Would the GOP be able to continue if it ceased to be the PARTY OF GOD???

Would the GOP be able to continue if it ceased to be the PARTY OF GOD???

• YEP!!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey, Obango says that he is a Christian although that one is real debatable. His most ardent supporters are those who believe that a live birth abortion (partial birth abortion) is a valid medical procedure. His other ardent supporters called a woman a slut because she dare run for VP on the GOP ticket.

You don't really believe those things do you?

what did the Clinton admin do?

I'm pretty sure Mr Clinton signed a budget built and presented by a republican controlled House and Senate.
Any more questions?

You must spread around some reputation before giving it to Alan1 again.

Rats! :lol:

The CBO credits the lions share of the budget surpluses to the 1993 budget reduction act which was voted into law without ONE single R vote.

Sorry your lies dont work anymore

Hey, Obango says that he is a Christian although that one is real debatable. His most ardent supporters are those who believe that a live birth abortion (partial birth abortion) is a valid medical procedure. His other ardent supporters called a woman a slut because she dare run for VP on the GOP ticket.

You don't really believe those things do you?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEvkOPidWkY]David Letterman calls Governor Sarah Palin a slut - Late Show - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrbV8LssNfI]Cloris Leachman Calls Sarah Palin a Slut - YouTube[/ame]

I'm pretty sure Mr Clinton signed a budget built and presented by a republican controlled House and Senate.
Any more questions?

The CBO credits the lions share of the budget surpluses to the 1993 budget reduction act which was voted into law without ONE single R vote.

104th, 105th and 106th congress had a republican majority. 6 of 8 budgets during Mr Clinton's presidential time in office, He signed all their budgets. I'm unsure why you want to give Mr Clinton credit for budgets created by the congress.

IMHO the answer is a unequivocal NO.......

If it were not for the religious pandering, & phony promises millions would simply have no reason to support them, especially considering that supporting “the party of God” often goes against their own self interests……..

Thoughts??

Why not? It was doing fine before it was infested with the fundamentalists.

Any more questions?

Your lies don't work, ever, TDM.

That bill (which met a bit of Democrat opposition ,too) only passed by virtue of the Tie Breaker Vote cast by Bubba's VP, algore.

It may get some credit by the CBO for balancing the budget (or leading to balanced budgets) but what it REALLY did was to RAISE taxes all over the fucking place.

As per icky Wiki:
It created 36 percent and 39.6 income tax rates for individuals in the top 1.2% of the wage earners.[2]
It created a 35 percent income tax rate for corporations.
The cap on Medicare taxes was repealed.
Transportation fuels taxes were raised by 4.3 cents per gallon.
The taxable portion of Social Security benefits was raised.
The phase-out of the personal exemption and limit on itemized deductions were permanently extended.
Part IV Section 14131: Expansion of the Earned Income Tax Credit and added inflation adjustments
-- Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1993 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Heritage Foundation discussed an analysis of the COSTS associated with the Act:

BG1078nbsp Is There a Clinton Crunch

Oh shit. Not so rosy. Fucking meddling libs screwed it up again.

The 1993 budget reduction act gave us the surpluses.

Thaat is what the CBO determined.

they ended up being more than projected too

The Heritage Foundation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Heritage Foundation is an American conservative think tank based in Washington, D.C. Heritage's stated mission is to "formulate and promote conservative public policies based on the principles of free enterprise, limited government, individual freedom, traditional American values, and a strong national defense".[2]

The foundation took a leading role in the conservative movement during the presidency of Ronald Reagan, whose policies drew significantly from Heritage's policy study Mandate for Leadership.[3] Heritage has since continued to have a significant influence in U.S. public policy making, and is considered to be one of the most influential conservative research organizations in the United States.[4]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GBAsFwPglw]Paul Weyrich - "I don't want everybody to vote" (Goo Goo) - YouTube[/ame]

The FOUNDER of the hertiage foundation

to pretend the hertiage foundation is respectable and unbiased is a flat out lie

I am not a huge fan of ignorant trash like you and your ilk voting.

As a wise man has noted (albeit in somewhat different terms): an informed electorate is crucial to our Republic. But a significant number of present day voters (i.e., assholes such as you) are not motivated by information and education. Instead, you guys are shaped by emotionalism and fallacious appeals to your emotions.

Can you identify that wise man?

I know quite a few devoutly religious people on both sides of the political spectrum. I'm just saying that the leftists and media try and make it appear as if only happens in one political party.

Oh sure...I agree with that. As I mentioned before the extremist-religious element of the GOP is relatively small actually. It's just that they get the headlines because they screech the loudest and make dumb ass statements and the media uses that to paint the entire party with that particular brush.

Like I said....I will happily trade the religious right for the moderates, Independents, and conservative Democrats. I'll make that trade in a heartbeat. :lol:

Not many folks recall that it was Jimmy Carter who brought evangelicals into the political arena.....

Forum List

Back