Would you support...

Would you support granting illegal aliens permanent legal resident alien status?

• Total voters
Disagree. Remove the incentive, reverse the condition. Instantly.

Only a simpleton tries to pretend something complicated is simple, just so he can strop trying to think about it anymore.

Hmm. Yes. I suppose you're suggesting that's me...

That's right. When you make declarations about a simple solution that will fix things "instantly," then you are being a simpleton. If you're not comfortable with that description, then stop being a simpleton, if you can.

My "NO!" vote is because illegals have undermined wages for blue collar US citizens ever since Reagan led the charge to open the borders with his amnesty in 1986.
Then the question is, do you want to deport illegals, or reward them with citizenship?

My solution would be to have corporations discovered to have as many as one illegal on its payroll thirty days after this policy is announced fined amounts sufficient to pay travel costs for 500 illegals for that employee and each additional illegal discovered on its payroll. CEOs of corporartions discovered to have five illegals on payrolls would go to prison for a period not less than one year for the first five, and one month for each additional illegal.

This would include temps, casual labor. Any paid activity at all.

Another simpleton heard from.

Wow... You're a dick! :thup:
I guess I missed the part in the TOS that says I need to breathlessly follow your every post.

I'm curious why you think you're entitled to that...?

Entitled? Good grief... One being 'Entitled' for you not to be a dick would be the only thing capable of preventing your being a dick?
Look, you got your little feelings hurt because I haven't memorized your posts.

How's that working out for you?
There is, actually: Voter ID. But the left, who benefits greatly from people voting illegally, opposes the idea.
You've shown no evidence whatsoever - let alone compelling evidence - that your plan is any better than the current status quo. It does not accomplish what you seem to suggest it accomplishes. :cool:

Whether or not their presence is a net positive or net negative does not seem to have even entered the dialogue.
Combined with Voter ID, it prevents the crimes shown in the links above.

This is the first mention of voter ID; And again, since neither illegals or your permanent residents would be granted one, I still fail to see any difference between the two.
Permanent resident aliens aren't issued ID cars? :eek:

Now you're just flailing.

You show up to register to vote with one of these, you don't get registered to vote. Simple, huh?

i-551old77l.jpg

Hmm. Yes. I suppose you're suggesting that's me. :doubt:

It's complicated because of the implications for our economic system; The part you intentionally left out of your quote of my last post; along with everything else germane to the OP's topic, as you lasered in on something you saw as easy to attack. My guess is you just want to be problematic no matter what.

That's fine, you clearly just want to be obtuse with me, so forget I asked.
I'm curious why you're ignoring the left's political reasons for not deporting illegals.

It's not the topic.
Neither is the economic facet. Yet people keep talking about it.
I admit the left enjoys its minority vote, as the right enjoys its white male vote. But I don't think the 'illegal' vote is swinging any elections Dave, and I don't think you believe that either.
I don't care if it's swinging elections.

I don't like it that people vote illegally. Period.

Damn shame not everyone can say that.
And please note that over 30 years and multiple administrations/houses/senates from both parties, everything from full Repub control to full Dem control... Exactly jack shit has happened.
I know. And that sucks. America has paid an awful price for it, and will continue to do so.

I guess I missed the part in the TOS that says I need to breathlessly follow your every post.

I'm curious why you think you're entitled to that...?

Entitled? Good grief... One being 'Entitled' for you not to be a dick would be the only thing capable of preventing your being a dick?

No my "little feelings" aren't hurt, just remarking that you're being a dick. You know what you did.
There is, actually: Voter ID. But the left, who benefits greatly from people voting illegally, opposes the idea.

Combined with Voter ID, it prevents the crimes shown in the links above.

This is the first mention of voter ID; And again, since neither illegals or your permanent residents would be granted one, I still fail to see any difference between the two.

You show up to register to vote with one of these, you don't get registered to vote. Simple, huh?

i-551old77l.jpg

Are you suggesting that people would attempt to register to vote with a card that doesn't entitle them to it? Are you still suggesting that giving this card to someone would preclude them from showing up in the same capacity as someone who doesn't have one?

