Would You Pay More For A Product To Help Workers

Would You Pay More For A Product If It Helped Workers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You're unwilling to try. And that's sad. But oh well. Like i said, the greed and hate is coming back around on so many. Now the Middle Class Taxpayers will have to pick up the tab on Walmart's and McDonalds' Slaves. They're gonna find out that it really does hurt being a disrespected Slave. It is Karmic Justice.

I remember the last time I went to McDonalds ... The cashier and staff looked at me like they would rather I die than provide me with good service ... They were unprofessional and disrespectful.
I turned around and walked out the door ... Never been back in one since, and won't be ... Talk about Karmic Justice ... Screw McDonalds and their sorry-assed employees.

Another sad result of Slave Labor. They feel worthless and abused. And that obviously effects attitudes and behavior. Happy and prosperous Workers make for better Workers. Everyone benefits.

Funny how employees don't have to earn their respect by being good employees first.

Maybe if some of the forever entry level position people provided excellent service they wouldn't be in entry level positions any more.

I remember when people used to tell new employees, "Come in early, stay late, do more than is expected of you and you'll move up"

Today people seem to think they are worth more to the company than they are.

Lesson to learn: EVERYONE is replaceable. It's your job to make yourself important enough to your employer not to be replaced easily.

I remember the last time I went to McDonalds ... The cashier and staff looked at me like they would rather I die than provide me with good service ... They were unprofessional and disrespectful.
I turned around and walked out the door ... Never been back in one since, and won't be ... Talk about Karmic Justice ... Screw McDonalds and their sorry-assed employees.

Another sad result of Slave Labor. They feel worthless and abused. And that obviously effects attitudes and behavior. Happy and prosperous Workers make for better Workers. Everyone benefits.

Funny how employees don't have to earn their respect by being good employees first.

Maybe if some of the forever entry level position people provided excellent service they wouldn't be in entry level positions any more.

I remember when people used to tell new employees, "Come in early, stay late, do more than is expected of you and you'll move up"

Lesson to learn: EVERYONE is replaceable. It's your job to make yourself important enough to your employer not to be replaced easily.

Unfortunately, the rules have changed. Americans have grown fat & happy with their Slave Labor. They've contributed to making these people feel worthless. They look down their noses at them. So it's easy to understand some having bad attitudes about that. Like i said, it hurts being a disrespected Slave. But it's all coming back around. The Middle Class is beginning to feel their pain. They're beginning to find out what being a Slave feels like. And Walmart and McDonalds are laughing all the way to the bank. The Taxpayer Suckers are picking up the tab.

We all love our cheap goods, but very few of us ever stop and think about how those cheap goods come about. There is a price to pay for those low prices. Would you pay more for a product if you knew it would help Workers?

Yes. Well paid and happy employees produce quality goods and services. We've all purchased durable and non durable goods which weren't worth their cost - no matter how cheap.

Unfortunately, the rules have changed. Americans have grown fat & happy with their Slave Labor. They've contributed to making these people feel worthless. They look down their noses at them. So it's easy to understand some having bad attitudes about that. Like i said, it hurts being a disrespected Slave. But it's all coming back around. The Middle Class is beginning to feel their pain. They're beginning to find out what being a Slave feels like. And Walmart and McDonalds are laughing all the way to the bank. The Taxpayer Suckers are picking up the tab.

Catching up on the quotes and comments ...

I don't really look down on the employees ... I don't look at them at all ... Because they forgot that my business is what provides them with anything.
It wasn't because I am fat, lazy and complacent ... It was because I had money and they didn't want it bad enough.

I carried my butt down the road to Raising Canes ... Bought some damn good chicken from an establishment that charged me more for my meal ... And pays their employees better.
I did business there ... Not because they advertise better pay for employees, or better structural organization ... But because I had money and they had both what I wanted and provided me with the service I desired.

The rest of you fools can worry about all the social engineering ... Who does what, where and when.
Until you figure out that my money comes out of my wallet when you give me what I want ... Then you are the only ones making anything a tax burden on anybody ... Because that is the only other way you are going to get it.

Last edited:
We all love our cheap goods, but very few of us ever stop and think about how those cheap goods come about. There is a price to pay for those low prices. Would you pay more for a product if you knew it would help Workers?

Yes. Well paid and happy employees produce quality goods and services. We've all purchased durable and non durable goods which weren't worth their cost - no matter how cheap.

