launch a Ramadan campaign, with a pilot, online-only marketing project conducted in collaboration with frozen food brand Saffron Road. The campaign is still taking place and has not been canceled, according to Liz Burkhart of Whole Foods. Burkhart added that it was “business as usual” for the promotion and that the company is excited about the promotion. Lisa Mabe, a spokesperson for Saffron Road, also confirms the campaign is still on.

And your point is.... what?

are_you_jelly.jpg

Forum List

Back