IOW, the basis of your entire silly argument was that granting this status to an illegal somehow puts them at a disadvantage to an illegal re:voting. You've not demonstrated that. What stops a holder of your ID from simply leaving it at home and perpetrating the same fraud as an illegal?:eusa_eh:

I'm curious why you're ignoring the left's political reasons for not deporting illegals.

It's not the topic.
I admit the left enjoys its minority vote, as the right enjoys its white male vote. But I don't think the 'illegal' vote is swinging any elections Dave, and I don't think you believe that either.

And please note that over 30 years and multiple administrations/houses/senates from both parties, everything from full Repub control to full Dem control... Exactly jack shit has happened.
I know. And that sucks. America has paid an awful price for it, and will continue to do so.

I'm just sayin, you talk about the grand benefit Dems are reaping from it as if the Repubs are trying to do something and the Dems are stopping them.

I brought up the economic facet for one reason only: The REAL reason nothing happens. The argument that somehow we COULDN'T do something is absurd. We choose not to, and the economic facet is why. IMO of course.

No my "little feelings" aren't hurt, just remarking that you're being a dick. You know what you did.
Yes. Apparently, I hurt your feelings. :lol:

i-551old77l.jpg

Are you suggesting that people would attempt to register to vote with a card that doesn't entitle them to it? Are you still suggesting that giving this card to someone would preclude them from showing up in the same capacity as someone who doesn't have one?

IOW, the basis of your entire silly argument was that granting this status to an illegal somehow puts them at a disadvantage to an illegal re:voting. You've not demonstrated that. What stops a holder of your ID from simply leaving it at home and perpetrating the same fraud as an illegal?:eusa_eh:
Voter ID, as I've explained. Already. You can stop pretending I haven't answered this question now.

It's not the topic.

I'm just sayin, you talk about the grand benefit Dems are reaping from it as if the Repubs are trying to do something and the Dems are stopping them.

I brought up the economic facet for one reason only: The REAL reason nothing happens. The argument that somehow we COULDN'T do something is absurd. We choose not to, and the economic facet is why. IMO of course.
Unfortunately, the GOP ISN'T doing anything about it.

And of course, the Dems would prevent it if they tried.

We can't disenfranchise millions of potential Dem voters, can we?

My "NO!" vote is because illegals have undermined wages for blue collar US citizens ever since Reagan led the charge to open the borders with his amnesty in 1986.
Then the question is, do you want to deport illegals, or reward them with citizenship?

My solution would be to have corporations discovered to have as many as one illegal on its payroll thirty days after this policy is announced fined amounts sufficient to pay travel costs for 500 illegals for that employee and each additional illegal discovered on its payroll. CEOs of corporartions discovered to have five illegals on payrolls would go to prison for a period not less than one year for the first five, and one month for each additional illegal.

This would include temps, casual labor. Any paid activity at all.

E-Verify doesn't work when people are using stolen identities.

Deporting millions of illegals, while desirable, is simply not possible.

Actually, yes it is.

Using a combination of things such as...

-Stripping illegal immigrants of any benefits
-Making the use of Everify mandatory by all employers
-Making the punishment for hiring illegals more severe
-Enforcing laws on the books by deporting illlegals arrested for committing any crimes, minor or serious

...deportation of all illegal immigrants in the United States is possible.

I would like to add one to your list: Allow state and local law enforcement to enforce US Immigration laws.

No... Illegals should be forced to adhere to our Laws, and become citizens exactly the way non-illegals have been doing since those Laws were on the books. By being in country illegally, they have already demonstrated a keen lack of respect for our Laws and they should not be rewarded for it.

i-551old77l.jpg

Voter ID, as I've explained. Already. You can stop pretending I haven't answered this question now.

If you find it more satisfying to your massive ego, then fine you can say you 'hurt my feelings.'

ANYWAY.

No. You haven't answered my question. Voter Id is a separate, unrelated issue from the OP.

The question IS: in what way is resident alien status superior to illegal status with regard to voter fraud prevention?:eusa_think:

Meanwhile I'll brainstorm as to how you'll get around to not answering it this time.

Deporting millions of illegals, while desirable, is simply not possible.

Actually, yes it is.

Using a combination of things such as...

