Wouldn't this be considered murder?

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
Floodwaters that rose as swiftly as 8 feet an hour tore through a campground packed with vacationing families early Friday, carrying away tents and overturning RVs as campers slept. At least 16 people were killed, and dozens more missing and feared dead.Heavy rains caused the normally quiet Caddo and Little Missouri rivers to climb out of their banks during the night. Around dawn, floodwaters barreled into the Albert Pike Recreation Area, a 54-unit campground in the Ouachita National Forest that was packed with vacationing families.
The raging torrent poured through the valley with such force that it peeled asphalt off roads and bark off trees. Cabins dotting the river banks were severely damaged. Mobile homes lay on their sides.
Two dozen people were hospitalized. Authorities rescued 60 others.

These parents went camping by a RIVER! In the RAIN! How dare they take their children out of the city and drag them away from their computers where they were safe, and expose them to the danger of weather. Do they expect us to pay for all of this simply because they were camping on federal lands?

The Associated Press: Arkansas flash floods kill at least 16 people

See how stupid this attitude really sounds?

Floodwaters that rose as swiftly as 8 feet an hour tore through a campground packed with vacationing families early Friday, carrying away tents and overturning RVs as campers slept. At least 16 people were killed, and dozens more missing and feared dead.Heavy rains caused the normally quiet Caddo and Little Missouri rivers to climb out of their banks during the night. Around dawn, floodwaters barreled into the Albert Pike Recreation Area, a 54-unit campground in the Ouachita National Forest that was packed with vacationing families.
The raging torrent poured through the valley with such force that it peeled asphalt off roads and bark off trees. Cabins dotting the river banks were severely damaged. Mobile homes lay on their sides.

These parents went camping by a RIVER! In the RAIN! How dare they take their children out of the city and drag them away from their computers where they were safe, and expose them to the danger of weather. Do they expect us to pay for all of this simply because they were camping on federal lands?

IF you show me where any 16 y/o was thousands of miles from any immediate help and in a boat which was suffering mechanical problems in this incident, I'll concede.

Quantum Windbag, 16 people are dead. Donca kinda sorta think it's in the poorest possible taste to be mocking them for getting killed in a flash flood? If you wanna ridicule nanny laws, be my guest.

But I think we should show a bit of respect for the dead and their families.

Quantum Windbag, 16 people are dead. Donca kinda sorta think it's in the poorest possible taste to be mocking them for getting killed in a flash flood? If you wanna ridicule nanny laws, be my guest.

I believe he is making a point about parental responsibility.

parental responsibility had no correlation to that 16 y/o sailor skank and her situation

I am actually ridiculing nanny attitudes that lead to those laws.

I am actually ridiculing nanny attitudes that lead to those laws.

LOL - So to whit, you are FOR nanny state rescues (for free no less) but AGAINST nanny state laws?:lol::lol:

LOL - So to whit, you are FOR nanny state rescues (for free no less) but AGAINST nanny state laws?:lol::lol:

Nice try. What I am for is our mutual responsibility and giving assitance to people who need it. I will stop and check if I see a car stopped on the side of the road, and give aid when necessary. I don't expect the state to come out when someone needs help, nor do I expect them to bail me out when I cannot pay my bills. I expect them to get out of my way and let me live.

IF you show me where any 16 y/o was thousands of miles from any immediate help and in a boat which was suffering mechanical problems in this incident, I'll concede.

there were children there that were too far from help, however close it was. Since that 16 yo survived, and these children did not, I think my stupid, and tasteless, point is at least as valid as yours.

Nice try. What I am for is our mutual responsibility and giving assitance to people who need it. I will stop and check if I see a car stopped on the side of the road, and give aid when necessary. I don't expect the state to come out when someone needs help, nor do I expect them to bail me out when I cannot pay my bills. I expect them to get out of my way and let me live.

That's great, now tell me again who coordinated this rescue?

Not 100% sure, but it looks like it was AMVER and her family and friends. That would mean that the only government involvement would be in communications and tracking, and the chartered flight by Qantas that sighted the, which was probably done at a discount for the good will Qantas gets from it.

Not 100% sure, but it looks like it was AMVER and her family and friends. That would mean that the only government involvement would be in communications and tracking, and the chartered flight by Qantas that sighted the, which was probably done at a discount for the good will Qantas gets from it.

No my friend, somewhere in one of these threads I posted an interview where the family spokesman said the VERY first thing they did when they lost radio contact with the brat was contact the USG.

No my friend, somewhere in one of these threads I posted an interview where the family spokesman said the VERY first thing they did when they lost radio contact with the brat was contact the USG.

The USCG did not supply anything beyond tracking the emergency beacon, and possibly some communications support. Nothing they would not have routinely done even had the beacon come from an Australian vessel. They do not have resources in that area of the world, as they are not a blue water force. If the US had officially been involved in the rescue it would have been USAF and/or USN that would have used their resources, just like they do when a commercial aircraft goes down at sea.

The USCG did not supply anything beyond tracking the emergency beacon, and possibly some communications support. Nothing they would not have routinely done even had the beacon come from an Australian vessel. They do not have resources in that area of the world, as they are not a blue water force. If the US had officially been involved in the rescue it would have been USAF and/or USN that would have used their resources, just like they do when a commercial aircraft goes down at sea.

The fact remains, the first thing these fruitcakes did when they lost contact with their skank was contact the USG. Oh and I assure you that we have a naval presence in the Indian Ocean, and we will never know exactly how much they contributed to this skank relief effort.

If the USN had been involved they would have announced it for the goodwill it would have generated. I got a citation once for something that happened while I was asleep, we came across and rescued some refugees from SE Asia who managed to get into serious trouble in the middle of nowhere.

If the USN had been involved they would have announced it for the goodwill it would have generated. I got a citation once for something that happened while I was asleep, we came across and rescued some refugees from SE Asia who managed to get into serious trouble in the middle of nowhere.

Yes, I'm actually thinking you're right here. Obooba probably would compromise the security of a nuclear submarine in order to garner a little goodwill for rescuing a spoiled skank who's parents abused her.

parental responsibility had no correlation to that 16 y/o sailor skank and her situation

OMG!! Did you really just call this 16 year old kid a skank? Just because she went sailing? That's just lowlife.

The fact remains, the first thing these fruitcakes did when they lost contact with their skank was contact the USG. Oh and I assure you that we have a naval presence in the Indian Ocean, and we will never know exactly how much they contributed to this skank relief effort.

# 1 The Girl and her parents live in the US, who would they call to start looking, Ghost Busters? Get real!

# 2 Who care how much it cost a life was saved!

# 3 Are you calling this 16YO a skank because you or your kids (if you have any) are not good enough to try to accomplish a difficult task? Or do you prefer to sit in the comfort of your home and eat twinkies?

Whether the 16 year old should be allowed to do this or not is debatable, however it's not my child or my business. She did everything correctly that anyone in a similar circumstance should have done. So her parents trained her well, something that most adults would not have knowledge of.

Since I don't know the young girl, calling her a "brat" or a "skank" weakens any arguements one may make.

Debate is debate but resorting to childish name calling is not debate but a form of weakness in ones position.

Forum List

Back