Would this make you happy?

Gasp!
That's profiling!
I'm all for it.
It's not racial profiling, it's psychological profiling.

I've been through Ben Gurion airport in Tel Aviv enough times to say that they ask you basic questions, privately. You stand in a queue, like at the post office. When it's your turn, you go to a podium-like desk and get asked the usual: did you pack your bags, were they ever out of your site, etc. But they also throw in some unexpected questions, looking for reactions. And make no mistake - they are looking intently at you the whole time. That's because they are trained professionals who know what to look for. And, of course, they are paid as professionals, not treated like minimum wage workers, herding the masses through the gates.

That's the difference between us and Israel: they spend millions to train their people, while we opt to spend hundreds of millions on scanners and devices that the public does not need or want.

"That's the difference between us and Israel: they spend millions to train their people, while we opt to spend hundreds of millions on scanners and devices that the public does not need or want."

Like "touch" screen voting machines.

There must be something imbedded in the American psyche that demands we solve our problems with screens and invasive media. Either that or we are just being herded into 1984.

A cheap and simple fix in the computer software of new airport scanners could silence the uproar from travelers who object to the so-called virtual strip search, according to a scientist who helped develop the program at one of the federal government's most prestigious institutes.

The researcher, associated with the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in California, said he was rebuffed when he offered the concept to Department of Homeland Security officials four years ago.

The fix would distort the images captured on full-body scanners so they look like reflections in a fun-house mirror, but any potentially dangerous objects would be clearly revealed, said Willard "Bill" Wattenburg, a former nuclear weapons designer at the Livermore lab.The scanners normally produce real-time outlines of the naked human body, and the Transportation Security Administration has been embroiled in controversy since installation of the new scanners began last month.

"Why not just distort the image into something grotesque so that there isn't anything titillating or exciting about it?" Wattenburg said.

Scientists say they have solution to TSA scanner objections

Just asking because the Obama admin is trial ballooning this idea in the press.

Personally I couldn't give a shit if some remote stranger sees me neked if I wasn't getting nuked in the process, maybe being inadvertently sterilized or genetically modified by under qualified airport security techs.

I don't mind going through the virtual strip search. It just them looking at my private parts that I find discomforting. If they could modify the scanner to make those private parts look bigger, it would resolve my discomfort and I could proudly pass through the scanner

Last edited:
The best solution I've heard so far:

If you are a guy, opt-out of the scanner, then tell them that you are Gay and require a female to pat you down.

:eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back