Wow Astros hang on to tie the series

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Down 3-1 late and they send it to extras. Get 2 in top of the 10th, give two back when they had 2 out and Dodgers down to their last strike. Follow it up with 2 in 11th, give up another solo HR and they squeak out a win.

Can't go wrong with either of these teams winning, but would be nice to see the Astros win their first for Nolan Ryan while he is still around, considering how many weak teams he played for he deserves it.

Down 3-1 late and they send it to extras. Get 2 in top of the 10th, give two back when they had 2 out and Dodgers down to their last strike. Follow it up with 2 in 11th, give up another solo HR and they squeak out a win.

Can't go wrong with either of these teams winning, but would be nice to see the Astros win their first for Nolan Ryan while he is still around, considering how many weak teams he played for he deserves it.

The Texas Rangers management pushed Nolan Ryan out after he helped build a really good team....so he went to the Astros and took them from being the worst to one of the best. I'd LOVE to see the Astros take this......

Wow Astros hang on to tie the series

Well, when one is at the top of one's field, game, discipline, etc., mustering what's needed to pull even with one's sole competitor is precisely part of why one, in this case a baseball team, finds oneself being one of the top two performers/organizations in the game. That doesn't mean one will rise to be the first place performer, but it does show that one has indeed earned one's place as one of the final two contenders.

That's as it should be. Excellence, after all, is and provides its own rewards. Being able to do what the Astros did is merely one of them.

your shitting me? the dodgers lost? I cant fucking believe it.

This is time of year I most appreciate being on Mountain Standard Time. Last night's game ended at a decent 9:30 time here.

Big play was umpire being hit by errant pickoff move. It was a really bad toss but looking at the glass as being half full, give credit to the pitcher for nailing the ump and preventing the runner advancing to 3rd.

i dont see the dodgers winning now the fact they blew a game they had in the bag AT HOME.

i dont see the dodgers winning now the fact they blew a game they had in the bag AT HOME.

So you are saying the Stros win 2 more and it ends in Hou? I don't hate LA but Stros are lively (and an old NLC team). Hard not to like them. But I am old-school....anti-DH.

Question: does Kershaw go tommorow in attempt to get back to 2-2 and ensure game 6 at LA?

So you are saying the Stros win 2 more and it ends in Hou? I don't hate LA but Stros are lively (and an old NLC team). Hard not to like them. But I am old-school....anti-DH.

Question: does Kershaw go tommorow in attempt to get back to 2-2 and ensure game 6 at LA?

Alexs Wood is pitching tommorow .......of course Dave will run through the entire line up before the game is over.

Alexs Wood is pitching tommorow .......of course Dave will run through the entire line up before the game is over.

That means Kershaw could be facing a road elimination game 5. I only bring it up as it was a topic on Sports radio...as a huge deal to avoid?

That means Kershaw could be facing a road elimination game 5. I only bring it up as it was a topic on Sports radio...as a huge deal to avoid?

Well yeah as long as we win game four.
I sure would like to end this without having to go back to L.A.

yeah thats my prediction ESPECIALLY with them being down 2-1 now.the fact they blew a game at HOME they had in the bag and the stros were a much different team at home than on the road,I think the strows will wrap it all up in game five sweeping the home series.

The dodgers could not even beat a team that chocked on the road in the playoffs against the yankees,i dont see them winning a game in houston where they are a much different team.something about being at home seems to really raise their confidance level.

Last edited:

yeah thats my prediction ESPECIALLY with them being down 2-1 now.the fact they blew a game at HOME they had in the bag and the stros were a much different team at home than on the road,I think the strows will wrap it all up in game five sweeping the home series.

The dodgers could not even beat a team that chocked on the road in the playoffs against the yankees,i dont see them winning a game in houston where they are a much different team.something about being at home seems to really raise their confidance level.

Hey Old yeller, "and the OP and everyone else reading this post."

wont mean much to dodger fans but the most important thing for the dodgers organization though is that they WILL pack them in next year like crazy and fill the stadium the fact they made it THIS far.lol

they will be left STILL talking about Kirk Gibsons dramatic home run 29 years ago when their dodgers last won it all.lol

for the fans in LA this will be a major big deal for them,but for me,wont taint my enjoyment that I have had the last two years of singing and having fun while watching these two videos the excitement they both have given me the past two years because of my user name.:biggrin:

I know you have seen the FIRST one but have you ever seen the SECOND one there? please watch it if you dont mind and tell me if you enjoyed thanks.:)that of course goes from everyone.;)

:D:thup::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Since this "Kzone" thingee came to TV......well lately they DO NOT show it when a close pitch (definitely a BALL) is called a STRIKE. They did it to Altuve 4th inning Game 1. That game was a pitchers dream. they did it tonight. They always do that. Moving strike zone.....the MSM.....Thats all. Get rid of it or use it?

Since this "Kzone" thingee came to TV......well lately they DO NOT show it when a close pitch (definitely a BALL) is called a STRIKE. They did it to Altuve 4th inning Game 1. That game was a pitchers dream. they did it tonight. They always do that. Moving strike zone.....the MSM.....Thats all. Get rid of it or use it?

I'f they're gonna put up the box they should go with an electronic strike zone.
Electronic strike zone would be a game changer

Game 5 has just gone into extra innings tied at 12 and I am exhausted. I'm putting the TV coverage on DVR, going to bed and I'll watch it tomorrow (or later today). Regardless of who wins, this game has been one for the ages.

I really take my cap off to the umpires. How do they stay out there for five hours? Some are not young and appear to be not in the best of shape. :bow2: Hell, they'd have to take me off on a stretcher.

Forum List

Back