100% agree. Happy and prosperous Workers make for better Workers. When they feel a sense of worth, they produce better.

Last edited:

No American workers have grown complacent and entitled.

And stop insulting people who were actually slaves by comparing them to people today who have no concept of slavery at all.

And stop insulting people who were actually slaves by comparing them to people today who have no concept of slavery at all.

Comparing a McDonalds worker to slavery is, yes, ridiculous. However, slave labor/near slave labor is alive and well in other countries. Like I said in a previous post - I will wager 70% of non-grocery items in any WalMart/Cosco/Dollar Store etc. is manufactured using grossly underpaid foreign labor. Which is basically slave labor...in a modern sense.

Last edited:
Too many Americans' hearts really have grown cold. Many truly do look down their noses at their fellow Americans. They feel McDonalds and Walmart Workers are worthless undesirables. It's a very sad mentality. Too many just don't understand how important these Workers are. They take all their greedy anger out on them. But it's not they who deserve the anger and scorn. It's the Businesses who demand their Slave Labor that deserve the scorn.

The Middle Class Taxpayers are paying for their Slave Labor. Those low prices really aren't that low. They're actually very costly in the end. Those products are that cheap for a reason. Americans just need to start looking into why those prices are so low. When they do, I have a feeling it's going to be a very surprising sobering experience.

They feel McDonalds and Walmart Workers are worthless undesirables. It's a very sad mentality.

It's true, liberal support for unlimited immigration depresses the wages of our unskilled workers.
Close the borders already, it's the law!
In a way, it's a 2 edge sword....and a catch 22....

Behind the scenes, gvt people who support the eventual amnesty of illegal immigrants do so for the Country's benefit, so they think....

10 million legal, tax paying people, overnight, or in a short time period...with Social security Boomer retirements looming and only 2 SS tax paying people in the work force to pay for every 1 person going on to social security and retiring just won't cut it and will collapse the national retirement system as we know it....

the so called "easy fix" would be to legalize the millions of illegals working here, in a very short time period....

Of course, if one is going to do this, the proper way to do it would be to bring in to our country a variety of nationalities with a variety of occupations from high to low income, instead of primarily just one nationality....and primarily just low income workers.

-Providing one agrees with the process of shoring up Social Security with more workers, bringing in people with a variety of nationalities keeps immigrants as part of the melting pot, verses all from one country could become a foreign nationality trying to convert America in to Mexico or China as example, and a them vs us mentality and uproar....where a variety of nationalities would make these new immigrants meld in with just being American.

-If only low wage earner immigrants are the only immigrants, whatever is paid in to SS will be paid out with other various 'benefit to low wage earner programs'.

-and with only low wage workers as immigrants, it floods the market place with only one kind of worker and it invariably brings the wages of the low wage American citizen workers down even further.

So it hurts low wage American workers even more so.

===================================

the threat of being able to just ship jobs overseas, at a dollar an hour in labor costs, also hurts the American middle class worker...

Not willing to support American Made or the American worker is cutting off ones nose to spite ones face and is SUPPORTING FULL FORCE, shipping jobs overseas and in to countries with slave labor wages.

It's supporting closing every industry in the USA for the support of workers getting paid nothing overseas and will only continue to bring wages for the middle class downward....

the downward spin on wages for the middle class has already happened and now people can only afford the prices at Walmart...I think the American middle class is done with....we have past the point of no return.....

Last edited:
Yup. That's it. Keep those wages low. Makes the stockholders soooooooo happy.

The union owners of UAL kept the employee wages low?
Those greedy union bastards!
Toddster, me boy, you seem to have an obsession with UAL. I know it is all over the bat shit crazy con web sites, but you apparently missed a couple of points.
1. UAL was never union owned. It was employee owned for a few years. You really should not lie, me boy. Makes you look silly.
2. For the majority of it's history, UAL was NOT employee owned, but a standard corporation form that got into heavy trouble based on the enlightened guidance of it's management and board of directors. Employee ownership happened in an effort to SAVE the company.
3, You do not seem to be capable of understanding that talking about ONE of many, many thousands of companies proves nothing.

As all the data shows, the wealthy are getting more so at an increasing rate. I know you do not care, as long as the very, very wealthy get more so. Problem is, most do not feel as you do.

Really, me boy, look up integrity. You will feel sooo much better if you follow the precepts discussed there.

