wtf? kinder chemo is kicking my ass

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
i was switched from bcg....to epirubicin....first 3 rounds i just didnt feel good....they assure me...this wont cause any real side effects since it is just placed in my bladder....i feel like my ankles are mad pissed off marshmallows...and a general malaise....standing up seems to be iffy at first...

i realize the bcg shortage may have had a silver lining for me.....the epirubicin seems to work better for me....expect for feeling like shit for days....i take 3 rounds in 2 weeks....by the time i finish feeling like shit...the next round is up....okay i will stop whining...its working...that is all that matters...

but damn...i got all this stuff to do....but it all involves being upright....

i was switched from bcg....to epirubicin....first 3 rounds i just didnt feel good....they assure me...this wont cause any real side effects since it is just placed in my bladder....i feel like my ankles are mad pissed off marshmallows...and a general malaise....standing up seems to be iffy at first...

i realize the bcg shortage may have had a silver lining for me.....the epirubicin seems to work better for me....expect for feeling like shit for days....i take 3 rounds in 2 weeks....by the time i finish feeling like shit...the next round is up....okay i will stop whining...its working...that is all that matters...

Take care!

:smiliehug:

o thank you...sorry to whine....really

the ankles...why is it always the ankles...when your preggies...its the damn ankles that turn on you....and there is just so little you can do....but bitch and whine

lol o fuck me...my cell phone is 30 ft away and messages are coming in fast.....i know crawling...the dogs will just bum rush me and knock me over....marshmallow ankles here we go....if that damn message isnt important i will kill

Chemo can be some harsh stuff. It does to some degree reduce circulation. You can offset it a bit by standing in front of a counter and shifting your weight from side to side. That will increase blood flow to the LE's.

o thank you...sorry to whine....really

the ankles...why is it always the ankles...when your preggies...its the damn ankles that turn on you....and there is just so little you can do....but bitch and whine

No, you aren't whining at all.

You are dealing with a problem and by sharing it you halved it. Others may benefit too from what you shared.

Sorry to hear about your suffering. I have a Chief going through that. He's one of the toughest dudes you'll ever meet and he's suffering badly too. I'm glad it's working for you, and I pray for a speedy recovery.

quit smoking cigs.....that is my best advice and dont ignore blood in your urine.....and dont lend your grown ass kids money

no this was not a gift and it was made clear and i have given him 'gifts' during the lift of this loan....what a fool i was and am.....i cannot budget regular payments but can hit every hot spot....

just got off phone with friend who made it quite clear that anytime they put chemicals anywhere in your body....your body will react....she thinks more drugs to control the symptoms might help...i am gonna opt for just feeling like bad all day

Not my area f expertise, but would think as with any meds, there's a 'body getting used to it' period where you might feel off, but it passes once your body acclimates to it.

A friend of mine went through chemo for lung cancer.
It didnt bother her at all....until a week after she finished treatment,then it laid her up for a month.
Kinda weird how it affects everyone differently.

ahhh my friends have been calling seems they heard i was depressed....damn i need new friends...one suggested that i am simply being depressed from having chemo which reminds me i have cancer which reminds me that i fucked....i am so glad they called lol

This is why I'm not taking Chemo or Radiation, just using Nutrition. It was hard enough flushing out all the drugs and crappy food they gave me while I was in the Hospital.

By the way my latest Pathology Report shows no Recurrance or Residual Cancer.

19716-stay-strong-make-them-wonder-how-youre-still-smiling.png

Forum List

Back