Writers Strike Over (Actors still on strike).

Good news all around. The boards that govern the writers have approved the deal with studios. The rank and file still have to ratify the contracts of course but the foundation of any thing you see on a screen (of any quality) is back up and running as the rank and file can work during the interim.

The actors have actually expanded their strike to include video games. Many (if not most) of the voices you hear on video games are of Hollywood actors. The guy who played Abraham on The Walking Dead Michael Cudlitz is famous for his voiceovers

The good news is that when the SAG (Screen Actors Guild) members go back to work; they will have (hopefully) some good scripts. Now if only the studios and writers can agree to broaden the opportunities for all actors. Do we really need to see another Kevin Hart movie?

Details have not been released.
They were on strike?

The writing these days sucks. When I want to see a well written movie I watch some classics from the 40s through the 60s.
I could not agree more. Movies today are basically cartoons with cartoon CGI explosions every five minutes.

There are more explosions in a drama these days than a Road Runner cartoon.

A couple years ago I was an extra in "Dreamin' Wild". I was in a scene with Zooey Deschanel and Casey Affleck. Spent about 4 hours to shoot 30 seconds of finished scene.
I watched a movie crew setup in Times Square a few years ago. It took them hours to set up to film George Clooney crossing the street. :lol:

I came here to specifically ask WGAF??
I am sure those who make their money closely ties into the scene care. Catering services, prop companies, makeup artists But aside from the small group no one else really gives a crap.

I am sure those who make their money closely ties into the scene care. Catering services, prop companies, makeup artists But aside from the small group no one else really gives a crap.

Mostly all lefties, I hope they suffer.

I noticed you started a thread about it. It has been a decent summer without them, they should strike more often. It would improve TV
Even someone as dense as yourself realizes you're wrong. I wonder how you got to the point to where you life is so empty to where you post stuff you don't even believe....

That being said, the opportunity costs of consuming new media of any sort is that you do not get to consume media you've bypassed. Actors who you once dismissed as not your cup of tea (think Bryan Cranston) become appreciated when they have an outlet for different talents. Walter White is nothing like his previous character on Malcolm in the Middle. So, if I were so inclined, I would have explored the MITM episodes since I loved him as Walter White.

I did do some deep dives into legacy media and it was fulfilling in some respects. But nothing quite compares to new episodes of well written, well produced, and well acted television and movies. Again...only an idiot would think otherwise.

Lots of envy from the lesser lights. Creative people making money for being creative. I know that irks you guys. Your misery makes me smile.

I smile quite a bit.

Even someone as dense as yourself realizes you're wrong. I wonder how you got to the point to where you life is so empty to where you post stuff you don't even believe....

That being said, the opportunity costs of consuming new media of any sort is that you do not get to consume media you've bypassed. Actors who you once dismissed as not your cup of tea (think Bryan Cranston) become appreciated when they have an outlet for different talents. Walter White is nothing like his previous character on Malcolm in the Middle. So, if I were so inclined, I would have explored the MITM episodes since I loved him as Walter White.

I did do some deep dives into legacy media and it was fulfilling in some respects. But nothing quite compares to new episodes of well written, well produced, and well acted television and movies. Again...only an idiot would think otherwise.
Well you are the king idiot in this thread. The strike hasn’t effected my nor any reasonable person I’ve talked to TVs enjoyment at all. It’s actually been a pleasant experience not having the same crap repackaged. The well written well produced and well acted shows or movies have not been coming out of Hollywood, many overseas shows are better written better acted better produced because they are not checking the boxes that Hollywood considered more important They should strike every summer and all the IS to see what a good show can be

Well you are the king idiot in this thread. The strike hasn’t effected my nor any reasonable person I’ve talked to TVs enjoyment at all. It’s actually been a pleasant experience not having the same crap repackaged. The well written well produced and well acted shows or movies have not been coming out of Hollywood, many overseas shows are better written better acted better produced because they are not checking the boxes that Hollywood considered more important They should strike every summer and all the IS to see what a good show can be
Your comments are quite ignorant. Again...you of course know you're just being contrarian to be contrarian. That is what right wing loons do. They want everyone to be as sullen as they are. It ain't working. Have a good night. If that is possible.

Forum List

Back