It was employee owned for a few years.

That's a relief, employees, not greedy rich owners.
How'd the employees do?
About as bad as the capitalists who ran the company before them. Did you have a point?? You have no problem with the publicly owned version of UAL which was flushing itself. You do have a BIG problem with the fact that employees tried and failed equally to correct the problem. Why is that??
UAL had issues to do with OTHER AIRLINES, mostly new and unburdened ones. Better routes that were more profitable for those newer airlines. You seem to ignore everything but the small time when employees ran the company. Why is that??
I smell agenda!!

Last edited:
Too many Americans' hearts really have grown cold. Many truly do look down their noses at their fellow Americans. They feel McDonalds and Walmart Workers are worthless undesirables. It's a very sad mentality. Too many just don't understand how important these Workers are. They take all their greedy anger out on them. But it's not they who deserve the anger and scorn. It's the Businesses who demand their Slave Labor that deserve the scorn.

The Middle Class Taxpayers are paying for their Slave Labor. Those low prices really aren't that low. They're actually very costly in the end. Those products are that cheap for a reason. Americans just need to start looking into why those prices are so low. When they do, I have a feeling it's going to be a very surprising sobering experience.

They feel McDonalds and Walmart Workers are worthless undesirables. It's a very sad mentality.

It's true, liberal support for unlimited immigration depresses the wages of our unskilled workers.
Close the borders already, it's the law!
In a way, it's a 2 edge sword....and a catch 22....

Behind the scenes, gvt people who support the eventual amnesty of illegal immigrants do so for the Country's benefit, so they think....

10 million legal, tax paying people, overnight, or in a short time period...with Social security Boomer retirements looming and only 2 SS tax paying people in the work force to pay for every 1 person going on to social security and retiring just won't cut it and will collapse the national retirement system as we know it....

the so called "easy fix" would be to legalize the millions of illegals working here, in a very short time period....

Of course, if one is going to do this, the proper way to do it would be to bring in to our country a variety of nationalities with a variety of occupations from high to low income, instead of primarily just one nationality....and primarily just low income workers.

-Providing one agrees with the process of shoring up Social Security with more workers, bringing in people with a variety of nationalities keeps immigrants as part of the melting pot, verses all from one country could become a foreign nationality trying to convert America in to Mexico or China as example, and a them vs us mentality and uproar....where a variety of nationalities would make these new immigrants meld in with just being American.

-If only low wage earner immigrants are the only immigrants, whatever is paid in to SS will be paid out with other various 'benefit to low wage earner programs'.

-and with only low wage workers as immigrants, it floods the market place with only one kind of worker and it invariably brings the wages of the low wage American citizen workers down even further.

So it hurts low wage American workers even more so.

===================================

the threat of being able to just ship jobs overseas, at a dollar an hour in labor costs, also hurts the American middle class worker...

Not willing to support American Made or the American worker is cutting off ones nose to spite ones face and is SUPPORTING FULL FORCE, shipping jobs overseas and in to countries with slave labor wages.

It's supporting closing every industry in the USA for the support of workers getting paid nothing overseas and will only continue to bring wages for the middle class downward....

the downward spin on wages for the middle class has already happened and now people can only afford the prices at Walmart...I think the American middle class is done with....we have past the point of no return.....

Behind the scenes, gvt people who support the eventual amnesty of illegal immigrants do so for the Country's benefit

For their own political benefit, not the country's.

10 million legal, tax paying people, overnight, or in a short time period...

If we were importing 10 million, educated, tax paying workers, you might have a point.
10 million new uneducated, government service consuming citizens would only make things worse.

with Social security Boomer retirements looming

Yeah, adding more people who will pull more out than they put in will not help the long-term viability of the system.

Toddster, me boy, you seem to have an obsession with UAL. I know it is all over the bat shit crazy con web sites, but you apparently missed a couple of points.
1. UAL was never union owned. It was employee owned for a few years. You really should not lie, me boy. Makes you look silly.
2. For the majority of it's history, UAL was NOT employee owned, but a standard corporation form that got into heavy trouble based on the enlightened guidance of it's management and board of directors. Employee ownership happened in an effort to SAVE the company.
3, You do not seem to be capable of understanding that talking about ONE of many, many thousands of companies proves nothing.

As all the data shows, the wealthy are getting more so at an increasing rate. I know you do not care, as long as the very, very wealthy get more so. Problem is, most do not feel as you do.

