Would you marry a single mum/dad?

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Tramps and Thieves, A Real Gypsy Pay-off
I usually prefer women without children but not because I think they are whores or something but because children who are not your own often end up rebelling against you and not accepting you as their father, they will say "You cant tell me anything you are not my father" but there are exceptions. I would maybe marry a woman with child.

I usually prefer women without children but not because I think they are whores or something but because children who are not your own often end up rebelling against you and not accepting you as their father, they will say "You cant tell me anything you are not my father" but there are exceptions. I would maybe marry a woman with child.
My Stepfather saved my family from my control freak father. He stepped in and saved my mother a life as a wife/slave to my father as she could not support herself without a man to help. We kids never appreciated my Step father but he was always there for us until his death.

Stay away from women with kids.....you piss them off they will accuse you of all kinds of shit. Most are looking for a roof over their head.

Stay away from women with kids.....you piss them off they will accuse you of all kinds of shit. Most are looking for a roof over their head.
They can be really thankful to the right guy.

sure; my problem is i really can handle uncommitted sex and feel no need to get serious if women don't feel the need to "fornicate me out of it".

sure; my problem is i really can handle uncommitted sex and feel no need to get serious if women don't feel the need to "fornicate me out of it".
Dude, your english lessons suck.

Depends on the situation. I went with this one girl once, got used to her kid, and then she breaks up with me. That can't be good fer chilluns.

I met the perfect single mom,
No one could ask for more.
She's deaf and dumb and oversexed,
And owns a liquor store.

I would be hard-pressed to marry again, much less to a man with children in the home. The family dynamics would be a struggle unless I had been seeing the man for a year or more and understood and approved of his relationship with his children and his relationship with me and his children and their relationship with me. These marriages can work out but I wouldn't be a good candidate as a step-mom as I love living without a partner, period. I am "free to be"and never lonely. I am total and complete without baggage for the life I live and love. There is never anger and any stress just comes from work but because I am in a job I love, that stress is good stress. A stressful day generally means a successful day and makes for a great and satisfying evening. I was born to be independent but didn't always know it. I thought I was born to be "married with children." Someone asked me once if I ever got lonely and I answered them bluntly and honestly, "the only times I have ever been lonely is when I have been married."

The High Failure Rate of Second and Third Marriages

Excerpt: Ironically, the presence of children in second and third marriages, if they are from previous marriages, can cause problems and lead to tension. Having to adjust to your spouse's children and his/her relationship with them is often difficult for couples. Inevitably rivalries and arguments arise, making this a constant area of conflict. In these cases, the children can be a destabilizing factor in a second or third marriage.

I would be hard-pressed to marry again, much less to a man with children in the home. The family dynamics would be a struggle unless I had been seeing the man for a year or more and understood and approved of his relationship with his children and his relationship with me and his children and their relationship with me. These marriages can work out but I wouldn't be a good candidate as a step-mom as I love living without a partner, period. I am "free to be"and never lonely. I am total and complete without baggage for the life I live and love. There is never anger and any stress just comes from work but because I am in a job I love, that stress is good stress. A stressful day generally means a successful day and makes for a great and satisfying evening. I was born to be independent but didn't always know it. I thought I was born to be "married with children." Someone asked me once if I ever got lonely and I answered them bluntly and honestly, "the only times I have ever been lonely is when I have been married."

Excerpt: Ironically, the presence of children in second and third marriages, if they are from previous marriages, can cause problems and lead to tension. Having to adjust to your spouse's children and his/her relationship with them is often difficult for couples. Inevitably rivalries and arguments arise, making this a constant area of conflict. In these cases, the children can be a destabilizing factor in a second or third marriage.

By the time it's 3rd marriage..wow..not good.

In b4 leftists point out Trump's been married 3x.

Bah, you just need a good man. :)

Dude, your english lessons suck.
dude; your comprehension skills are worse.

I did marry a woman with a 5 year old daughter. The mother and I divorced 7 years ago. I still have a daughter.

A good step-parent can change a child's entire life. If you don't want to take on the responsibility, then don't. But if you do, be a good step-parent. You both win.

Yeah, I won't marry again. Or at least I don't see myself marrying again. I have a wonderful partner. She and I fit together amazingly well. The only way we will marry is if there is a significant financial gain in our retirement.

One more thing on this topic. Whomever you are contemplating marrying will put their child first, if they are worth anything at all. If they put you first, you don't want them.

Forum List

Back