-Stripping illegal immigrants of any benefits
-Making the use of Everify mandatory by all employers
-Making the punishment for hiring illegals more severe
-Enforcing laws on the books by deporting illlegals arrested for committing any crimes, minor or serious

...deportation of all illegal immigrants in the United States is possible.

I would like to add one to your list: Allow state and local law enforcement to enforce US Immigration laws.
That would certainly be a pleasant change, since the Feds won't enforce Federal laws. :cool:

If you find it more satisfying to your massive ego, then fine you can say you 'hurt my feelings.'

ANYWAY.

No. You haven't answered my question. Voter Id is a separate, unrelated issue from the OP.

The question IS: in what way is resident alien status superior to illegal status with regard to voter fraud prevention?:eusa_think:

Meanwhile I'll brainstorm as to how you'll get around to not answering it this time.

I guess you CAN'T stop pretending I've answered this question.

You can go ahead and claim you "won" now.

The 25 million or so unemployed US workers are being screwed because some 11-20+ million illegal immigrants are gainfully employed at jobs they should not have, jobs the US workers could/should be doing.

Again, not so simple. How many of those jobs are people picking strawberries or harvesting lettuce on some farm a looooooooooooong way away from the hordes of unemployed in places like Detroit? The market could sort it out eventually, but there'd be a lot of pain along the way.

Thats what work visas are for. No need to make them citizens. Then they'll want 15 bucks an hour to pick lettuce.
Then they send the money home so they can retire in comfort in mexico. All the while screwing the American economy.

ANYWAY.

Dave: "I think we should grant resident alien status to illegals. That way they can't vote."

Kevin: "In what way is resident alien status superior to simple illegal alien status with regard to voting?"

Dave: "Because Voter ID. Which you stupid PROGS hate by the way. Also, did you know that minorities vote for Democrats?"

Kevin: "Yeah but resident alien status does nothing to mitigate fraudulent voting.."

Dave: "Voter ID. Now you should probably go cry to your mommy because apparantly I hurt your feelings."

Kevin: "Voter ID has nothing to do with resident alien status..."

Dave: "Voter ID."

Oh boy, what do I win? Another snarky comment?

No I didn't "win" now... I "won" back when I showed that your proposal does not accomplish what you claimed it accomplishes. That's why you've been attempting to shift focus to an unrelated issue and slinging insults ever since.

Last edited:

ANYWAY.

Dave: "I think we should grant resident alien status to illegals. That way they can't vote."

Kevin: "In what way is resident alien status superior to simple illegal alien status with regard to voting?"

Dave: "Because Voter ID. Which you stupid PROGS hate by the way. Also, did you know that minorities vote for Democrats?"

Kevin: "Yeah but resident alien status does nothing to mitigate fraudulent voting.."

Dave: "Voter ID. Now you should probably go cry to your mommy because apparantly I hurt your feelings."

Kevin: "Voter ID has nothing to do with resident alien status..."

Dave: "Voter ID."

Oh boy, what do I win? Another snarky comment?

No I didn't "win" now... I "won" back when I showed that your proposal does not accomplish what you claimed it accomplishes. That's why you've been attempting to shift focus to an unrelated issue and slinging insults ever since.
Yes, I could have written the OP better.

But I answered your concern. You're still pretending I didn't.

I am in favor of restricting legal immigration, even for immigrant groups that I like, such as East Asians. They compete with American citizens for jobs and lower wages.

I am also in favor of locating and deporting illegal immigrants. If we can't deport them all we can deport a lot of them, and we can make life so unpleasant for the ones we cannot locate that many will leave on their own, telling stories that will discourage others from coming here illegally. We can also punish those who hire illegals.

Crap. I meant to vote yes. Coffee hasn't kicked in. :tongue:

Deporting millions of illegals, while desirable, is simply not possible. I could get behind granting them permanent resident alien status. They can legally work and pay taxes.

But they wouldn't be able to vote.

Agreed. For most of the same reasons. It's also humane. If their only crime is that they want to earn a living and skip out on the onerous immigration process, they're not hurting anyone. If there here working for us, the least we can do is invite them into our society as legitimate guests. But yeah, no voting, and very limited welfare (if any).

Forum List

Back