Really, me boy, look up integrity. You will feel sooo much better if you follow the precepts discussed there.

How'd the employees do?
About as bad as the capitalists who ran the company before them. Did you have a point?? You have no problem with the publicly owned version of UAL which was flushing itself. You do have a BIG problem with the fact that employees tried and failed equally to correct the problem. Why is that??
UAL had issues to do with OTHER AIRLINES, mostly new and unburdened ones. Better routes that were more profitable for those newer airlines. You seem to ignore everything but the small time when employees ran the company. Why is that??
I smell agenda!!

About as bad as the capitalists who ran the company before them. Did you have a point??

I guess it's not as easy running a company as it is blaming greedy owners.

You have no problem with the publicly owned version of UAL which was flushing itself.

Those unions made it difficult, didn't they.

UAL had issues to do with OTHER AIRLINES, mostly new and unburdened ones.

Unburdened? Please explain further.

How'd the employees do?
I smell agenda!!

About as bad as the capitalists who ran the company before them. Did you have a point??

You have no problem with the publicly owned version of UAL which was flushing itself.

Good to see you admit that the company had it's problems with making a go of things prior to any ownership by employees. And that you admit it was not run by the unions as you had previously said. It was on the verge of bankrupcy when employees put in a large amount of money for partial ownership. Around 50%. And you seem to ignore the fact that they ran nothing. The company was run by the executives in those positions.

but mostly you are just busy pushing a single company's failure as a reason to believe that it was unions that killed UAL. And you are, of course, wrong. You believe that the workers should have been without representation when they dealt with the great monopoly power that united weilded. Which is what your agenda pushes. But you do not seem to have an answer to the fact that ownership earnings are WAY up, while workers earnings have stagnated. No blame for the fact that ceo's and other c level individuals are making huge gains in earnings and wealth, while the employees of the companies they run do not share in the gains. And no problem at all ignoring that the unions gave back much of their collective bargaining wins in attempts to see the company succeed. No problem at all that the companies did not fund or invest the money set aside for them, to the point that pensions were lost.
You ignore all of the factors that made airlines falter. Not just ual, but several.

And no, me boy, unions did not make things difficult. UAL management did that on their own. But I know, if only they all worked at minimum wage, it may have taken ual a bit longer to go bankrupt.

Ain't agenda great??

Last edited:
I smell agenda!!

Good to see you admit that the company had it's problems with making a go of things prior to any ownership by employees. And that you admit it was not run by the unions as you had previously said. It was on the verge of bankrupcy when employees put in a large amount of money for partial ownership. Around 50%. And you seem to ignore the fact that they ran nothing. The company was run by the executives in those positions.

but mostly you are just busy pushing a single company's failure as a reason to believe that it was unions that killed UAL. And you are, of course, wrong. You believe that the workers should have been without representation when they dealt with the great monopoly power that united weilded. Which is what your agenda pushes. But you do not seem to have an answer to the fact that ownership earnings are WAY up, while workers earnings have stagnated. No blame for the fact that ceo's and other c level individuals are making huge gains in earnings and wealth, while the employees of the companies they run do not share in the gains. And no problem at all ignoring that the unions gave back much of their collective bargaining wins in attempts to see the company succeed. No problem at all that the companies did not fund or invest the money set aside for them, to the point that pensions were lost.
You ignore all of the factors that made airlines falter. Not just ual, but several.

And no, me boy, unions did not make things difficult. UAL management did that on their own. But I know, if only they all worked at minimum wage, it may have taken ual a bit longer to go bankrupt.

Ain't agenda great??

But you do not seem to have an answer to the fact that ownership earnings are WAY up, while workers earnings have stagnated.

Looks like United Continental Holdings lost $723 million last year.
I'm pretty sure workers earnings at United Continental Holdings were a positive number.

Ain't agenda great??

But you do not seem to have an answer to the fact that ownership earnings are WAY up, while workers earnings have stagnated.

