Wow, people new more about evolution in 1925 than Republicans do today!

Was there a Universe or "space" before the Big Bang?
Yes, of course, as the big bang properly refers to the period of rapid expansion of the space that existed at the time.
Oh? Reminder,
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Space, also known as outer space, is the near-vacuum between celestial bodies.[1] It is where everything (all of the planets, stars, galaxies and other objects) is found.
Physicists are currently unsure if anything existed before the Big Bang. They are also unsure whether the size of the universe is infinite.
Theory says that in the first second after the universe was born, our cosmos ballooned faster than the speed of light.
'Fraid I'm not seeing much support there for your "space that existed at the time" theory. Quite the contrary. Are you nuts like me or what?

You can't conceive that what you've been told might not be accurate
Haha Haha...oh man. Listen up,you fraud:

Your idea of "maybe, magic!" is not deep or complicated. 3 year olds come up with it all on their own.

Might it be possible that there is magic (and it just happens to align with your personal fetishes and superatitions of course, haha, just like a toddler would think)? Of course. I just see no reason to believe such a thing.

And the biggest problem a quack like you has is that the moment you enter magic into your paradigm, you immediately and forever preclude yourself from any use of the concepts of logic or evidence. You throw determinism out the window. So, you basically, intellectually castrate yourself. You seem to be more than happy with that state of affairs. ;)
Yes, we get it. You're closed-minded. No need to keep repeating yourself.

I wonder if they "new" [sic] how to spell the past tense of "know" back in 1925.

It is microwave radiation, travelimg at the speed of light. It is electromagnetic radiation that became so red shifted that we now observe it as microwave radiation. Yes, it will, essentially, travel forever.

I keep telling you there is no infinite or forever in the physical world as one would have to divide by zero. We can only have countless quantities.

As for the CMB radiation, you are right. The CMB is a thermal map and I think it causes us to see space or spacetime as black. It seems to follow spacetime as it expands. I am not sure what causes the microwave radiation. It also looks the same if we look at one part of the map to another. However, we know say 5 ly sq from one section compared to another 5 ly sq from another section is different.

Fraid I'm not seeing much support there for your "space that existed at the time" theory.
So what? The big bang theory is what it is, no matter what you had for breakfast. It refers to the period of rapid expansion. Yes, space existed before that. No, big bang theory does not demand a singularity.

[QUOTE="deanrd, post: 22251089, member: 63247

The earth is 50 million years old?

And took thousands of years to cool down?

Hilarious!

And the dinosaurs are terribly funny. Of course it was known what some of them looked like, they had bones.

But they didn't have computer technology so they couldn't figure out that T Rex and others balanced on their hind legs, not stood upright like people.

And the one dinosaur scratching itself with it's front legs was very cartoony.

But still, they got the form right, they knew the dinosaurs was from millions of years ago and they knew the both cooled down and heated up.

A far cry from the earth being thousands of years old and people being shimmered into being from dirt.

What this shows is how the "theory" of evolution keeps.......well......evolving. It's not settled science. It's continuing exploration.

More proof Republicans will never stop with their ignorance. They only way to stop them is to defeat them at the ballot box. And for the good of the country, they MUST be defeated. Can you imagine the country if Republicans got their way and taught their ignorance to American children?[/QUOTE]

We know this a overgeneralization. And then liberal leftie intellectuals assert there are 112 different genders, so who is living in a fantasy world here?

Last edited:
And then liberal leftie intellectuals assert there are 112 different genders, so who is living in a fantasy world here?
They are referring to psychology, not genetics. Where did you get your PhD in psychology? And could you direct us to some of your research? Thanks.

Sorry to bust Professor Indies bubble here, but microwave radiation only travel's at 1C in free space in a vacuum. They are just radio waves. It isn't red-shifted down from a higher state if it was generated as a microwave! And microwaves do not travel forever (maybe in theory but rarely in practicality as they are direct straight line only), the power density of EM waves is proportional to the inverse of the square of the distance they travel, so for every doubling of their distance, their power is quartered. MWR is highly reactionary to the medium they travel in, so unless in absolute unfettered free space, often get blocked or absorbed as heat which is why they are so good at cooking food because water molecules resonate well at their frequency!

From what you stated, microwaves are only good for cooking in a confined space isn't it? Out in space or spacetime, they aren't confined and do get blocked out. What do you think is causing it, seemingly everywhere space is? I guess it is a form of radiation or heat, but we do not see it like we normally see heat as an orange red color.

I am not sure what causes the microwave radiation.
It is electromagnetic radiation released just at and just after the big bang. It is literally a picture of the big bang. It is precisely what we would expect to see, if the big bang theory is correct.

