Alaska Bill Would Criminalize Invasive TSA Pat Downs

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Robodoon, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Robodoon

Robodoon Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +113
    [​IMG]
    Alaska Bill Would Criminalize Invasive TSA Pat Downs
    Rep. Sharon Cissna’s legislation would also ban body scanners that produce naked images

A bill introduced by Alaska lawmaker and TSA grope victim Rep. Sharon Cissna would criminalize both invasive pat downs and body scans that produce naked images conducted by the federal agency, setting the stage for another states’ rights battle with the government.

When Texas lawmakers tried to pass a similar law last year, the federal government threatened to enforce a no fly zone over the lone star state, and the measure was eventually defeated after a lengthy legislative struggle.

Cissna was barred from flying by the TSA after an incident at SEA-TAC International Airport last year during which she refused to undergo an intrusive pat down after she had already passed through a naked body scanner. The scan results showed scars from her breast cancer surgery, prompting TSA officials to insist she underwent secondary screening.

“Facing the agent I began to remember what my husband and I’d decided after the previous intensive physical search. That I never had to submit to that horror again!” she said. “It would be difficult, we agreed, but I had the choice to say no, this twisted policy did not have to be the price of flying to Juneau.”

The bill introduced by Cissna, HB 262, states;

A person commits the offense of interference with access to public buildings or transportation facilities if the person, as a condition for access to a public building or transportation facility, requires another person to consent or otherwise submit to

(1) physical contact by any person touching directly or through clothing the genitals, buttocks, or female breast of the person seeking access; or

(2) any electronic process that produces an electronic image of the genitals, anus, or female breast or otherwise creates an electronic image of the person seeking access that exposes or reveals a physical characteristic that is normally hidden by clothing and is not normally visible to the public.

Cissna’s legislation goes further than the Texas bill in that it bans body scanners that produce naked images. The abuse of such technology was in the news again this week after the TSA forced a woman to go through a body scanner three times at DFW International Airport so TSA screeners in a back room could get a “good look” at her “cute” figure.

Continued

Comment: Good for them I hope they get it passed and thumb their nose at the Police State being issued via DHS and TSA

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,858
    What a bunch of idiots...
    :mad:
    TSA screeners slacking off, report finds
    Oct. 9 (UPI) -- Transportation Security Administration screeners routinely failed to check bags for explosives at Honolulu International Airport, a government report said.
    See also:

Dying woman gets security pat-down at Sea-Tac
    Tuesday, October 9, 2012 - TSA agents to woman dying of leukemia: we'll need you to pull up the bandages holding your feeding tubes and open one of those bags of fluid they're pumping into you

3. JakeStarkey

JakeStarkey Diamond Member Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32,210
    All Alaska will get is its own LEO put federal custody.

4. Dissent

Dissent BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +214
    GOOD! Now lets see every state do this.

5. flacaltenn

flacaltenn USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,337
    We need to see the Feds impose a "no-fly zone" over Texas or any other state to teach them a lesson about resisting the TSA excesses.. I'd love to see that show-down.. Go Alaska -- show them Texans how it's done...

6. Dissent

Dissent BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +214
    Sarcasm?

7. OKTexas

OKTexas New Life Member of the NRA 12/15 Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,129
    I refuse to fly because of the gestapo tactics, we still have the 4th Amendment, last I heard.

8. tinydancer

tinydancer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,941
    I'm trying to figure out this thread.

I'm rocking with the Stones. So this isn't going to far.

9. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,585
    I also refuse to fly because of the security theatre...I'd rather hitch-hike.

10. tinydancer

tinydancer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,941
    They don't want you to fly. Don't you get it?