Looks like United Continental Holdings lost $723 million last year.
I'm pretty sure workers earnings at United Continental Holdings were a positive number.
I was providing information on the economy overall. You always seem to go off looking at some specific company. Here is a news flash, Toddy, there are, and have, always been companies loosing money. In bad economies and good. And we have always had, for instance, ceo's with golden parachutes making millions of bucks on their way out after ruining the company they were hired to run. I suspect the employees that were cut did not get those golden parachutes. Or did you think they did?
Point is still there. The rich are doing great. The upper 1% are golden. The upper .5% are platinum. All with HUGE increases in wealth and earnings. The workers are just running in place. Which is almost as good as you could want it, as a con tool. If you could only see them at chinese earnings levels, you would be doing that victory dance.

By the way, me boy, you are correct that uch lost millions last year. But their CEO made about $8 million. Just think what he will make when they can him.

Last edited:
...The rich are doing great. The upper 1% are golden. The upper .5% are platinum. All with HUGE increases in wealth and earnings. The workers are just running in place...
Yo! Creating wealth is hard work and the wealthiest 1% are the hardest working 1%.

We need to remember that 'hardest working' doesn't mean long hours or effort, it means getting the most work done. Sure we got some bad CEO's and they don't stay CEO's for long. Just like the bad rank'n'filers eventually end up on welfare.

...The rich are doing great. The upper 1% are golden. The upper .5% are platinum. All with HUGE increases in wealth and earnings. The workers are just running in place...
Yo! Creating wealth is hard work and the wealthiest 1% are the hardest working 1%.

We need to remember that 'hardest working' doesn't mean long hours or effort, it means getting the most work done. Sure we got some bad CEO's and they don't stay CEO's for long. Just like the bad rank'n'filers eventually end up on welfare.
when you can not argue a point, you simply make stupid statements based on your agenda. Which, of course, is your opinion. And you know how much I value your opinion.
Try to say something that you can provide support for, like a link. And stop wasting people's time. You contribute NOTHING.

I'm encouraged by the results of this little Poll. Americans need to start approaching the American Worker issue in a different manner. All American Workers have value. They all bring skills and provide services to Americans who want and need them. Just think for second, what if all Cashiers in America decided to go on Strike? What would Americans do? I'm sure they would get by, but they would realize pretty quickly how important those 'lowly' Workers are to their everyday lives.

But that's not all. When you support Slave Labor, you're only hurting yourself in the end. Yes, you'll get those cheap goods, but you'll end up paying a heavy price eventually. People have to survive. The Slaves will turn to Government Assistance. And the Taxpayer will pick up the tab. But Americans should stop being so angry at the Workers. They need to start redirecting that anger at Businesses who profit off Slave Labor. Walmart and McDonald's are good with the Taxpayers picking up the tab. It's just time for Americans to start really thinking about how those cheap goods come about. Time to start supporting the American Worker again.

I'm encouraged by the results of this little Poll. Americans need to start approaching the American Worker issue in a different manner. All American Workers have value. They all bring skills and provide services to Americans who want and need them. Just think for second, what if all Cashiers in America decided to go on Strike? What would Americans do? I'm sure they would get by, but they would realize pretty quickly how important those 'lowly' Workers are to their everyday lives.

But that's not all. When you support Slave Labor, you're only hurting yourself in the end. Yes, you'll get those cheap goods, but you'll end up paying a heavy price eventually. People have to survive. The Slaves will turn to Government Assistance. And the Taxpayer will pick up the tab. But Americans should stop being so angry at the Workers. They need to start redirecting that anger at Businesses who profit off Slave Labor. Walmart and McDonald's are good with the Taxpayers picking up the tab. It's just time for Americans to start really thinking about how those cheap goods come about. Time to start supporting the American Worker again.

The best way to support low skill American workers is to deport 20 million low skill illegals competing with them for jobs.

...remember that 'hardest working' doesn't mean long hours or effort, it means getting the most work done. Sure we got some bad CEO's and they don't stay CEO's for long. Just like the bad rank'n'filers eventually end up on welfare.
...stupid...
Ah.

You're the smart one 'cause I have to support you w/ my taxes and you can sit back and complain. OK, so while this may be the thinking with about half the U.S. these days, you might not want to count on it going on for much longer...

The best way to support low skill American workers is to deport 20 million low skill illegals competing with them for jobs.

I hear ya, but that ship has sailed. It just aint gonna happen. And get ready for 30 to 50 Million more in the near future. Looks like American Wages are about to take another substantial hit. And that's gonna be bad for everyone. The Welfare rolls are already bursting at the seams. Amnesty shouldn't happen. More Americans just need to start fighting for the American Worker again. They'll be better off for it.

Forum List

Back