Would A Romney/Portman Ticket Cause Intense Panic For Obama? Cross Off Ohio & Penn.

Mar 16, 2012
Sarasota & Naples, Florida

:iagree:
Romney says there are a lot of credible VP's to choose from. No set "Top 5" or short list. Of course most of us know that he is likely to choose one that will not only excite the base but will also insure a few swing states. Senator Rob Portman would & should easily hand Ohio and Pennsylvania to Romney.
What do you all think? It looks like a tossup between McDonnell & Portman for now {depending on whether Romney needs to sweep the Rust Belt or the Virginia/Carolina area}
:hmpf::confused::rolleyes:

Romney says there are a lot of credible VP's to choose from. No set "Top 5" or short list. Of course most of us know that he is likely to choose one that will not only excite the base but will also insure a few swing states. Senator Rob Portman would & should easily hand Ohio and Pennsylvania to Romney.
What do you all think? It looks like a tossup between McDonnell & Portman for now {depending on whether Romney needs to sweep the Rust Belt or the Virginia/Carolina area}

Who this guy? Rob Portman for U.S. Senate

I never heard of him until I saw your thread. What about portman (besides maybe bringing those states) do you think would help Romney's chances vs Obama that Romney doesn't already bring on his own?

He has been brought up time to time, he has a great record. The left will have nothing on him! {like how they portrayed Palin to be the devil}

I know this will come across as pessimistic "debbie downer" type of stuff but do you really expet that those on the left will not just lie? The left had been doing this more and more lately.

He has been brought up time to time, he has a great record. The left will have nothing on him! {like how they portrayed Palin to be the devil}

He was a member of the Bush Administration, so yes, the Democrats would have plenty on him. Regardless, I think choosing Portman is the only way Romney has a chance to win Ohio, and even then I'd say it's no guarantee.

• Banned
of course the left will make stuff up about Portman (maybe that he ate dogs, was born in Canada, a Russian Spy, has 3 wives, etc.) but would Ohio voters even care? When was the last time Ohio had one of their own as a President or VP?

of course the left will make stuff up about Portman (maybe that he ate dogs, was born in Canada, a Russian Spy, has 3 wives, etc.) but would Ohio voters even care? When was the last time Ohio had one of their own as a President or VP?

He is a Paul Ryan-lite. That will be the charge anyway. He wants to stomp kittens into the ground.
The last time OH had a President was Taft I think.

He would be a very good choice in many ways. Young, smart, and gives seriousness to the idea of a budget, as that was his job under Bush.

What does Pennsylvania have to do with Rob Portman? Absolutely nothing. Outside of Ohio, nobody has even heard of Rob Portman. Furthermore, the VP candidate doesn't always make a whole lot of difference. Did John Edwards deliver North Carolina to John Kerry?

Obama is already in trouble with Penn. But being Ohio and Penn have voted in sync most of the time, (and Portman being a neighbor) it will still help Romney.

Ohio went for Bush both times. PA went for Gore and Kerry. I fail to see how Portman helps Romney in Pennsylvania. I'd bet that 80% of people in PA have no clue who he even is. Hell, most people can't even name their own Senators let alone someone else's. I think you're being very naive with all of these "easy win" comments.

Forum List

Back