Would You Support A Sheriff Like Joe Arpaio in Your Town?

Look, froggy, the sherriff runs a county jail, not a state prison. The people confined there are either awaiting trial or sentencing, or else their sentences are less than one year. I've heard the claims that Arpagio is corrupt before, and some of them seem credible. Whether you believe them or not, I don't quite see the point of inhumane treatment.

If you'd like to discuss a change in prisoners' rights laws and rulings, I'm good with that. There definately are abuses. But I'm more concerned with order and safety -- for everyone -- at a county jail.

And I know I'd die in those tents.

No you wouldn't , now list specific examples of human rights violations. No one has yet, gee wonder why?

no, i would not support a sheriff like him in my town.

I have him in my town and I don't want him. You have to read up on some of the crap he does. If he was really only all about securing our borders or getting rid of illegals, that would be one thing, but this blow hard is all about him getting in front of a camera. He loves this "America's toughest sheriff" bullshit and are all about headlines. Period.

I have him in my town and I don't want him. You have to read up on some of the crap he does. If he was really only all about securing our borders or getting rid of illegals, that would be one thing, but this blow hard is all about him getting in front of a camera. He loves this "America's toughest sheriff" bullshit and are all about headlines. Period.

Oh, more Zona bullshit. List the ways he's mistreated prisoners. I of course don't expect you to provide any evidence, since you never do.

Look, froggy, the sherriff runs a county jail, not a state prison. The people confined there are either awaiting trial or sentencing, or else their sentences are less than one year. I've heard the claims that Arpagio is corrupt before, and some of them seem credible. Whether you believe them or not, I don't quite see the point of inhumane treatment.

If you'd like to discuss a change in prisoners' rights laws and rulings, I'm good with that. There definately are abuses. But I'm more concerned with order and safety -- for everyone -- at a county jail.

No you wouldn't , now list specific examples of human rights violations. No one has yet, gee wonder why?

Sheriff Joe Arpaio Forum :: View topic - Sheriff Joe Arpaio Loses Lawsuit on Correctional Hlth Serv
Latest News - Sheriff Joe Arpaio Has Cost Taxpayers $41 Million
http://www.gavelgrab.org/index.php?s=arpaio&sbutt=Go

You really need to look this guy up. I know what he is about,but maybe its because I live here? Well, you have google to use as a tool. Use it.

Oh, more Zona bullshit. List the ways he's mistreated prisoners. I of course don't expect you to provide any evidence, since you never do.

Are you challenged? See above then come back here with your tail between your legs, AGAIN.

Again, you are wrong...AGAIN. How many times do I have to prove you wrong? Are you going to to say you "didn't see" my post again? Seriously!!??

So its ok for our troops but not for criminals.

Sorry but while our troops may be out in the same heat that these guys are in they are not treated the same way nor do they have the same lifestyle. Not by a longshot.

That is true, our troops have no choice but to work for a living and place their lives on the line every moment of every day. The guys in Sheriff Joe's jail just have to sit in their pretty pink undies and suffer the heat. At least the guys in jail aren't being shot at.
Funny thing about that is that a lot of the inmates at Tent City are given a choice to be incarcerated indoors, yet stay in the camp.

There's a documentary about AZ prisons on the teevee right now.

Joe Arpaio's Maricopa County Jail Treats Detainees Inhumanely - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

You have to be the dumbest poster on this board. Seriously.

Are you challenged? See above then come back here with your tail between your legs, AGAIN.

Again, you are wrong...AGAIN. How many times do I have to prove you wrong? Are you going to to say you "didn't see" my post again? Seriously!!??

Hey stupid, realize that my post asking you for evidence was BEFORE you posted your supposed evidence? Oh yeah .............

Now, let me go read your "evidence" and I'll get back to you.

Joe Arpaio's Maricopa County Jail Treats Detainees Inhumanely - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

If someone comes up and pistol whips you and robs you is he worrying that you're being treated inhumane.

Sheriff Joe Arpaio Forum :: View topic - Sheriff Joe Arpaio Loses Lawsuit on Correctional Hlth Serv
Latest News - Sheriff Joe Arpaio Has Cost Taxpayers $41 Million
http://www.gavelgrab.org/index.php?s=arpaio&sbutt=Go

You really need to look this guy up. I know what he is about,but maybe its because I live here? Well, you have google to use as a tool. Use it.

Not a thing here proven that he has done wrong. Until he is found guilty, I want a sheriff just like him here where they cut 1/3 of the deputies and released 50% of the prisoners.

I don't see a violation here. In fact the link doesn't say what the lawsuit was about, ok he lost a lawsuit. Does that mean when Obama loses his lawsuit against AZ you will declare him to be a shitty President? I'm doubtful.
Lots of claims there, but I don't see any actual rulings against the Sheriff, not do I see him being investigated by the DoJ.

Not even worth addressing.

You really need to look this guy up. I know what he is about,but maybe its because I live here? Well, you have google to use as a tool. Use it.[/QUOTE]

Is he tough? Yes, does he do some questionable stuff? Yes. BUt is he an evil monster? Nope

That's funny right there. I bet my IQ doubles yours. Have you read SB 1070 yet, or are you still arguing that it racially profiles?

Oh by the way. You do realize the simple solution here don't you? Deport the illegals in this guy's jail and suddenly his jail is empty.