Sorry to bust Professor Indies bubble here, but microwave radiation only travel's at 1C in free space in a vacuum. They are just radio waves. It isn't red-shifted down from a higher state if it was generated as a microwave!
Then you should shut up immediately and go read up before commenting again.

It is called the "cosmic microwave background" because it shines most strongly in the microwave spectrum.

Yes, the CMB has been dramatically redshifted.

Yes, I know all about the 7cm microwave background remaining from the initial big bang. At one time I worked and studied briefly at Bell Labs in New Jersey where it was discovered. Saw what was left of the original detector horn. Almost went into astronomy as a career. But none of that was mentioned in the post that was copied that I replied to and I didn't feel like going back 40 pages looking for it so I could only comment on what was actually read, so qualified it several times by adding the free space disclaimer. But what the hell does any of that have to do with the topic of evolution?

You would think by 2019 this fight would be over.

Douglas' Office Defends Creationist on Panel: Christianity Not a 'Fringe View'

Kezele, a biology instructor at Arizona Christian University, says that scientific evidence supports his beliefs that the planet is just 6,000 years old and that teenage dinosaurs were on board Noah's Ark. His ideas are rejected by an overwhelming majority of mainstream researchers.

No. It will never be over. There will always be Christians who believe the bible. There will also always be scientists, that don't follow the evolutionary dogma. You, and your children, will die with this fight still not being over.

You want this fight to be over? You'll have to kill us. Just being honest. I'll die before I believe your non-sense.

Fraid I'm not seeing much support there for your "space that existed at the time" theory.
So what? The big bang theory is what it is, no matter what you had for breakfast. It refers to the period of rapid expansion. Yes, space existed before that. No, big bang theory does not demand a singularity.
Okay, so first you get the "space" then you get the Bang! Where's the woman?

And microwaves do not travel forever (maybe in theory but rarely in practicality as they are direct straight line only), the power density of EM waves is proportional to the inverse of the square of the distance they travel, so for every doubling of their distance, their power is quartered.
That's dumb. You could take their energy down to almost zero, and they would still be travelling at the speed of light in a vacuum. Yes, light travels, essentially, forever, until absorbed.

What's dumb is that you don't read what people say. And if you think microwaves travel forever, then why are microwave towers interfered with by flocks of birds?

And then liberal leftie intellectuals assert there are 112 different genders, so who is living in a fantasy world here?
They are referring to psychology, not genetics. Where did you get your PhD in psychology? And could you direct us to some of your research? Thanks.
I was being...factious, kiddo. Sexual dysphoria is a thing. Oliver Sacks wrote a book called "The man that mistook his wife for a hat". Because someone actually believes something, that doesn't make it real. Take for instance people that don't recognize the left side of their body. Should we pander to mental illness?

Last edited:
I'll answer for Dean...

How old is the Universe?
It's anyone's guess... We simply do not know.

How old is our Galaxy?

How old is our Solar system?

How old is our Sun?

How old is our planet?

How old is the Human race?

Now you are most likely wondering why am I asking such simple questions like this, well the reality is the Human race as it is is just a spec in time eye.
Yup... Humanity as a whole is a tiny spec in the grand scheme of the universe...

Our understanding and knowledge of how humanity came into creation is just theories
Correct... and more specifically, religious theories, since they aren't falsifiable...

and true the Univers is far older than our pathetic existence
I'd say we don't even know that much...

but we do not know the whole story either and I keep my mind wide open to all ideas...
Correct. We simply do not know the answers, and science can't be involved since these theories are not falsifiable... The best we can do is religiously believe in particular theories.
We know approximately how old the universe is

And it isn’t 6,000 years old.

You would think by 2019 this fight would be over.

Douglas' Office Defends Creationist on Panel: Christianity Not a 'Fringe View'

Kezele, a biology instructor at Arizona Christian University, says that scientific evidence supports his beliefs that the planet is just 6,000 years old and that teenage dinosaurs were on board Noah's Ark. His ideas are rejected by an overwhelming majority of mainstream researchers.

No. It will never be over. There will always be Christians who believe the bible. There will also always be scientists, that don't follow the evolutionary dogma. You, and your children, will die with this fight still not being over.

You want this fight to be over? You'll have to kill us. Just being honest. I'll die before I believe your non-sense.
So what? Evolution is a fact, whether or not you believe it .

I keep telling you there is no infinite or forever in the physical world as one would have to divide by zero.
Which you don't understand.

Haha. You're the guy who mocked asking what is north of north when you claim the same thing of spacetime going on forever.
Neato! Nobody has any idea what you are trying to say.

And no, you don't understand the talking point about dividing by zero that you regurgitated.

Forum List

Back