Wouldn't This be Considered Child Abuse.

Conhog you must have been a very stunted 16 year old then.

If by stunted you meant "Oh you must be a responsible adult who understands that children shouldn't always get whatever they want" Then yes, my teenager is stunted and so will be my 2 year old when she gets to be that age.

Many teens are MORE competent, mature and responsible than a good deal of adults. My guess is this girl is one of them.

If yours are not then please keep making decisions for them. That is for you to decide for your children. This girls parents obviously though she was qualified and competent enough to make the attempted voyage.

That is called justifying.

What if I let my kid drink beer and when Child Services showed up I argued "hey my kid is mature , if he thinks he can handle his beer, I'm cool with it?"

What a moronic statement.

I would say the more likely scenario is that her fruit loops parents planted the idea of this into her head, just as they did with her brother.

Unless of course you're suggesting that two individual children from the same family were both "mature" enough to decide that they both wanted to attempt the same moronic stunt with no input from their parents? :lol:

PS - The overwhelming scientific evidence shows that children simply aren't capable of rationalizing decisions the way adults are, no matter how "mature" they may seem. This is borne out by the fact that most stated are going to graduated DL where as the child gets older they are given more freedoms with their vehicle.

Last edited:
Beating a child with a whip is child abuse.
Locking a child in the basement is child abuse.
Not providing food and medical care is child abuse.
Teaching a child to be an adult is not abuse, unless you are from California.

That's a fairly simplistic definition of child abuse.

Why is everyone refusing to answer my question?

What if I gave my underage child a beer and when DHS showed up claimed that they need to mind my own business if my kid wants a beer he's mature enough to decide on his own? Think they would drop the matter?

What if I let my kid drink beer and when Child Services showed up I argued "hey my kid is mature , if he thinks he can handle his beer, I'm cool with it?"

I would say the more likely scenario is that her fruit loops parents planted the idea of this into her head, just as they did with her brother.

Unless of course you're suggesting that two individual children from the same family were both "mature" enough to decide that they both wanted to attempt the same moronic stunt with no input from their parents? :lol:

PS - The overwhelming scientific evidence shows that children simply aren't capable of rationalizing decisions the way adults are, no matter how "mature" they may seem. This is borne out by the fact that most stated are going to graduated DL where as the child gets older they are given more freedoms with their vehicle.

Underage drinking is against the law. As far as I know sports are not. I agree about the DL's. but good driving also comes with experience. This girl had a good deal of experience.

Underage drinking is against the law. As far as I know sports are not. I agree about the DL's. but good driving also comes with experience. This girl had a good deal of experience.

She has a good deal of experience at being lost alone at sea? Well I would say that settles it, she definitely shouldn't be back out there alone..............

Conhog you must have been a very stunted 16 year old then.

If by stunted you meant "Oh you must be a responsible adult who understands that children shouldn't always get whatever they want" Then yes, my teenager is stunted and so will be my 2 year old when she gets to be that age.

PS Cali Girl, you better hurry up and neg rep syrenn for talking about parenting in a thread about parenting BAHAHAHAHAA

Moron. Don't whine about neg, and don't lie about the reason for it.

What if I gave my underage child a beer and when DHS showed up claimed that they need to mind my own business if my kid wants a beer he's mature enough to decide on his own? Think they would drop the matter?

If you insist on making this only about beer, I think you have the right to teach your child about alcohol, and even give him a beer if you want. Studies have actually shown that children that are taught to drink moderately are less likely to become alcoholics. It is even legal in some states, as long as you do not get them drunk. If you happen to live in a state that disagrees with me though, you're fucked. Which just makes my point that we need to keep the sate out of our lives as much as possible.

If you insist on making this only about beer, I think you have the right to teach your child about alcohol, and even give him a beer if you want. Studies have actually shown that children that are taught to drink moderately are less likely to become alcoholics. It is even legal in some states, as long as you do not get them drunk. If you happen to live in a state that disagrees with me though, you're fucked. Which just makes my point that we need to keep the sate out of our lives as much as possible.

That's fine, I don't give a shit, but then when you're child get's lost at sea or gets alcohol poisoning don't fucking come running to that state looking for help.

I wouldn't have moved a fucking ship one to find that girl if it had been my call.

That's fine, I don't give a shit, but then when you're child get's lost at sea or gets alcohol poisoning don't fucking come running to that state looking for help.

I wouldn't have moved a fucking ship one to find that girl if it had been my call.

Be sure to notify the local authorities that you prefer to die than receive any type of help in an emergency.

it is not abuse....but in some circles this may be considered ...child endangerment....

No you ass wipe, you are missing the point. By allowing a child to do what they wanted her to do, errr I mean to make her own decisions about doing something dangerous , er make that perfectly safe; and by teaching her that there will always be someone there to save her from her parents, err i mean her own, stupid mistakes her parents are teaching her to be a strong, brave, self sufficient, independent woman.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

For all you idiots who said she was'nt old enough for such a journey..... you were proved wrong when they found that "little girl" floating on a vessel that had its mast torn off from a rougue wave that was at least 30 feet high.

Any "little kid" with the mentality of a "little kid" would never have gotten the emergency personal beacon set off and and been able to keep themselves composed enough to call for help.

She is still here to tell us all about it.... and to tell all you doubters to GO TO HELL!

This girl is a role model if ya ask me, and bravo to her parents for raising such a brave "little girl" :clap2:

it is not abuse....but in some circles this may be considered ...child endangerment....

No you ass wipe, you are missing the point. By allowing a child to do what they wanted her to do, errr I mean to make her own decisions about doing something dangerous , er make that perfectly safe; and by teaching her that there will always be someone there to save her from her parents, err i mean her own, stupid mistakes her parents are teaching her to be a strong, brave, self sufficient, independent woman.

Dude... your making yourself look bad....

give it up.

She saved her own ass by not panicing in a situation that neither of us would have made it back from (most likely)

For all you idiots who said she was'nt old enough for such a journey..... you were proved wrong when they found that "little girl" floating on a vessel that had its mast torn off from a rougue wave that was at least 30 feet high.

Any "little kid" with the mentality of a "little kid" would never have gotten the emergency personal beacon set off and and been able to keep themselves composed enough to call for help.

She is still here to tell us all about it.... and to tell all you doubters to GO TO HELL!

This girl is a role model if ya ask me, and bravo to her parents for raising such a brave "little girl" :clap2:

YAY they raised a girl who went against advice of professionals and ended up being lucky to be saved from her own stupidity.

She's so brave and self sufficient and a hero. AN inspiration really, why just today my 2 y/o told me she's mature enough to swim in our pool by herself, but I erred on the side of sanity and went out with her. Maybe if I hadn't of she would have almost drowned and proved how self sufficient she is by not dying before someone else could save her.

You fool

Dude... your making yourself look bad....

give it up.

She saved her own ass by not panicing in a situation that neither of us would have made it back from (most likely)

getting lucky and surviving a situation you shouldn't have been in in the first place is not being mature or a hero, moron.

look , i found another "hero" for you

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvooqbW9dz4[/ame]

Last edited:
Whatever sicko you just want 16 y/o to be considered an adult so you can find some dates down at the HS.

I swear to God, if you said that to my face.... you'd be picking your teeth up off the ground.

I've got a 9 ry old that is more mature than you.

I'm done with ya.

Whatever sicko you just want 16 y/o to be considered an adult so you can find some dates down at the HS.

I swear to God, if you said that to my face.... you'd be picking your teeth up off the ground.

I've got a 9 ry old that is more mature than you.

I'm done with ya.

I seriously doubt that I would be, but nice internet tough guy impersonation.

Forum List

Back