Actions as Maricopa County Sheriff
During his tenure as Maricopa County Sheriff, Arpaio has instituted or strengthened several of the following crime prevention programs:[10]

bicycle registration
block watches
child identification and fingerprinting
Operation Identification (for marking valuables)
Operation Notification (which identifies business owners to be notified during times of emergency)
Project Lifeline (which provides free cellular phones to domestic violence victims)
S.T.A.R.S. (Sheriffs Teaching Abuse Resistance to Students)
an annual summer camp for kids near Payson.
In late 2008 and early 2009, Arpaio appeared in Smile...You're Under Arrest!, a three-episode Fox Reality Channel series in which persons with outstanding warrants were tricked into presenting themselves for arrest.[11]

Under Arpaio's tenure as Sheriff, the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office has seen much controversy. Arpaio's practices have been criticized by organizations such as Amnesty International,[28] the American Civil Liberties Union, the Arizona Ecumenical Council, the American Jewish Committee,[29] and the Arizona chapter of the Anti-Defamation League.[30] The editorial board of The New York Times called Arpaio "America's Worst Sheriff".[31] Controversial issues surrounding the department have included allegations of racial profiling, in which the ACLU has sued the sheriff's office.[32][33] In April 2010, the Arizona Court of Appeals upheld a contempt-of-court ruling against a detention officer who "was held up as a hero among supporters of Sheriff Joe Arpaio". The officer, Adam Stoddard, was caught on video inside the courtroom during a court proceeding taking a letter from a defense attorney's file.[34]

In 2008, a federal grand jury began an inquiry of Joe Arpaio for alleged abuse of power, in connection with an FBI investigation.[35][36] Arpaio is being investigated for politically motivated and "bogus" prosecutions, which a former US Attorney called "utterly unacceptable".[35][36] Phoenix Mayor Phil Gordon has called Arpaio's "long list" of questionable prosecutions "a reign of terror".[36]

The targets of Arpaio's alleged abuse of power have included or currently include: Phil Gordon, Phoenix Mayor [35]; Dan Saban, Arpaio's 2004 and 2008 opponent for the office of Sheriff of Maricopa County [35]; Terry Goddard, Arizona Attorney General [35]; David Smith, Maricopa County Manager [35]; The Maricopa County Board of Supervisors [35]; Barbara Mundell, Superior Court Presiding Judge [35]; ACLU attorney Daniel Pochoda [35]; Sandra Dowling, former Maricopa County School Superintendent [36]; Mike Lacy, Phoenix New Times.[36]

To date (July 10, 2010), of the above only Sandra Dowling has been successfully prosecuted.[36] Indicted on 25 felony counts, Dowling eventually plead guilty to patronage (to wit: giving a summer job to her daughter), a sole class 2 misdemeanor.[37]

Investigation brings no arrest of Joe, looks like the self centered groups are the only ones complaining against him.

Last edited:

That's funny right there. I bet my IQ doubles yours. Have you read SB 1070 yet, or are you still arguing that it racially profiles?

Oh by the way. You do realize the simple solution here don't you? Deport the illegals in this guy's jail and suddenly his jail is empty.

We all know you sat down one saturday and read the entire bill.. DIDNT YOU? Mr. Double my IQ, answer me that, DID YOU READ THE ENTIRE BILL? Seriously, did you?

No diversions, no nothing, answer the question, DID YOU READ THE ENTIRE BILL? I love when people throw that tripe out,but didnt read it themselves.

DID YOU READ THE ENTIRE BILL?

Sheriff's Posse
Building upon Maricopa County's 50-year-old program, Arpaio expanded the all-volunteer civilian posse through heavy recruiting. The volunteers perform many duties for the sheriff's office:

search and rescue
emergency communications
prisoner transport
traffic control
backup for sworn deputies
office administrative duties
Holiday Mall Patrol (which provides motorist assistance and security for shoppers during the holiday shopping season)
deadbeat parent details targeting men and women with outstanding arrest warrants for failure to pay child support.
Selective Service registration and organ donors
In 2001, Arpaio was the first sheriff to require all inmates 18 years and older to register for the Selective Service System. Registration is required by federal law for all U.S. males between 18 and 26 years of age, as well as for resident aliens of the same age regardless of their immigration status. Since 2001, a total of 28,000 inmates (including 9,000 aliens) have registered for Selective Service.[26][27]

The Sheriff also started the "Have a Heart" program in which inmates may volunteer to be organ donors.[27]

We all know you sat down one saturday and read the entire bill.. DIDNT YOU? Mr. Double my IQ, answer me that, DID YOU READ THE ENTIRE BILL? Seriously, did you?

No diversions, no nothing, answer the question, DID YOU READ THE ENTIRE BILL? I love when people throw that tripe out,but didnt read it themselves.

In fact I have, a few times. Have you? Also, have you read the COTUS?

Sheriff Joe Arpaio - Special Reports - Phoenix

For more than 15 years, Phoenix New Times has reported on Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio's serious abuse of power. The self-described "Toughest Sheriff in America" has fostered horrendous jail conditions, reckless police operations, and carried out personal vendettas against political rivals and members of the press. In the last year or more, he has also appointed himself enforcer of the nation's immigration laws in Arizona, and a whole new series of problems has emerged. Foremost, he and his deputies have violated the Constitutional rights of brown-skinned U.S. citizens and have committed outright cruelty against the undocumented. This year, the U.S. Justice Department has commenced an investigation of his actions.

In fact I have, a few times. Have you? Also, have you read the COTUS?

Not only did you just lie, but you backed it up with"a few times"....oh man, you are so full of shit.

Conhog, ask your ADA what she thinks about this.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIoyJ-LyAaE]YouTube - Maricopa County Sheriff's employee takes documents from defense attorney[/ame]

That is one of Sheriff Joe's deputies doing that.

Forum List

Back