Would the GOP be able to continue if it ceased to be the PARTY OF GOD???

Would the GOP be able to continue if it ceased to be the PARTY OF GOD???

• YEP!!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
the republican party is now known as the party that crashed the economy twice in one lifetime

Both the Democrats and the Republicans have lost their bases before. Neither of them died. They just changed and found a new base. No major political party in this country has died since the 1850s, despite political changes at least as great as those that killed the Federalists and the Whigs. Major parties don't die in this country anymore. They change instead.

the republican party is owned by the wealthy.

they dont have enough votes to stay viable if they lose the duped religious right voters.

They will die because they REFUSE to change who they serve.

Pandering is the only way they stay viable

TM, you need to stop sloganeering and start thinking a little more. All you're saying here is that the Republican Party couldn't stay exactly as it is without the religious right, and that's both obvious and not to the point. If the party loses its religious-conservative backers (which it will, because they're growing fewer and fewer), it will CHANGE, it will not DISAPPEAR.

Seriously, to say anything else is to think with something that in any human being is not the organ of reason. (If you were a guy, I'd say it was thinking with your balls. Since you're not, that's not what you're doing, but you're doing something equally dumb.)

The democratic party is now the fiscal responsibility party...

I was going to post a long response demonstrating why everyone holds you in such high regard around here TM, but on the other hand I think I will just let your last asinine statement do the talking.

Tell us why you think the Democratic party is not the fiscal responsibility party?

Hmmmmmm....

" The Congressional Budget Office said Friday that President Barack Obama’s tax and spending policies will yield $6.4 trillion in deficits over the next decade, more than double the shortfall in CBO’s own fiscal baseline — even after taking credit for reduced war costs."

CBO: Exploding debt under Obama policies - David Rogers - POLITICO.com

"It's the most rapid increase in the debt under any U.S. president. The national debt increased $4.9 trillion during the eight-year presidency of George W. Bush. The debt now is rising at a pace to surpass that amount during Mr. Obama's four-year term."

National debt has increased $4 trillion under Obama - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

"The gross costs of the national healthcare law rammed through Congress by President Barack Obama will reach an estimated $1.76 trillion over 10 years – nearly twice the amount originally projected.

The figure, which the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) revealed on Wednesday, is bound to cause embarrassment to the administration as it comes just as debate on “Obamacare” is starting to heat up again, two weeks before the Supreme Court is set to hear arguments on whether the Affordable Care Act is unconstitutional.
"

Obamacare's Gross Costs Double to $1.76 Trillion, CBO Projects

Are you really this obtuse TM or do you just pretend to be this way because of some "political S&M" fetish you have...."hurt me, humiliate me, make me your slave". I mean should we identify your "safety word" before we start discussing this further?

IMHO the answer is a unequivocal NO.......

If it were not for the religious pandering, & phony promises millions would simply have no reason to support them, especially considering that supporting “the party of God” often goes against their own self interests……..

Thoughts??
Based upon a survey of 35,000 people, The Pew Forum found that 83% of US citizens identify with a religion. More specifically, 78.4% identify with a Christian denomination.
I'm pretty sure there are a lot of religious left in this country. This whole notion of the "religious right" and "party of god" is overwhelmingly ridiculous. Which is probably why the leftists and media (redundancy alert) keep pushing it.

Link to Pew Forum research on religion in America, Statistics on Religion in America Report -- Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life

Based upon a survey of 35,000 people, The Pew Forum found that 83% of US citizens identify with a religion. More specifically, 78.4% identify with a Christian denomination.
I'm pretty sure there are a lot of religious left in this country. This whole notion of the "religious right" and "party of god" is overwhelmingly ridiculous. Which is probably why the leftists and media (redundancy alert) keep pushing it.

Link to Pew Forum research on religion in America, Statistics on Religion in America Report -- Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life

True but you have the people who merely "identify with a religion" and then you have your Koshergirl's who ram it down your throat, insist that you obey their religion, and viciously attack anything and anyone who does not adhere to their dogmatic principles. It's the latter that, I must confess, tend to conglomerate in the ultra-right wing of the GOP and humiliate the rest of us rational, level headed, Republicans.

True but you have the people who merely "identify with a religion" and then you have your Koshergirl's who ram it down your throat, insist that you obey their religion, and viciously attack anything and anyone who does not adhere to their dogmatic principles. It's the latter that, I must confess, tend to conglomerate in the ultra-right wing of the GOP and humiliate the rest of us rational, level headed, Republicans.

I know quite a few devoutly religious people on both sides of the political spectrum. I'm just saying that the leftists and media try and make it appear as if only happens in one political party.

I know quite a few devoutly religious people on both sides of the political spectrum. I'm just saying that the leftists and media try and make it appear as if only happens in one political party.

Oh sure...I agree with that. As I mentioned before the extremist-religious element of the GOP is relatively small actually. It's just that they get the headlines because they screech the loudest and make dumb ass statements and the media uses that to paint the entire party with that particular brush.

Like I said....I will happily trade the religious right for the moderates, Independents, and conservative Democrats. I'll make that trade in a heartbeat. :lol:

Oh sure...I agree with that. As I mentioned before the extremist-religious element of the GOP is relatively small actually. It's just that they get the headlines because they screech the loudest and make dumb ass statements and the media uses that to paint the entire party with that particular brush.

Like I said....I will happily trade the religious right for the moderates, Independents, and conservative Democrats. I'll make that trade in a heartbeat. :lol:

And people like the OP (BillCosby) evidently fall for it hook, line and sinker.

IMHO the answer is a unequivocal NO.......

If it were not for the religious pandering, & phony promises millions would simply have no reason to support them, especially considering that supporting “the party of God” often goes against their own self interests……..

Thoughts??

RNC: Republican National Committee | RNC: Republican National Committee | GOP

That's odd...I don't see Party of God anywhere on there. Could you point it out for me, please?

kthnxbai.
Anybody else want to give it a try? Bill couldn't come up with anything.

Your party cant win anything without the tea party clowns

It's not the party of God now. Even though I have no mystical beliefs, I went to Catholic School. What they teach there and what the "let him die" "starve the poor because they will breed" "only care about kids until they are born" party who applauds executions believes are worlds apart.

Hey, Obango says that he is a Christian although that one is real debatable. His most ardent supporters are those who believe that a live birth abortion (partial birth abortion) is a valid medical procedure. His other ardent supporters called a woman a slut because she dare run for VP on the GOP ticket.

Forum List

Back