Would You Steal?

Leo123

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2017
If your town was hit with a similar tragedy as Houston? Seems some are looting stores and stealing money from the cash boxes. If I needed food and a store was compromised and I could gain access, I might go in and get what I need.....however......I would leave cash instead of stealing it from the register. OR if I was starving, and had no money I would leave an IOU with my contact info.

I'm not a stupid liberal. I keep plenty of food water and cash. Bullets too.....I got radios, gas, clothes, solar powered stuff....

Liberals are looking for excuses to justify looting.

The best and the worst of humanity is exposed in tragedies like this.

Last edited:
If your town was hit with a similar tragedy as Houston? Seems some are looting stores and stealing money from the cash boxes. If I needed food and a store was compromised and I could gain access, I might go in and get what I need.....however......I would leave cash instead of stealing it from the register. OR if I was starving, and had no money I would leave an IOU with my contact info.
You don't think the looters would take your cash?

What you describe is rare...most towns and localities will be there for you at a time like that. If I couldn't find a shelter I would find a police station, fire station or hospital.

Our house is prepared enough to handle about a month or so without any outside assistance and we're not in any kind of danger zone for anything. Regardless, there is no way I'd steal from a neighbor in my town (I'd say or businessman, but frankly those folks /are/ my neighbors) I'm quite sure that anyone in this area would assist folks without even really being asked, most of us are military or police officers who are more than happy to help our fellow citizens. Small town mentality is a whole different animal I suppose.

I've attempted to recall any disaster out here and frankly nothing disastery has ever happened... The only thing I can even compare to is when the community banded together (and threw temper tantrums) to get stuff done or in a sense "protest" crimes. Like, we had armed vigils for months after a guy robbed a local cigarette store - in fact it's still discussed as a "major problem" some four years later heh. A couple houses burnt down, the effected families were taken in by neighbors and our all volunteer fire department was given major accolades for their efforts in getting the family pets out - including a goldfish who tragically died shortly afterward (stress perhaps, the local school made a sympathy card for the young man.) I think the closest thing to a "local" disaster we've even had is when Willow had a major fire, a ton of dog sled racer folks live out there, and Chugiak sports a fairly large community of sledders as well - a number of teams were brought here to weather the storm and many in our community drove the 57 or so miles with their hauler vehicles to taxi the pups out of harms way and assist the mushers in evacuating, and later in assisting them with rebuilding - providing dog food, donating time and supplies to build dog houses, make them harnesses, and new sleds and rebuild their homes and so forth. When Big Lake, also around 50 miles away, went up in flames we evacuated and housed residents as well - though I'm not so sure that counts since a great many folks in Eagle River/Chugiak have recreational cabins on Big Lake (military ties to each other and a massive ego contest on the lake there - New Years Fireworks displays were completely insane heh) so there's a personal relationship with the full time residents out there to keep an eye on our cabins (and kind of a de facto agreement that the wealthy folks will be there to help them out as well. It's very common that a permanent neighbor will park their rolling stock with a recreational neighbor as a sort of payment for full time security so to speak)

You don't think the looters would take your cash?

Good point....I could reimburse later. Maybe just keep a list of what I took then when things calm down find the owner and pay.

What you describe is rare...most towns and localities will be there for you at a time like that. If I couldn't find a shelter I would find a police station, fire station or hospital.

That is what happened in NO and now TX. Some are just taking from compromised businesses.

WTF?
That someone would even suggest that I would do that would seriously piss me off!!!

WTF?
That someone would even suggest that I would do that would seriously piss me off!!!

Good!! And I never suggested you would do that. It was just a question. I see it happening on the news and I wondered if anyone here thought it was their right to steal food considering the catastrophic situation. Seems they don't.....I sure didn't mean to upset anyone.

Like you, and in dire enough need of food -- meaning I was nowhere near a place that is distributing food and hadn't eaten in several days, maybe a week -- yes, I'd pilfer food.

some are looting stores and stealing money from the cash boxes.

I would do that only if I were at the point of being willing to eat the cash. I would surely trap/forage for small animals or insects and edible plants before I become willing to eat bills. (Obviously, I'm not going to eat coins.)

Last edited:
Like you, and in dire enough need of food -- meaning I was nowhere near a place that is distributing food and hadn't eaten in several days, maybe a week -- yes, I'd pilfer food.

OK so you would steal (not pay back). Why? Do you feel you are entitled to free stuff?

Last edited:
Leo123, Your posts are new enough that you probably can still actually delete them. See the "edit" options on the left side of your post.

Edit:
I didn't mean the above in a smart-alecky way such as "delete your account," which some say derisively on Facebook/Twitter.

The member at the time had several posts he'd clearly posted by mistake. He's since deleted them. I noticed what was going on and tried to be helpful.

...Figured this edit worth including now that he's deleted the "problem" posts.​

Last edited:

Forum List

Back