Would You Change You Scree Name If You Could

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
A serious question on an issue that should be serious. But being a realist I suspect this could go into the Flame Zone at any time.

Many screen names are juveniles and worse. I have to wonder if after being an online member and wanting to grow as a person and be taken seriously by others, if given the option any of you would...
Change You Scree Name If You Could

No. Mine is taken from a heroic fictional character, as opposed to a soft diapered Democrat character.

A serious question on an issue that should be serious. But being a realist I suspect this could go into the Flame Zone at any time.

Many screen names are juveniles and worse. I have to wonder if after being an online member and wanting to grow as a person and be taken seriously by others, if given the option any of you would...
I would change mine to dontay. Yours sounds too much like dainty like a dainty little hanky.

But seriously I'd like to start fresh and pretend to be a conservative.

Actually I am another member. I use my mom's email to sign up. I'm Bushisgod.

I don't think I would change mine, per se, but if the rules allowed it, I would like to have two screen names, like a secret identity on the same account.

It would be nice to have a different identity that I could just log in and post like an idiot like 75% of the rest of the forum. Then I could drink, kick back, and just be an ass. Again, like most of the board. But That's not me. However, if my altered state screen name got banned, when I posted something when I wasn't in my right mind, I'm sure the mods would want to punish my regular screen name too. So, I'm not sure how well that would work. My mind can be pretty wicked w/o filters. Okay, well, now that I'm sounding totally nuts, I leave it there.

I would change mine to dontay. Yours sounds too much like dainty like a dainty little hanky.

:lol: I've always associated Dante with Dante's Inferno, or hell raiser....but I don't really know why... :D

I have had my user name on all political message boards that I have been on, but one site.....where I had an anonymous male name...I wanted to see if I would be treated differently, if I were a male.... and it was a new board so, why not? :) Well, silly me thought I could pull that off but I think in about 3 days or sooner, I outed myself as a female and even signed my posts Care a couple of times and had to scramble and delete it before getting caught!!! I just gave up, I could not keep up the charade and fessed up that I was female :lol:

So no, I would never like a new user name, I am really happy with the one I've got and wouldn't recognize being called anything else...

:lol: I've always associated Dante with Dante's Inferno, or hell raiser....but I don't really know why... :D
I guess I purposefully played that. :eek:

Dante was a pup I was companions with for about ten years. *sigh

I have had my user name on all political message boards that I have been on, but one site.....where I had an anonymous male name...I wanted to see if I would be treated differently, if I were a male.... and it was a new board so, why not? :) Well, silly me thought I could pull that off but I think in about 3 days or sooner, I outed myself as a female and even signed my posts Care a couple of times and had to scramble and delete it before getting caught!!! I just gave up, I could not keep up the charade and fessed up that I was female :lol:

So no, I would never like a new user name, I am really happy with the one I've got and wouldn't recognize being called anything else...
Some day I might confess to most all I;ve done, that I can remember... :lol:

Some day I might confess to most all I;ve done, that I can remember... :lol:
I don't doubt that! :D

Not that you have or will fess up, but the part about; 'all that you have done', seems believable! :lol:

No, I've become attached to mine. And it's not juvenile: it's literary--from Nine Stories by JD Salinger.

No. Type the username and pass from muscle memory at this point. Last thing I want is to have to learn a new one. :)

I though about using my my old screen name from SB... But decided a fresh start was best.

I guess I purposefully played that. :eek:

Dante was a pup I was companions with for about ten years. *sigh
Sealy was my last dog too.

Forum List

Back